Andreas Christensen

Wilson

11 hours ago, The Chels said:

Found the article: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/borussia-moenchengladbach/bietet-18-millionen-fuer-daenen-ass-47039278.bild.html

Can someone translate this paragraph below? Google translate says something about Chelsea being against the sale but then mentions Conte and I don't really understand what it's saying.

It says that chelsea was against the sale for a long time, but conte has come in and wants to buy a new top-class CB from serie A right now, so the club is apparently willing to sell christensen.

8 hours ago, Abreu03 said:

I thought the De Bruyne would serve as an example, apparently that's not what happened.

We have buy putting a buy back clause. 

We can sell as many young players as we want as long as we have this. 

It's actually fine if there's a buy-back clause included. The club gets money to balance the books and the player can focus on his new club and developpement.

Buy-back clause does not guarantee the player will return but it guarantees that the other club will not resist the sale. Besides, not too long ago the player himself said playing as a regular for Chelsea would be a dream.

I like the idea of buy-back clause. If after a few seasons he turns out to be one of the best defenders around we can probably take him back. I he is a failure for other club we should not mind because we already got good amount of money for him.

If the clause would be limited to 2-3 years and we'd have zouma and koulibaly in full force at that point, i dont see him wanting to come back, though... 

That is, if we manage to sign koulibaly<_<

This is beyond stupid. He's at the very least at the same level as our other CBs, only considerably younger. Pay the penalty in the loan contract, bring him back, put him straight in the team. 

This is like when we refused to give Bertrand a chance when we had no one else at LB and and have been stuck since then with Azpi on the left and Iva on the right while Bertrand makes it into the EPL team of the year. Except this time Christensen has A LOT more potential and we'll probably end up with Mikel being moved permanently to CB! 

Selling him permanently right now regardless of any clause would be questionable at this point. Zouma, Cahill, Terry (probably last yr) and hopefully Koulibaly will be our CB options, so there is no doubt he could & should be part of the equation next season at the latest.

A few million isn't worth the hassle.

I just think this sends the wrong message.  There are plenty of other players that could or should be sold to raise money before we think of selling one of our better prospects.

Edited by kc_blue
clarity

I can add, Eberl (sporting director of Borussia) asked on twitter about Christensen a few days ago said that CFC and BMG are in good touch and German club definitely has a chance to sign him on permanent deal.