Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Didn't look over-awed or out-of-place at all yesterday. Uncomfortable at times but that's because, effectively, he's with a new team and playing with new team-mates, possibly also in a new system (I don't know, I don't watch the Bundesliga as it's even more boring than the La Liga snoozefest). Definite potential, let's hope Cahill's out for 3 games so we get a proper look at the lad :D 

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

we'll see, ake played a blinder vs spurs, and didnt get another look in

That was a one-off cup game(even Bats started that game) and Cahill was more or less rested for that game. Christiansen has a run-in of games no doubt after this performance.

Cahill only has himself to blame if he permanently loses his spot from here on..

41 minutes ago, zakhov said:

That was a one-off cup game(even Bats started that game) and Cahill was more or less rested for that game. Christiansen has a run-in of games no doubt after this performance.

Cahill only has himself to blame if he permanently loses his spot from here on..

Good point. But does he start over rudiger, azpi or luiz?

7 minutes ago, lucio said:

Good point. But does he start over rudiger, azpi or luiz?

Rudiger I would think. But if the opposition is threat when it comes to set pieces (like Spurs), we'll need a tall back three.

I wouldn't mind Azpi going back to RWB, Moses seems to be out of sorts at the moment.

Azpi, Luiz, AC, Rudiger and Alonso won't be a bad option for certain type of games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Solid performance from him, it's nice to know we have him as back-up and is ready to play on high level. He is also the future, Luiz is 30 years old, if Andreas has enough patience I can see him being vital player for Chelsea in the coming years. :)