Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Surprising most here claimed RLC and Christensen were overrated before the season. But both are very promising. Saw him today and in midweek, very impressed with his calmness and ability on the ball. Reads the game very well for his age.

Two years in Germany and hopefully he comes back like Tibo.

Definitely one of the best Gladbach players in last 10 days (4 matches). Today performance from him was class.

Good to hear. He struggled big time in their first game of the season against Dortmund and lost his place. Must of been a big confidence knock for him but has recovered well and earned his place back in the team. Gladbach have won their last 3 on the trot which Christensen has been a part of including keeping a clean sheet yesterday against one of the best attacks in the Bundesliga in Wolfsburg. Well played Christensen.

He is bad currently. He had 1 or 2 ok games but many wanted him out at early season. Let him develope there

But he played next to Marvin Schulz (20 year old DM from 2nd team) and Roel Brouwers (pensioner), it couldn't look good.

Christensen got a serious partner (Dominguez) and immediately he started to play better. And Andreas is only 19, I know he'll make mistakes but I like his confidence and style of play.

I see in him a huge potential. Kramer also came as no-name and two years later he played in WC final. Hope Christensen history will be similar.

Surprising most here claimed RLC and Christensen were overrated before the season. But both are very promising. Saw him today and in midweek, very impressed with his calmness and ability on the ball. Reads the game very well for his age.

Two years in Germany and hopefully he comes back like Tibo.

Yeah this is big. For a player to jump from youth football to top level football like this is impressive. Boga has been experiencing a much tougher time.

If none out of Christensen, RLC, Musonda, Boga, Solanke make it here, no one will. You'd think at least three have a genuine shot.

Yeah this is big. For a player to jump from youth football to top level football like this is impressive. Boga has been experiencing a much tougher time.

If none out of Christensen, RLC, Musonda, Boga, Solanke make it here, no one will. You'd think at least three have a genuine shot.

i remember when i was so NAIVE!!! good times!!

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Christensen was great against Frankfurt in their 5-1 win. As someone said above, this is a golden generation of youth players coming up - at least 4 should make the jump fully, maybe a couple more will end up being bench boys</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Musonda is out due to the fact that he's got on the bad side of management. His fate is his own making</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Solanke, imo, will definitely have a look in at the expense of Falcao and or Remy - I expect both to go at the end of the season, a senior player brought in - (someone like Ibra) and then Solanke comes in too to be integrated.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>RLC is crossing the bridge now. 45 minutes at the age of 19 is fantastic in a team full of superstars. And he will probably play 90 against Kiev.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Christensen might be given his chance depending on whether we buy and the overall state of defense at the end of the season (ie if Terry retires, returns to form, or becomes a player-coach). He is the epitome of a ball playing centreback and is very, very similar to Stones. He plays for Denmark's first team already. However I'd expect that we would not see Zouma-Christensen next season - I remember when Cahill-Zouma were playing against I think Palace and neither of them went for the ball and allowed the striker a free header. Zouma still needs Terry next to him to stop such mistakes, he is still learning. So therefore were Christensen to stay I reckon we'd see 2 pairings - Terry and Zouma (so Terry's lack of pace can be compensated for) and then Cahill and Christensen.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Colkett is another prospect I'm highly excited about. He reminds me of the good bits of Fabregas but with more defensive ability, and can recycle the ball very well - a classic number 6. If he doesn't make it I will be upset.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Obviously I'm missing a few/</p>

Christensen might be given his chance depending on whether we buy and the overall state of defense at the end of the season (ie if Terry retires, returns to form, or becomes a player-coach). He is the epitome of a ball playing centreback and is very, very similar to Stones. He plays for Denmark's first team already. However I'd expect that we would not see Zouma-Christensen next season - I remember when Cahill-Zouma were playing against I think Palace and neither of them went for the ball and allowed the striker a free header. Zouma still needs Terry next to him to stop such mistakes, he is still learning. So therefore were Christensen to stay I reckon we'd see 2 pairings - Terry and Zouma (so Terry's lack of pace can be compensated for) and then Cahill and Christensen.

Wasn't Christensens loan over 2 years though? Can't see him as part of our squad next season. We might have an option to recall him, but I think its better for him to stay at gladbach if he can cement a spot in their starting XI .

Wasn't Christensens loan over 2 years though? Can't see him as part of our squad next season. We might have an option to recall him, but I think its better for him to stay at gladbach if he can cement a spot in their starting XI .

Depends how he performs and how we perform this season really.

He is getting fast tracked with his experience with champions league games against city&juventus etc which should hold him in good stead,win lose or draw. It will be interesting to follow his progress ,seems now to be getting game time,hope he makes it for us.

Well he kept a clean sheet against Mandzukic who is a CL winner and a massive handful on his day and Morata who is a quality young stiker. Excellent achievement, especially more that it was at Juve's ground. I just typed his name on twitter and the amount of comments that stated he was MOTM and bossed the Juve attack. Less talked about but he can easily be the John Stones we were looking for if he keeps up with his progress.

Morata is a CL winner too :) great experience for young Andreas

Well he kept a clean sheet against Mandzukic who is a CL winner and a massive handful on his day and Morata who is a quality young stiker. Excellent achievement, especially more that it was at Juve's ground. I just typed his name on twitter and the amount of comments that stated he was MOTM and bossed the Juve attack. Less talked about but he can easily be the John Stones we were looking for if he keeps up with his progress.

won't be back for 2 years though. his path could easily be blocked. and i would't trust jose to even be aware of his progress

Good!! Him and Zouma are a very well matched CB pairing. Zouma, pacey, hearty, fantastic in the tackle but hamstrung by his poor ball skills, and Christensen is basically Stones II. All it needs is either one to develop their leadership qualities and I'd say it's a future first choice set. But that is a crucial area - otherwise you get a Jones-Smalling like situation (just on a level up quality wise)

He was great. Definitely the best player in a well organized Gladbach defense. They needed a bit of luck not concede on a couple of occasions but otherwise did very well against a Juve attack full of in-form players.

I was very wrong in the past about youth players like Piazon and McEachran, but I'm very happy that RLC and Christensen seem on their way to prove that I was right to say that they two are the most promising talents we have.