Andreas Christensen

Wilson

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He will be a Chelsea captain one day, surely?

It's up to him. If he can prove himself and shows leadership, then why not. For example Eddie Newton praised him to the skies and has backed him to follow JT's path.

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

It's up to him. If he can prove himself and shows leadership, then why not. For example Eddie Newton praised him to the skies and has backed him to follow JT's path.

I would say hes shown great leadership and understanding, you see him constantly pointing to Rudiger or Azpi to tell them to watch for players/go a bit wider for the ball and hes always talking in games, you can see that when we don't have the ball he talks to those two guys outside him. I think he will go down the same route as JT as well. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He seems like a JT without the laddish character. I see that hes quite animated on the pitch seeing moves coming and informing players. I dont know hat hes like off the field but ut seems hes got the respect of the older players.

Having him with Dave means we have 2 excellent lads on our back line that could be together maybe another 6 years. We have always had a strong backline and we just need a similar ballance over on the left and then at least we could have one section sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sad to see but maybe, just maybe we will now see Rudiger in for a stretch of games, you kow like Bakayoko keeps getting? Yeah, that would be nice.

I'd rather see Luiz straight back in if he's recovered. I think after Christensen it has to be either Luiz or it might as well be Ampadu. Cahill is Cahill and I'm not entirely convinced by Rudiger playing in the center.

This is from The Guardian a very worrying stat.

Resources have apparently been stretched to breaking point, with Andreas Christensen’s the seventh hamstring injury of a campaign that has crammed in 40 games by the end of January (compared with 28 last term).

On 2/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

This is from The Guardian a very worrying stat.

Resources have apparently been stretched to breaking point, with Andreas Christensen’s the seventh hamstring injury of a campaign that has crammed in 40 games by the end of January (compared with 28 last term).

any word as to when he might be coming back?

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Genuinely can't defend without him. Shocking.

This speaks volumes. Andreas deserves every single praise he gets. I believe he is comfortably (and technically) the signing of the season. None of the other 8 could surpass him in terms of importance imo.