test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

Loaned Out Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

656 posts in this topic
On 27/03/2017 at 0:43 AM, Yeboii said:

According to reports Chelsea tried to bring him back for months last summer (and last season), but Borussia wouldn't budge out of the 2 year loan deal.
I guess they didn't want to ruin relationships with loan clubs since no one would trust the club and take their loanees. If they start playing well and doing good things for their team Chelsea would just take them back if they want.

Also, Aké can play many positions while Christensen is only a CB. Maybe that was a factor.

I don't think it's even a question of not wanting to damage relationships with other clubs, although that should always be an important consideration. It's a simple fact of contract law. If there is a binding contract, then it's binding unless all parties agree to vary its terms. Gladbach did not agree to release Andreas and the lad did not agree to return. Nothing Chelsea could do in those circumstances.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2017 at 7:49 PM, Special Juan said:

We could of changed the name to Moses a few seasons ago but looked how that's panned out.....The big difference now is the manager.....willing to give people a chance even if they aren't a household name but are working very hard.

 

On 31/03/2017 at 10:16 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

I don't watch European football at all but the best thing about TC is all you young fuckers :) do and and I read and massively respect your opinions. So is Christensen a massive prospect or just another kid destined for Vitesse Arnhem ?. 

I'm exactly the same mate

 

Look guys I kinda agree with most of you and I can understand all the reasons given to choose any of our new CB choices.

But for those of us who want Andreas/Happy/Ake are you selecting them purely because of their youth and history with us?

And for those who would like van Dijk/Bonucci etc etc is it because you want a new shiny expensive player?

My problem is I'm a typical Libran and unless a choice is obvious I cant make my mind up. and it sometimes does my head in.

My question to you all is given that your choice might just change the way our next 2 or 3 seasons goes are you willing to gamble that with your choice?

Whats putting me off Andreas is he sounds like some spoiled diva who has had his ego stroked and everyones blowing smoke up his arse. He thinks we owe him a regular starting spot and you just know he will squeem and squeem till he gets his way. Thats not how a team player sounds to me. We dont hear that Cescy has held his breath till he gets a starting spot

Ive always loved Happy and there was nothing I'd have loved to see more than pairing him with Varane. But I see this injury is still affecting him as it would and I really dont know about the lad now.

So me if I had to risk our next 2 or 3 seasons on a Cahill replacement (which I guess is what we are looking at) I would go with a  complete,ried and tested guy like Bonucci.

Yes I would also more than likely keep Andreas and hope that Conte can get into his head and give him the experience/time so when we have had Bonuccis last years and sold him to China for a profit then we got Andreas all sorted in place.             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomo said:

Cant imagine Butland accepting #2, i think we will go for Muslera. One day i hope a decent PL standard keeper comes out of the academy and his happy to spend his career on the bench for his boyhood club, like Steve Harper at Newcastle.

I was just plugging gaps tbh. Can be anyone.

Tomo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

 

I've underlined those that are on loan that I think should be included into the squad when back. This gives us 8 HG players PLUS 5 academy trained talents, which means we'd meet our 'English' quota for the CL and the FA quite nicely. I hope the club have something like this in the plans. Baker is good enough to be a squad player here IMO. We have to keep hold of our decent talents at least for the CL quota. With that, our squad next season will hopefully look something like this:

Courtois, x, x
Azpi, Luiz, Christensen, Ake, Cahill, Zouma?
Moses, Alonso, x, x
Fabregas, Kante, Chalobah, Baker, x
Hazard, Pedro, Willian, RLC, x
x, x
('x' marks where we'll probably see new players next season).

It's scary but those are the exact eight HG players I have in the fantasy squad in my head. I'd love for Baker to stay. Chelsea boy who at least possesses a specialty, his delivery and attempts from set-pieces. Decent shooting from range as well. But I honestly don't see it happening.

No need for six CBs though. Back-ups won't get a lot game time bar injuries and if you do have an emergency at the back with three CBs out injured, you simply revert to a back four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

It's scary but those are the exact eight HG players I have in the fantasy squad in my head. I'd love for Baker to stay. Chelsea boy who at least possesses a specialty, his delivery and attempts from set-pieces. Decent shooting from range as well. But I honestly don't see it happening.

No need for six CBs though. Back-ups won't get a lot game time bar injuries and if you do have an emergency at the back with three CBs out injured, you simply revert to a back four.

It's why I put a ? on Zouma. He could go out on loan. We'd still have Marcos possibly covering at CB if we needed to. Not a big loss tbh. You're right though - those 8 HG players must stay. I hope the club has been building it up to this.

Chelseabluerising and DYC. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Artandur said:

 

 

I remain hopeful he'll return and become a mainstay. I'd be extremely disappointed if that wasn't the case and wouldn't ever raise my hopes concerning youth players again.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DYC. said:

I remain hopeful he'll return and become a mainstay. I'd be extremely disappointed if that wasn't the case and wouldn't ever raise my hopes concerning youth players again.

