Andreas Christensen

Wilson

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christensen was quite solid yesterday against PAOK but he was missing precisely that attribute Sarri seems to rate so highly in David Luiz – his forward passes were nearly nonexistent. He has to improve in that aspect or else Ampadu might actually go past him in the pecking order

11 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Christensen was quite solid yesterday against PAOK but he was missing precisely that attribute Sarri seems to rate so highly in David Luiz – his forward passes were nearly nonexistent. He has to improve in that aspect or else Ampadu might actually go past him in the pecking order

I think he was outstanding though in his main job, that of a rock at the CB position. My wife and I were so much calmer with AC back that than Luiz. Also, AC had to be shaking off a lot of rust. he has barely played this year so far.

Also, he was quick and decisive with his short passing game. I do admit he did no long bombs like Luiz can,at times,conjure up, but I thought Ac was great in helping Jorginho set up the offence quickly after a turnover.

I can see why you said what you did, but if you reversed roles (Luiz popping in with literally NO playing time so), could you have said he would have had anywhere near the game AC had? I, personally think zero chance of that.

I do think Ampadu is a special talent.

Potentially better than almost anyone on the team,save Eden, Kante and Jorginho (I always leave GK out of this, but I will also say that I am 97.5% sure Kepa will eventually be a top 4 or so GK in world as well)

That said, is CB his ultimate ending spot?Maybe, BUT, I do think, that in the back of Sarri's head, he maybe, maybe looks at Ampadu as a MF'er. He is almost TEN YEARS younger than Kante, lolol. Maybe he is Kovacic insurance (if Real FUCKS us and wont sell, which, after Eden not renewing is my greatest fear).I am not sure if Amps is a Kova type, I see him more as a DMF, but who knows.

I think we all can safely say that we (Chelsea) have by far the most complicated squad out of the big 15 teams in Europe. Manure being 2nd (a LOT of that is on Mo!) I do not rate Arsenal top 15, they are lucky to be top 20 atm.

We have so so many crazy, huge issues coming up, between Roman's ownership/political/visa issues, the new stadium (because of that) being on hold, the 2 nightmare contract renewal issues (Eden and CHO), Brexit possibly fucking us on our Euro players being treated as foreign, the increased UK-born quota maybe going UP, FIFA limiting loan army to EIGHT, when we have fucking 40, and an insane amount of deadweight that needs to be sold, with younger, spectacular players replacing them, and then (related) the cray cray supposed offers of extending Luiz and Willian until they are 34 or older (arghhhh).

Good thing Sarri doesn't have Conte length hair, he may be pulling it out this time next fall (of 2019).

• 3 weeks later...

Andreas Christensen confirms he’s got problems at Chelsea

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/andreas-christensen-confirms-hes-got-problems-at-chelsea/

If last year was a breakout season for Andreas Christensen at Chelsea, this year had seen a major regression for the Danish defender.

Christensen, 22, was a regular starter for Antonio Conte.

He played 40 matches for Chelsea last term, and Christensen was voted Chelsea’s young player of the season.

However Maurizio Sarri has yet to start Christensen in a Premier League match this season.

Moreover, Christensen hasn’t even been brought off the bench by Sarri in a league game.

So far this year, Christensen has only made three appearances for the Blues.

He’s featured in Chelsea’s two Europa League matches and in the Carabao Cup.

Christensen confirms he’s unhappy Chelsea......  

Snip

Christensen annoyed, running out of patience sitting on Chelsea bench

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/10/9/17954562/christensen-annoyed-running-out-of-patience-sitting-on-chelsea-bench

Andreas Christensen, as usual, has been called up by Denmark for their upcoming matches against Republic of Ireland and Austria. He’s become a steady feature in the team, as much in defensive midfield as in defense, and yet he is still the second youngest player in manager’s Åge Hareide’s squad, with 20 caps to his name already at age 22. With almost 150 appearances in senior professional football, including 22 games in Europe, and 40 appearances under Conte last season, surely there’s plenty of things to be happy about.

Well, not so fast. All is not well in the house of Christensen. Some might even say that something’s rotten, and The Danish Prince is getting very annoyed.

“I had looked forward to getting our new manager. We play really good football, explosively and offensively all you can wish for. So that’s great, but it’s really annoying that I’m not on the pitch when it happens.”

It was only natural that as soon as Christensen was facing the Danish media, he’d be asked about his relative lack of playing time at Chelsea — 0 minutes in the Premier League, 3 starts (250 minutes) in the other competitions. After all, he played a ton of minutes last season and appeared to break the long-standing curse of no Academy player coming through the (loan) system and into the first-team. He was the chosen one (not to be confused with The CHO-sen One), the new John Terry, the successor to David Luiz.

