Andreas Christensen

Wilson

The problem isn't with this kid, the problem is Conte's constant ability to drop Rudiger for that fucking donkey Cahill.

Let's hope that has sunk in now, because quite frankly I do not want to see Cahill start another game for us, he's fucking rubbish.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The problem isn't with this kid, the problem is Conte's constant ability to drop Rudiger for that fucking donkey Cahill.

Let's hope that has sunk in now, because quite frankly I do not want to see Cahill start another game for us, he's fucking rubbish.

Says a lot about Cahill that even with Conte not playing him half of the time, no one has said anything in the media. No reaction. No nothing. Huge contrast to when Benitez refused to play Terry.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Says a lot about Cahill that even with Conte not playing him half of the time, no one has said anything in the media. No reaction. No nothing. Huge contrast to when Benitez refused to play Terry.

Terry was in a different league - and Cahill's mentor. The media have been banging on for a while that his shit form has cost him his Ingerland place. But Conte continues to start him for 'big' games. Mental.

24 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Terry was in a different league - and Cahill's mentor. The media have been banging on for a while that his shit form has cost him his Ingerland place. But Conte continues to start him for 'big' games. Mental.

You are right there but the point I was trying to make is that they captained Chelsea (captain in Cahill's case) but one player drew far more reaction than the other after being dropped by the manager. Given Conte's dodgy team selections this season, I'm not 100% sure if he's had enough with Cahill. His CB selections in the upcoming big games will be telling.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are right there but the point I was trying to make is that they captained Chelsea (captain in Cahill's case) but one player drew far more reaction than the other after being dropped by the manager. Given Conte's dodgy team selections this season, I'm not 100% sure if he's had enough with Cahill. His CB selections in the upcoming big games will be telling.

Wouldn't be surprised if Conte picks him for one of the Manc games. Christensen is more solid, youth on his side, but both highlight what a National treasure Terry was/is.

Gotta say 1st I love Air Conditioning. Hopefully hes going to be with us a very long time. But I was suprized to be honest how nervous he was from the get go. It as the 1st time I had seen him show any signs of nervousness. But he will shake that game off quick enough. But its for lads like him and Ethan that I really wish JT was still here. Its for these young transition players we need to use our old guard. For training,confidence and holding the changing room together. Cause lets face it we dont SEEM to have a really strong character that can go in at half time and say some home truths then build them back up again.

Cahill to me has never been a captain and now hes taken Ivans place as the dead weight who was always selected for some unknown reason.

We still need that spot filled as I cant feel Rudi there. Someone with a bite who the offence will think twice about going near him but still good enough with the ball at his feet. Yeah I know theres a load of them for sale eh!

I wonder what will happen with Happy in the summer. Thougt he was  OK today.

He has been very good this season, but I think there are still some areas where he could improve. Physically he has to grow some muscle, because he tends to get bullied by big strikers. That wasn´t a big problem in Germany, but in England the game is much more physical so he should hit the gym more often. He should have never lay on the floor like this before their first goal, because he won´t get that call from the referee, especially not at Old Trafford. Then he also has to command his area better. Our defence looks very shaky and with him at the heart of our defensive line he should be more communicative at times so he can sort some problems at the back out. He is a shy guy, but I believe he could take some advice from the likes of Terry for example. 

13 minutes ago, Beigl said:

He has been very good this season, but I think there are still some areas where he could improve. Physically he has to grow some muscle, because he tends to get bullied by big strikers. That wasn´t a big problem in Germany, but in England the game is much more physical so he should hit the gym more often. He should have never lay on the floor like this before their first goal, because he won´t get that call from the referee, especially not at Old Trafford. Then he also has to command his area better. Our defence looks very shaky and with him at the heart of our defensive line he should be more communicative at times so he can sort some problems at the back out. He is a shy guy, but I believe he could take some advice from the likes of Terry for example. 

Yeah totally agree. I think at times too, in the other games, he just looked as if he oozes confidence and maybe got a bit overconfident or complacent at times, sometimes with his decisions to pass instead of maybe just clear it, although 99/100 times he is spot on with his decisions and maybe its only come to conceding a throw in or a corner but like we seen vs Barca, eventually against a bigger side something will happen. He doesn't take as many risks as Luiz and is 10 times the defender in my eyes but hes still got a bit to learn, game management, communication (although I think hes been pretty impressive in that regard a lot for somebody so young in a back 3 with guys who have maybe 200-300 more career games than he does). For me hes been one of our stand out players and will be captain here one day (unless we fuck that up) but few moments like this at his age, with a manager like Conte, who will do what he did after the Barcelona game, back him up and talk him up, wont hurt his development at all. John Stones at Man City, another guy who struggled big time last year under Pep but was always actively encouraging him to do what he was doing, talked him up at every chance, looks 10 times the player he was the season before. Still think Christensen will be a better player than him too and perhaps already is but thats another debate for another day. Its a shame though, because like when you play in goals, when you make a mistake as a CB it more than likely causes a goal. 

A great technique, cool with the ball in his feat but still he costs us points, again. Second goal was his mistake too. Was totally out of position before realized he covers nobody. 
That's the problem with him being in the middle

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
11 minutes ago, zekinjo said:
A great technique, cool with the ball in his feat but still he costs us points, again. Second goal was his mistake too. Was totally out of position before realized he covers nobody. 

That's the problem with him being in the middle

I hope we ditch playing with three CB'S next season 

20 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

To be honest, I would question Drinkwater more than Christensen for the second goal. I know he had to defend the edge of the penalty area, but he just let Lingard go and pass the responsibility to Christensen when United were right in the middle of a dangerous attack.