If we'd do to him what's happening to Ake at the moment would be tragic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Artandur said:

 

 

Who was it that was worried about whether he'd cope in the PL with challenges? @BlueLyon? The guy is such a clean defender it doesn't matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Who was it that was worried about whether he'd cope in the PL with challenges? @BlueLyon? The guy is such a clean defender it doesn't matter. 

Indeed and I still am. My point was that he is not better in air than Cahill, and we already struggle in set pieces. Meanwhile Luiz and Azpi are atm not replacable. 

For obvious reasons I would never compare Buli and PL when it comes to defenders. Just take example in Boateng. Not saying he is the rule, but there is obvious that doing it well in germany wont mean the same in PL. Now obviously Christensen has plenty of time to develop further, after all Carvalho wasnt buff either. 

But what is more, Christensen never realy impressed me against better teams tbh. Not yet at least. He can be fantastic sometimes, but everytime they faced a better opponent, it ended with poor performance of both, christensen and bmg as whole. 

Generaly I will always prefer old school defenders, more so in such physical league like PL. They are reliable, there is certain guarantee they wont do some stupid shit and will get the job done. Also, players like Terry, Rio, Vidic gave alot more danger in corners, than what Christensen can offer IMO. Stones, Marquinhos, Christensen, Silva, Ramos (Luiz in past) all these modern CBs are doing so many awful mistakes in some games, its not even funny. 

They make nice passes and control the ball realy well for a CB, then suddenly all the hype they are awesome CBs and one of best in the world. Ramos is a joke of defender in so many games, but he replaces that with leadership and goals. Thiago Silva is a joke since he moved to PsG. Marquinhos has fart moments like against barca. And we all know how Stones plays and how Luiz played.

Tbf if Christensen wasnt already ours and a product of youth development, I wouldnt even consider him for Chelsea. I would prefer Dijk any day. 

Christensen right now is good, he gets so much hype because of his smooth ball skills. Wouldnt surprise me if he had same problems Stones has right now. 

But since he is already ours, lets give him a run. Maybe Im horribly wrong and he will turn great. 

I think he can be good defender, dont get me wrong, but just not my type of CB for this league and our current needs. We need powerful, decently skilled and experienced leader type CB if we are about to replace either of our current 3 CBs.

Liuxas and nachikethas like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Indeed and I still am. My point was that he is not better in air than Cahill, and we already struggle in set pieces. Meanwhile Luiz and Azpi are atm not replacable. 

For obvious reasons I would never compare Buli and PL when it comes to defenders. Just take example in Boateng. Not saying he is the rule, but there is obvious that doing it well in germany wont mean the same in PL. Now obviously Christensen has plenty of time to develop further, after all Carvalho wasnt buff either. 

But what is more, Christensen never realy impressed me against better teams tbh. Not yet at least. He can be fantastic sometimes, but everytime they faced a better opponent, it ended with poor performance of both, christensen and bmg as whole. 

Generaly I will always prefer old school defenders, more so in such physical league like PL. They are reliable, there is certain guarantee they wont do some stupid shit and will get the job done. Also, players like Terry, Rio, Vidic gave alot more danger in corners, than what Christensen can offer IMO. Stones, Marquinhos, Christensen, Silva, Ramos (Luiz in past) all these modern CBs are doing so many awful mistakes in some games, its not even funny. 

They make nice passes and control the ball realy well for a CB, then suddenly all the hype they are awesome CBs and one of best in the world. Ramos is a joke of defender in so many games, but he replaces that with leadership and goals. Thiago Silva is a joke since he moved to PsG. Marquinhos has fart moments like against barca. And we all know how Stones plays and how Luiz played.

Tbf if Christensen wasnt already ours and a product of youth development, I wouldnt even consider him for Chelsea. I would prefer Dijk any day. 

Christensen right now is good, he gets so much hype because of his smooth ball skills. Wouldnt surprise me if he had same problems Stones has right now. 

But since he is already ours, lets give him a run. Maybe Im horribly wrong and he will turn great. 

I think he can be good defender, dont get me wrong, but just not my type of CB for this league and our current needs. We need powerful, decently skilled and experienced leader type CB if we are about to replace either of our current 3 CBs.

Christensen is a much better defender than Boateng was at his age. Boateng was a decent prospect but nowhere near as good as Andreas was at his age. He improved significantly under Pep at Bayern. I wouldn't really call him a new school centre back because he has good ball skills. He has a very classy and elegant way of defending, that some old school defenders like Beckenbauer or Maldini for example had too. He wasn't voted BMGs POTY just because he has nice skills on the ball, he's actually a smart defender too. Conte will do wonders with him.

You talk about Cahill being better in the air but that stat proves that it wouldn't be a downgrade per se. The guy will get bigger. He has the right frame already, and will naturally put on more weight in the coming years. Also, Cahill can be quite stupid when it comes to marking in set pieces, as we've seen on numerous occasions in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Eberl said today on TV, that Christensen would like to stay in Gladbach and they're still trying to make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

England >>>>>>>>>> Germany

Top four/five, definitely. Mid table I may give it to Germany. I think the likes of Schalke, Leverkusen and Gladbach are better than Bournemouth, Southampton, etc. Bottom of the table is hard to say. 

King11Didier likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.