Snip

Christensen:

“It has been a hard season. To be honest, it has been very difficult.

“I cannot stand to have so much patience again. Now I’m 22 years old and I really want to play. In the last three seasons, I’ve played full of the teams I’ve been on, so it’s clear that I do not see myself staying if my current situation is also true in the future.

“It’s too early to talk about when to change if I’m going to change. But it is clear that it is not a good situation for me.

“It has been difficult to get into the team, and when we get the good results that we currently do, it will only be even harder. It’s a gift for the team, but for me personally it has been a hard start of the season.”

Yeah he has had 250mins to impress this season and improve, alas hasnt done enough to shift Rudiger or Luiz , think if he puts his head down and works harder, changes his attitude he may have more chances of making the starting slot his ,if not yikes 

13 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Does he not understand that Luiz is 32 years old so naturally he won't be able to continue at this level, in the starting lineup, for much longer?

He knows we will buy new centre back if Luiz can't do it anymore.

22 hours ago, Vesper said:

Christensen annoyed, running out of patience sitting on Chelsea bench

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/10/9/17954562/christensen-annoyed-running-out-of-patience-sitting-on-chelsea-bench

Andreas Christensen, as usual, has been called up by Denmark for their upcoming matches against Republic of Ireland and Austria. He’s become a steady feature in the team, as much in defensive midfield as in defense, and yet he is still the second youngest player in manager’s Åge Hareide’s squad, with 20 caps to his name already at age 22. With almost 150 appearances in senior professional football, including 22 games in Europe, and 40 appearances under Conte last season, surely there’s plenty of things to be happy about.

Well, not so fast. All is not well in the house of Christensen. Some might even say that something’s rotten, and The Danish Prince is getting very annoyed.

“I had looked forward to getting our new manager. We play really good football, explosively and offensively all you can wish for. So that’s great, but it’s really annoying that I’m not on the pitch when it happens.”

It was only natural that as soon as Christensen was facing the Danish media, he’d be asked about his relative lack of playing time at Chelsea — 0 minutes in the Premier League, 3 starts (250 minutes) in the other competitions. After all, he played a ton of minutes last season and appeared to break the long-standing curse of no Academy player coming through the (loan) system and into the first-team. He was the chosen one (not to be confused with The CHO-sen One), the new John Terry, the successor to David Luiz.

Snip

After that shocking back pass to set up  Sturridge in the league cup no wonder he's sitting on the bench 

I want him to stay, but he has to face up to the facts that he's been our 4th best CB so far this season.  He's currently a back up to a 31 year old who missed most of last season with a knee injury.  We play City in December so Aguero is sure to try to injure him (Luiz) again.  He'll get his chances.  But, when he gets them, he's going to have to do more than he has so far.

16 hours ago, the wes said:

After that shocking back pass to set up  Sturridge in the league cup no wonder he's sitting on the bench 

No clue what you are talking about, AC had nothing to do with that goal. Cesc fucked about clearing it, then Azpi gave the ball back right before Sturridge scored off the rebound from Caballero's block.

Doubt me, look at it right here

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/09/26/liverpool-vs-chelsea-highlights-full-match/#3

the sequence starts at around 57 minutes and 20 secs on the game clock

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

No clue what you are talking about, AC had nothing to do with that goal. Cesc fucked about clearing it, then Azpi gave the ball back right before Sturridge scored off the rebound from Caballero's block.

Doubt me, look at it right here

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/09/26/liverpool-vs-chelsea-highlights-full-match/#3

the sequence starts at around 57 minutes and 20 secs on the game clock

He's not talking about the goal Sturridge scored. Watch the second half 45 minutes 15 seconds.

33 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

He's not talking about the goal Sturridge scored. Watch the second half 45 minutes 15 seconds.

Ahhh, the start of the 2nd. I half misread and thought of the goal. Yes, that was a horrific play by AC, Luizianly brain dead. Luck boy he was that Sturridge some how bolloxed it up.

I think some of it has to do with rustiness from lack of playing time. I also can see him demanding a transfer. If he isnt going to play, I cannot fault him.

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Aguero is a fucking cunt, great player, but a massive prick, its about time he gets whats coming to him

Yeah.  I wanted to keep Chalobah if only for the spirit he showed in that whole thing the last time.  He was the first to come over and get involved.  I don't know how he keeps getting away with it.  I don't normally wish injury upon any players but I wouldn't really shed a tear for Aguero.  He's got it coming.