test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,115 posts in this topic
On 16/03/2018 at 4:31 PM, Jason said:

His passing is too poor to become a holding midfielder really, the lack of ball playing defenders is one of the major reasons we fail so poorly against high pressing sides

Yeah he could be an okay emergency solution at DMF, but I don't see that being his main position. He's a CB through and through for me.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Great, just what we needed :angry:

The headline is somewhat misleading though, we still don't know if it's an injury or just fatigue.

9 hours ago, Azpinator said:

The headline is somewhat misleading though, we still don't know if it's an injury or just fatigue.

Sounds like a precaution more than anything...

Even the NT won't take chances with the WC being so close.

I am yet to see one slice of evidence that this guy is the player that most claim he is. As it stands I see an average defender who can't cope with the load if responsibility on his shoulders.

FabHazard likes this

41 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Another mediocre player turned into world class by Chelsea fan base, after a couple of games.

He's 21 ffs. Who the hell is claiming a 21 year old is world class? He's been absolutely solid for most of the season up until the Barcelona game. Now people want to shit on him. Give it a rest. 

Cosmin likes this

He should have been taken out of the starting-11 after the 2nd or 3rd big mistake he made. Instead, however, Conte continued playing him and he's made a mistake leading to a goal in basically every game for the past 2 months. That's the complete opposite of how you should handle young players.

23 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

He should have been taken out of the starting-11 after the 2nd or 3rd big mistake he made. Instead, however, Conte continued playing him and he's made a mistake leading to a goal in basically every game for the past 2 months. That's the complete opposite of how you should handle young players.

The alternative is to play Cahill there, but he's been dropped for good which is something we all wanted to see. Man I wish Luiz of last season was still here, it's not fair to put such responsibility on Christensen so suddenly. We are pretty much forced to play him.

Shouldn't be playing this many big games. Hope the hard way of learning things isn't going to damage him somehow.

39 minutes ago, manpe said:

The alternative is to play Cahill there, but he's been dropped for good which is something we all wanted to see. Man I wish Luiz of last season was still here, it's not fair to put such responsibility on Christensen so suddenly. We are pretty much forced to play him.

Think Luiz will have a big role to play again next season, when he's no longer "injured".

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

The irony of wanting young players to play for us but quick to throw him under the bus when things go south.

My feeling is that even when youngsters get a shot, this club doesn’t do it right.

Andreas should have played a few games while his good run of form lasted and then gone back to rotation. Throwing youngsters in a struggling starting xi is as bad as not giving them minutes.

it can hinder their development.

Amblève. likes this

2 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Agree but Luiz has been injured and could you imagine the backlash if he played Cahill there? Unfortunate for both Conte and Andreas but if he played Cahill there he gets criticized before a ball is kicked, he can’t win. 

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I think he needs to stay back unless he goes up for corners and set pieces.

Still wondering what was he thinking. He’s position at that very moment was awful and of course we conceded a goal. 

He was definitely never ready to play so many important minutes for Chelsea this season but it’s easy to constant that now. 

Unionjack likes this