test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,018 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf we played that poorly in both games I doubt he'd of made a huge difference. Henrique is right, lack of effort and motivation in both games was key factor to those defeats. Faar too many individual errors in almost all of the goals yes but 3 CB's all played poorly. Wing backs poor. No protection or creativity in MF. Attack blunt. Defending as a team was shocking, no organisation and poor game management etc was easy for them to cut through us. 

Christensen is a far better organiser at the back than someone like Cahill for example. I’m not denying any of the other factors but I genuinely doubt we would have conceded as many goals. Sure, could’ve still lost, but not by three goals against teams like Watford and Bournemouth. I’m not saying Christensen playing equates to us definitely winning, that’s a narrative Henrique had started. 

This guy is an absolute jewel. Only 21. Crazy. Plays more maturely than most players into their 30s. Immediately made everyone around him play much better, truly sign of a great player.

Stats, Leif and Johnnyeye like this

Made one huge mistake in the second half, which Rondon should have punished him for but otherwise, another solid game. Could even see the difference between him and Cahill with the use of ball. One looked to be proactive and the other took the passive approach and dare I say, coward approach.

Supermonkey92 likes this

On 2/10/2018 at 9:59 AM, The Skipper said:

I’m not saying Christensen playing equates to us definitely winning, that’s a narrative Henrique had started. 

You were saying the team can't defend without him, and I said its not true, because there is no team in the world goes from solid in terms of defense to conceding 7 in 2 games because of one single player, no matter how good the player is. 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

You were saying the team can't defend without him, and I said its not true, because there is no team in the world goes from solid in terms of defense to conceding 7 in 2 games because of one single player, no matter how good the player is. 

Clean sheet today says otherwise 

The Skipper and Johnnyeye like this

And lest not forget how Conte finally started playing Christensen in the starting XI. All because of one fateful night in Rome, where Luiz and Conte got into an argument. Wow. 

13 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

And lest not forget how Conte finally started playing Christensen in the starting XI. All because of one fateful night in Rome, where Luiz and Conte got into an argument. Wow. 

I wish Cahill gets in an argument with Conte. Then he'll be dropped for good.

eemanyooel and the wes like this

5 hours ago, Mana said:

I wish Cahill gets in an argument with Conte. Then he'll be dropped for good.

cahill is too boring to get in an argument with the manager - watch his interviews , just a standard English footballer like Milner

the wes likes this

I hope his mistake won't have a negative impact in his development, to other I hope people will stop saying we can't defend when he is not around. Still a lot to learn.

Feel for him but it was obvious he'd do something like this one game, hes taken chances before playing with the ball in those sort of situations or other ones, unfortunately for the type of player he is willing to trust his ability to pass it out of danger as opposed to clear it, was bound to happen. No doubt he'll learn from it just a pity it goes against him after another good performance and in general a very good team performance in spells against an excellent opponent. If that was Cahill he'd be getting slaughtered though...

yuvala likes this

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Feel for him but it was obvious he'd do something like this one game, hes taken chances before playing with the ball in those sort of situations or other ones, unfortunately for the type of player he is willing to trust his ability to pass it out of danger as opposed to clear it, was bound to happen. No doubt he'll learn from it just a pity it goes against him after another good performance and in general a very good team performance in spells against an excellent opponent. If that was Cahill he'd be getting slaughtered though...

Don't want to be harsh on the lad given he's been solid but he's made some costly errors in the Champions League this season. Tonight is one and the home game against Roma is another.

OneMoSalah, Amblève. and Henrique like this

Hopefully Conte beats the John Stones out of him and he learns when it is the right time to pass across your box and when it isn't.

zekinjo likes this

31 minutes ago, manpe said:

Hopefully Conte beats the John Stones out of him and he learns when it is the right time to pass across your box and when it isn't.

Andreas will learn from that moment but for his further development he should be playing near top quality CB. A mistake from last night was much easier to make when you don’t have enough confidence in your teammates. 

King11Didier and DYC. like this

17 hours ago, Henrique said:

I hope his mistake won't have a negative impact in his development, to other I hope people will stop saying we can't defend when he is not around. Still a lot to learn.

The phrase wasn’t meant to be taken quite literally Henrique lol. My main point was that we’re much more sturdier defensively when he plays instead of his alternative, Cahill/Luiz. Is this false?

16 hours ago, manpe said:

He had miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He had made miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than doing what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

Yeah, the first one that went to a corner was a standard pass to Azpi but he miskicked it. There wasn't any danger because nobody was around, justified attempt of a pass, poor execution. Excusable, shit happens. The second mistake however was wrong from the start, shouldn't even think about passing there in this situation.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He had made miscued a pass across the back earlier in the game which went out for a corner. Silly to do it again especially when there were so many Barca players around our penalty area then. Would rather he just whacked the ball forward and lost possession than what he did. At least the former would allow us to get back into defensive shape.

Exactly. Can't make a similar mistake twice in a game against such opposition and expect to get away with it.