Andreas Christensen

Wilson

3 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Reminds me of Gunnar Nelson, the UFC fighter.

Calm, underrated, Nordic etc...

Interesting you brought up the Nordic connection, Eidur was also known as the "Iceman" here. But it wasn't only just because he was from Iceland. :cig:

3 hours ago, zakhov said:

I'm pretty sure his blood pressure rate is a flat line during matches.
So calm and collected even under pressure. The exact opposite of Cahill. :P

Sounds like the perfect player for Guardiola. Hope he signs an extension soon. I know he still has 2 years left but in the past there were rumours he wanted to stay in Germany.

Always seems to have a pass up his sleeve when he's under pressure, honestly I think he is the best CB we have speaking in terms of using the ball. Sure Luiz is great on it too but think Andreas is better with it. Very impressed 

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Could Luiz pull off being an outside CB? If Andreas carries on like this then he has to start but he's not as effective on the outside positions.

Azpi - AC - Luiz maybe? I think AC can comfortably play as a RCB as well... they could all interchange depending on match ups etc.

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Azpi - AC - Luiz maybe? I think AC can comfortably play as a RCB as well... they could all interchange depending on match ups etc.

Andreas isn't very fast which could be an issue as an outside CB, but even if he had the pace i think he's so tailor made for the middle he'd be wasted there. Awesome problem to have though.

Andreas is a great player. If he stays patient with us and the game time he's getting right now, he'll be a guaranteed starter in 1-2 years. We have to remember that David is 30.

God bless being in four competitions. Rotation when we have such quality options at CB feels so nice. Everyone is getting playtime and everyone is developing while having the hunger to establish themselves in the starting XI.

Like John Stones except really good! :D

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Could Luiz pull off being an outside CB? If Andreas carries on like this then he has to start but he's not as effective on the outside positions.

Problem with Luiz playing other than central is that he starts getting forward more which is where he can sometimes lose his head and then you get the things like the Arsenal sending off...

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Andreas isn't very fast which could be an issue as an outside CB, but even if he had the pace i think he's so tailor made for the middle he'd be wasted there. Awesome problem to have though.

He may not be fast but he definitely isn't a slouch either. He has decent enough pace, especially for a CB.

I am honestly in awe of how he has developed. I remember his first game against Bayern, they lost 3-0 i think, and he looked lost on the pitch, you could clearly see how nervous he was. To see him playing with the confidence and calmness that he has now is absolutely incredible. I knew he had potential, but i never knew he was this fucking good, and he is just 21 years old!

We genuinely have our next captain now, and better yet, he is OUR player, he came from OUR youth team, and he is THE best young CB in the world, which just speaks volume about the level of players we are creating there.

He needs to be a permanent starter, not next year, not in January, but NOW, he is ready, i am sure of that.