Andreas Christensen

Wilson

If we can buy Stones we should definitely be looking there. I would say then keep JT for another and let Christensen develop further, then bring him back and have a CB quartet of the above (in Tomo's post). That'd be excellent.

kalas is awesome, nothing wrong with him, just hasn't had as much luck as others.

What luck would that be? Sent to Koln, didn't get a game, sent to Boro, pushed out to fullback because Karanka preffered the other CBS.

He's no where near Chelsea standard.

What luck would that be? Sent to Koln, didn't get a game, sent to Boro, pushed out to fullback because Karanka preffered the other CBS.

He's no where near Chelsea standard.

Breaking his leg before the season , the clubs moronic decision to send him to koln

If we can buy Stones we should definitely be looking there. I would say then keep JT for another and let Christensen develop further, then bring him back and have a CB quartet of the above (in Tomo's post). That'd be excellent.

Dare we dream?

Stones, Zouma, Cahill and Christensen.

Kalas isn't good enough.

4 proper CBs are overkill specially under jose. we all know one of them will rot on the bench and wont get any chance to play at all.

4 proper CBs are overkill specially under jose. we all know one of them will rot on the bench and wont get any chance to play at all.

Stones and Zouma can play RB, those four (assuming the three young uns reach their potential) will be almost like having JT, Carvalho, Gallas and Huth again.

Stones and Zouma can play RB, those four (assuming the three young uns reach their potential) will be almost like having JT, Carvalho, Gallas and Huth again.

By "play" you mean be a physical object in the RB position, right? Because playing either as RB takes away all their strenghts and harms the team immensely both going forward and defending that side.

JT will be a starter here for at least the next 2 years, with an athlete of Zouma's calibre next to him he doesn't need much pace at all, and that will be our 1st choice pairing simply because we fall apart whenever he doesn't play.

JT will be a starter here for at least the next 2 years, with an athlete of Zouma's calibre next to him he doesn't need much pace at all, and that will be our 1st choice pairing simply because we fall apart whenever he doesn't play.

It's a bold assumption to make.

I would hope well before then we would have found another stable CB to carry this defence with Zouma. Relying on the fitness and sharpness of a 37 year old will be ludicrous

Edit: I really hope that was sarcasm :lol:

I would hope well before then we would have found another stable CB to carry this defence with Zouma. Relying on the fitness and sharpness of a 37 year old will be ludicrous

We've already found that CB in Christensen...now we just have to be patient and see if he develops like Courtois did

£5 TC donation says I'm right. Look how shambolic our defense is even when a seasoned CB like Cahill plays. A mere stable CB is not good enough.

Totti is still around and he's nearly 40. Once you get over losing your legs age becomes far less relevant, and since JT's always had the acceleration of a double decker bus it makes little difference.

Totti is still around and he's nearly 40.

the reason totti is playing near his 40's cause the serie A is slower football the PL is much faster football than the serie A JT doesn't have the legs for the PL no more ill be very surprise if JT still at chelsea next season he will end up in america like lampard and gerarrd

the reason totti is playing near his 40's cause the serie A is slower football the PL is much faster football than the serie A JT doesn't have the legs for the PL no more ill be very surprise if JT still at chelsea next season he will end up in america like lampard and gerarrd

In my opinion as a CB and with somebody like Zouma next to him it's a negligible factor. We'll see, I expect Iva to be the one to give way for Christensen and not JT.