Andreas Christensen

Wilson

I don't watch European football at all but the best thing about TC is all you young fuckers :) do and and I read and massively respect your opinions. So is Christensen a massive prospect or just another kid destined for Vitesse Arnhem ?. 

10 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I don't watch European football at all but the best thing about TC is all you young fuckers :) do and and I read and massively respect your opinions. So is Christensen a massive prospect or just another kid destined for Vitesse Arnhem ?. 

I would say he is a massive prospect. To be widely recognized as one of the top CBs in the bundesliga at the tender age if 21 is quite an impressive feat.

1 hour ago, Mufassir08 said:

I would say he is a massive prospect. To be widely recognized as one of the top CBs in the bundesliga at the tender age if 21 is quite an impressive feat.

He also won Gladbach's player of the year last season. A season where they finished 4th and he was only 19 years old for majority of games he played last season. Top prospect. Glad to see it looks like he is back here next season.

58 minutes ago, Stats said:

He also won Gladbach's player of the year last season. A season where they finished 4th and he was only 19 years old for majority of games he played last season. Top prospect. Glad to see it looks like he is back here next season.

If we do sign Van Dijk as it's being speculated right now, How do you think that'll affect the mindset and development of Andreas? He' certainly won't be first choice so it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the situation. 

59 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

If we do sign Van Dijk as it's being speculated right now, How do you think that'll affect the mindset and development of Andreas? He' certainly won't be first choice so it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the situation. 

TBH, I think Van Dijk will go Man City. They will pay big for him whilse I don't see Conte spending the same amount of money City are prepared to pay, because they need him a lot more. However if we do sign him, Terry will surely go then there will be a lot of competition and we may well unfortunately go out on loan or sold again. That is a worse case scenario though. Christensen has got too much quality and we already refused offers from Gladbach to take him permanently so that shows we really rate him.And come next season he may just force his way into the team. However I expect to see him return for pre-season and he will judge his competition and if we buy another CB and he don't get game time, he prob will choose to leave.

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If we sign Van Dijk, Ake or Zouma, or both, are going on loan or will be sold imo.

I could see a deal taking place which would see Ake go either on loan or permanently to Soton to replace the departing Virgil. 

On 27/03/2017 at 0:43 AM, Yeboii said:

According to reports Chelsea tried to bring him back for months last summer (and last season), but Borussia wouldn't budge out of the 2 year loan deal.
I guess they didn't want to ruin relationships with loan clubs since no one would trust the club and take their loanees. If they start playing well and doing good things for their team Chelsea would just take them back if they want.

Also, Aké can play many positions while Christensen is only a CB. Maybe that was a factor.

I don't think it's even a question of not wanting to damage relationships with other clubs, although that should always be an important consideration. It's a simple fact of contract law. If there is a binding contract, then it's binding unless all parties agree to vary its terms. Gladbach did not agree to release Andreas and the lad did not agree to return. Nothing Chelsea could do in those circumstances.

On 27/03/2017 at 7:49 PM, Special Juan said:

We could of changed the name to Moses a few seasons ago but looked how that's panned out.....The big difference now is the manager.....willing to give people a chance even if they aren't a household name but are working very hard.

On 31/03/2017 at 10:16 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm exactly the same mate

Look guys I kinda agree with most of you and I can understand all the reasons given to choose any of our new CB choices.

But for those of us who want Andreas/Happy/Ake are you selecting them purely because of their youth and history with us?

And for those who would like van Dijk/Bonucci etc etc is it because you want a new shiny expensive player?

My problem is I'm a typical Libran and unless a choice is obvious I cant make my mind up. and it sometimes does my head in.

My question to you all is given that your choice might just change the way our next 2 or 3 seasons goes are you willing to gamble that with your choice?

Whats putting me off Andreas is he sounds like some spoiled diva who has had his ego stroked and everyones blowing smoke up his arse. He thinks we owe him a regular starting spot and you just know he will squeem and squeem till he gets his way. Thats not how a team player sounds to me. We dont hear that Cescy has held his breath till he gets a starting spot

Ive always loved Happy and there was nothing I'd have loved to see more than pairing him with Varane. But I see this injury is still affecting him as it would and I really dont know about the lad now.

So me if I had to risk our next 2 or 3 seasons on a Cahill replacement (which I guess is what we are looking at) I would go with a  complete,ried and tested guy like Bonucci.

Yes I would also more than likely keep Andreas and hope that Conte can get into his head and give him the experience/time so when we have had Bonuccis last years and sold him to China for a profit then we got Andreas all sorted in place.             

Just now, Tomo said:

Cant imagine Butland accepting #2, i think we will go for Muslera. One day i hope a decent PL standard keeper comes out of the academy and his happy to spend his career on the bench for his boyhood club, like Steve Harper at Newcastle.

I was just plugging gaps tbh. Can be anyone.

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I've underlined those that are on loan that I think should be included into the squad when back. This gives us 8 HG players PLUS 5 academy trained talents, which means we'd meet our 'English' quota for the CL and the FA quite nicely. I hope the club have something like this in the plans. Baker is good enough to be a squad player here IMO. We have to keep hold of our decent talents at least for the CL quota. With that, our squad next season will hopefully look something like this:

Courtois, x, x
Azpi, Luiz, Christensen, Ake, Cahill, Zouma?
Moses, Alonso, x, x
Fabregas, Kante, Chalobah, Baker, x
Hazard, Pedro, Willian, RLC, x
x, x
('x' marks where we'll probably see new players next season).

It's scary but those are the exact eight HG players I have in the fantasy squad in my head. I'd love for Baker to stay. Chelsea boy who at least possesses a specialty, his delivery and attempts from set-pieces. Decent shooting from range as well. But I honestly don't see it happening.

No need for six CBs though. Back-ups won't get a lot game time bar injuries and if you do have an emergency at the back with three CBs out injured, you simply revert to a back four.

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

It's scary but those are the exact eight HG players I have in the fantasy squad in my head. I'd love for Baker to stay. Chelsea boy who at least possesses a specialty, his delivery and attempts from set-pieces. Decent shooting from range as well. But I honestly don't see it happening.

No need for six CBs though. Back-ups won't get a lot game time bar injuries and if you do have an emergency at the back with three CBs out injured, you simply revert to a back four.

It's why I put a ? on Zouma. He could go out on loan. We'd still have Marcos possibly covering at CB if we needed to. Not a big loss tbh. You're right though - those 8 HG players must stay. I hope the club has been building it up to this.