Andreas Christensen

Wilson

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Please provide proof he’s lazy. Improve in what exactly? You’re acting like Martial is some 16 year old just breaking through for the academy :lol:.

I’m not sure how saying Mourinho is rubbish at developing young (attacking especially) players equates to me saying that Martial shouldn’t do stuff off the ball. 

Edit:

This is quite timely.  

As if Pogba would go on a 'televised' interview for MUTV and say anything negative about one of his team-mates. 

Every man and his dog knows Martial's attacking qualities, we saw that Monaco, we saw him being touted as the next Henry for a reason...but right now with Mourinho as his boss, he needs to put in a shift on the defensive end or bide his time and play the super-sub role. 

This whole situation is similar to Real Madrid and Benzema.  In more than one press conference after Higuain got injured, Mourinho said: " If I can't hunt with a dog, I will hunt with a cat"....then later on Benzema said: "Mourinho called me a cat to motivate me to fight for the team, to make me more aggressive, to let out the anger inside of me"

16 hours ago, Yeboii said:

That is ridiculous!

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Wait, what? I though he's their second best player

TBH. They have been doing quite well despite him not playing. Their manager said their current CB pairing work very well but has challenged him to learn a new position to break in the team. Possibly DM, I am thinking.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Good for us if he's not playing for Denmark.

I would not have mind him playing, to build up playing momentum. Not as if he is playing week, in week out for us.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

I would not have mind him playing, to build up playing momentum. Not as if he is playing week, in week out for us.

He has hardly been playing every week and yet, he has been able to maintain his performance level. More concerned of any potential fatigue. The less he plays for the national team, the better it will be for us. We'll be playing every 3-4 days starting next weekend up till January.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Andreas Bjelland, Brentford CB, those 2 must seriously work if they are keeping Christensen out.

Brentford? Surely AC will have to break into that partnership soon, especially if he breaks into the first team here. But then again some international manager are really weird. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Brentford? Surely AC will have to break into that partnership soon, especially if he breaks into the first team here. But then again some international manager are really weird. 

I think if he plays every week here he will eventually. I don’t think on an international stage it’s particularly correct to pick guys who play every two or three weeks ahead of guys playing every week, trust me I’ve seen years of Scotland playing guys who hardly ever played because they we’re at bigger clubs, it’s nonsense and 9/10 doesn’t work because they lack the match rhythm of somebody playing every week. I’m sure when he was at Mochengladbach he was a regular for Denmark. It will come. He has huge potential, anybody would have to be a fool to say otherwise but I think he needs to play every week (can’t be far off it now) to become a mainstay in the NT.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think if he plays every week here he will eventually. I don’t think on an international stage it’s particularly correct to pick guys who play every two or three weeks ahead of guys playing every week, trust me I’ve seen years of Scotland playing guys who hardly ever played because they we’re at bigger clubs, it’s nonsense and 9/10 doesn’t work because they lack the match rhythm of somebody playing every week. I’m sure when he was at Mochengladbach he was a regular for Denmark. It will come. He has huge potential, anybody would have to be a fool to say otherwise but I think he needs to play every week (can’t be far off it now) to become a mainstay in the NT.

That's exactly the case. Denmark coach prefers players who play regularly for their clubs and said that he won't play some players only because they are at big clubs.
Although Christensen actually started playing more frequently now, he is still on their bench. I don't mind that though, it might be good on one side as he is getting more play time, but on other side I'm not worried about injuries and he won't be tired when he comes back.
The fella from Brentford should be really solid defender though, he keeps the likes of the already mentioned AC, Zanka from Huddersfield and Vestergaard from B.Monchengladbach on the bench :D

Hopefully Denmark phase out some key players, fully integrate Christensen and make him captain. Our very best years domestically came when we had more than a handful of international captains as our players. More likely Eriksen though, who exudes 0 leadership.