Andreas Christensen

Wilson

30 minutes ago, Styles said:

That's great news.

Azpi is really performing in his new role however so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Azpi plays very well as a CB but with a healthy Zouma and Christensen he could have a tough time make it into the starting eleven. He isn't too tall(178 cm) and not the best header. A tall striker can beat him very easily as Ibra did it on sunday. Azpi had no chance to win an aerial against him.

I think all this talk about him in first 11 is a bit overrated.

Atm we play 3:4:3 and I would play Azpi, Luiz and Zouma ahead of him. Not to mention Conte could go for another top CB. 

Christensen has a long way to go, but I feel people started to judge him on his passing ability. He is CB first and foremost and what matters is his defending. Secondly, there will be huge physical jump from buli to PL (just take a look at Baba) and things could go either way. 

Personaly, I prefer stronger, no nonsense CBs like Zouma, Baily ahead of Stones and Christensens, but we will see.

The lad plays well and deserves a chance next season no doubt. But a starting spot? No. Not yet atleast.

Rate this lad more higher than Zouma if im honest. Zouma is a big, fast guy but doesn't show to poise that Andreas has. I feel like having Zouma who is a bit rash at times and Luiz who is also a bit rash at times with a natural fullback in Azpi would be a bit of a disaster in the long run. If anything I'd prefer Azpi-Luiz-Christensen back three as opposed to a Azpi-Luiz-Zouma or Zouma-Luiz-Christensen  back three.

Nonetheless we should bring him back asap and play him. His potential is unreal.. reminds me a lot of Pique, just less dominant than him. If he can add that to his game he'd become one of the most complete modern defenders in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all fans of Chelsea,

I made a video about Andreas Christensen and I wanted to share with you the particular lot of action with Chelsea U23.
I hope you enjoy it and if you could tell me if you think he could stay at Chelsea next year after 2 years at Gladbach convincing especially since it seems to be one of the future best central defender.
Video : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVhAOz64jY

4 hours ago, nicolas41 said:

Hello to all fans of Chelsea,

I made a video about Andreas Christensen and I wanted to share with you the particular lot of action with Chelsea U23.
I hope you enjoy it and if you could tell me if you think he could stay at Chelsea next year after 2 years at Gladbach convincing especially since it seems to be one of the future best central defender.
Video : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVhAOz64jY

Good video man!

But he was born in 1996, not 97. In the beginning in the video and in the title you wrote 1997.

On 25/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, Mustafa said:

Rate this lad more higher than Zouma if im honest. Zouma is a big, fast guy but doesn't show to poise that Andreas has. I feel like having Zouma who is a bit rash at times and Luiz who is also a bit rash at times with a natural fullback in Azpi would be a bit of a disaster in the long run. If anything I'd prefer Azpi-Luiz-Christensen back three as opposed to a Azpi-Luiz-Zouma or Zouma-Luiz-Christensen  back three.

Nonetheless we should bring him back asap and play him. His potential is unreal.. reminds me a lot of Pique, just less dominant than him. If he can add that to his game he'd become one of the most complete modern defenders in the world.

How is Zouma rash? He isn't as elegant as Christensen but he's one of the least error prone CBs about. 

• 3 weeks later...

If he comes back next year he will likely be competing directly with David Luiz. Both play in the middle of the back 3 (or at least when Gladbach have used a back 3 this season AC has) and it is probably the best place for both of them, as both can step in to midfield and play without leaving us too exposed. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod next season if we continue with the back 3 as Luiz has been good since coming back but showed signs of his old self for the Spurs goal and in a few other instances. 

On 07/11/2016 at 3:27 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't think that too many CBs is an issue.  At Juve (my go to comparison because they've been playing a back 3 for a long time), they had BBC + Caceres + Rugani (who has a lot of potential).  No problems.

Rugani doesn't get a lot of playing time at all but I guess the flip side of that is lesrnibg and training constantly with BBC. 

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Think he's a perfect replacement for Cahill personally.

Maybe but I think he'd be better suited in that middle CB position, it's one he's very familiar with playing it with nearly every week with Mochengladbach, suits him down to the ground sweeping up and stepping out with the ball. Maybe he will replace Cahill next year but who knows, I don't think we'd have gone after Romagnoli if that was the case, left footed center back on the left side makes sense, round pegs in round holes and all.

I think that with his level of talent and comfort on the ball, and luiz being so versatile that Conte could figure out how to utilize both of their talents together. Luiz might thrive playing LCB or RCB if christensen slides in the middle. I look at BBC, Barzagli is the destroyer, Bonucci the ball player, and Chiellini has more freedom to charge into the attack/carry out. We have a lot of options available to us which is something Conte must love.

Example 1:         Azpi (Destroyer)       Christensen(passer)      Luiz(marauder) 

Example 2:        Zouma(Destroyer)     Christensen (Passer)    Luiz (Marauder)

Example 3:        Zouma                    Luiz                    Azpi

Example 4:          Azpi                Luiz                 Christensen

Luiz is playing unbelievably well in the center but that could be due to circumstance. He could potentially be even more lethal if moved to either side and such a smooth ball player like christensen in the middle. At the moment we don't have anyone who could play in Luiz spot except Luiz. Very exciting possibilities going forward. 

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe but I think he'd be better suited in that middle CB position, it's one he's very familiar with playing it with nearly every week with Mochengladbach, suits him down to the ground sweeping up and stepping out with the ball. Maybe he will replace Cahill next year but who knows, I don't think we'd have gone after Romagnoli if that was the case, left footed center back on the left side makes sense, round pegs in round holes and all.

He's not better than Luiz in that position because he lacks the physicality that Luiz does. Can you imagine Christensen doing what Luiz does now defensively or can you imagine him doing more what Cahill does defensively? 

Luiz is a better passer as well so there's literally no argument to play Christensen in the centre IF Luiz is playing. If Luiz wasn't playing however, he'd definitely be my second option there.

Also, we went for Romagnoli *before* we signed Luiz. If we signed Romagnoli then I don't see a future for Christensen here tbh.