Andreas Christensen

Wilson

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Feel for him but it was obvious he'd do something like this one game, hes taken chances before playing with the ball in those sort of situations or other ones, unfortunately for the type of player he is willing to trust his ability to pass it out of danger as opposed to clear it, was bound to happen. No doubt he'll learn from it just a pity it goes against him after another good performance and in general a very good team performance in spells against an excellent opponent. If that was Cahill he'd be getting slaughtered though...

Don't want to be harsh on the lad given he's been solid but he's made some costly errors in the Champions League this season. Tonight is one and the home game against Roma is another.

31 minutes ago, manpe said:

Hopefully Conte beats the John Stones out of him and he learns when it is the right time to pass across your box and when it isn't.

Andreas will learn from that moment but for his further development he should be playing near top quality CB. A mistake from last night was much easier to make when you don’t have enough confidence in your teammates. 

17 hours ago, Henrique said:

I hope his mistake won't have a negative impact in his development, to other I hope people will stop saying we can't defend when he is not around. Still a lot to learn.

The phrase wasn’t meant to be taken quite literally Henrique lol. My main point was that we’re much more sturdier defensively when he plays instead of his alternative, Cahill/Luiz. Is this false?

16 hours ago, manpe said:

Hopefully Conte beats the John Stones out of him and he learns when it is the right time to pass across your box and when it isn't.

He had miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He had made miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than doing what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

Yeah, the first one that went to a corner was a standard pass to Azpi but he miskicked it. There wasn't any danger because nobody was around, justified attempt of a pass, poor execution. Excusable, shit happens. The second mistake however was wrong from the start, shouldn't even think about passing there in this situation.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He had made miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

Exactly. Can't make a similar mistake twice in a game against such opposition and expect to get away with it.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

This is why I love Conte as our manager. He has big heavy globe sized balls. He absolutely made the right decision in dropping Cahill and he knows it. Some other managers wouldn't have dared.

I don't particularly like Conte's tactics, but like his man management.

I was pretty upset we missed out on Stones, mistakes and all, but Christensen is similar (less technical but more composed), so I am very happy he's become a key member of the squad.

One of my fav players already.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

I don't particularly like Conte's tactics, but like his man management.

I was pretty upset we missed out on Stones, mistakes and all, but Christensen is similar (less technical but more composed), so I am very happy he's become a key member of the squad.

One of my fav players already.

Who will be the better player - Stones or Christensen?

3 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Based on this season and don't think I'm being biased, I'd say Christensen. While Stones has improved from last season, still think he's prone to making mistakes in defence.

3 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Hah difficult to judge at this point.

They both might end up becoming quality cbs in their own right and a bit different too. 

I think stones might have an edge bc ball-playing cbs are more difficult to find, but Andreas is better in the air and has better composure, which is really something else, esp considering his age.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/7zdr16/analysing_the_goal_chelsea_conceded_vs_barcelona/

Great analyse of mistakes that lead to Messi's goal. I agree that Christy was just one part of the problem, what Azpi did was just as bad, if not worse than what Christy did.

2 hours ago, El P. said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/7zdr16/analysing_the_goal_chelsea_conceded_vs_barcelona/

Great analyse of mistakes that lead to Messi's goal. I agree that Christy was just one part of the problem, what Azpi did was just as bad, if not worse than what Christy did.

It’s good information and detail but somewhat poor implied conclusion.

it was a terrible mistake by Andreas - a bad decision compunded by poor execution and technique.

of course there were other collective mistakes, but the worst mistake, by far, was andreas’.

with that out of the way, not too worried about it. It was such a bad and uncharacteristic mistake that he will correct that naturally as he progresses as a footballer.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Based on this season and don't think I'm being biased, I'd say Christensen. While Stones has improved from last season, still think he's prone to making mistakes in defence.

Go as far to say that based on pure CB talent he’s already top 5 in the league.