test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

889 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh best players in the world track back and work hard. Barca under Pep for example might be tiki taka possession based team, but off the ball, they constantly ran up and down, closing opponents.

Martial, much as many other talents jog around these days. Obviously you dont play them. Fair to say Van Gaal played him, but United as whole was crap back then. Mou wants to win titles and there is no place for players like Martial who dont run enough, regardless of their talent. There must be some standards still.

On the whole I agree Mou gives too much responsibility to attackers, but Martial realy isnt good example. Talented yes, but also lazy.

RLC for example has plenty of talent too, but he will never play in quality side if he doesnt improve his work rate.

Mourinho is a bad example but generaly, football doesnt work like you give chance to player who has talent. You give it to those who are willing to leave their heart on ground. Those will play. Tricky players who only see goal will not. There are things like team work, intelligence, maturity, hard work, determination.

Players like Hazard are tricky too, but they have other departments fixed too. He is team player, decent worker, runs quite alot. All best players in the world do that, including Ronaldo or Messi.

Nasri, Ben Arfa,...all have or had talent, but so far lack everything else. You cant build team around them. Even Pep didnt give Ihenacho proper chance despite he was extremely promising.

Not saying Martial is in same class, but he will have to improve big time. As far I know when Ibra arrived, he was very dissapointed as he was ''forced'' to give number 9 away. The fuck is that? Crying over number that was rightfuly given to a man who earned much more in his career than Martial?

Often players move to smaller or different club when they cant suceed in current. It just shows they made too big step. Nice example would be De Bruyne. Nasri on other hand never managed to reinvent himself anywhere he went. Arfa was excelent in Nice, but doesnt even play for PSG. He obviously has talent, but lacks everything else, thats why he doesnt play.

Same is with Martial. Talent is not everything and he will have to work much harder and become mature if he wants to play for top team. Honestly nothing to do with Mourinho here, many United fans will admit he is talented, but lazy, selfish and gives ball away too many times.

Again, Mou is bad example here, but there are so called talented players who get hyped over their skills, and fans think they are super players and demand them to play, but in reality they lack many other qualities to make a team player and oftenly thats reason they dont play.

Yes, even players under Pep track back/press/work hard but you didn’t see Messi playing at LB for example right? 

He’s not lazy or selfish either - that’s a narrative Jose is trying to create as always - as a CFC fan who’s experienced that bullshit before (take a look at KDB who Jose tried to brand ‘lazy’) you should know better. 

Miki-Liki, dimmas and DYC. like this

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You could say he was unlucky with injuries too. Wilshere is similar. Or Micah Richards back then.

I agree with rest, but Shaw is not the best example here IMO.

It is Shaw's injury why I mentioned him as a perfect example of Mourinho's poor management of youth players. He's still a young player and he suffered a serious injury not too long ago. Instead of being nurtured back carefully, getting encouragement from the manager, what does Mourinho do? Publicly embarrass him and throw him under the bus after every time he plays. Is that really good management? No wonder Shaw has said he would love to play for Pochettino again. Mourinho only knows one way of managing players - which is through the media. Criticize them in the public and see how they react - if they react well, then they are in the team. if not, they're out regardless of whether they are actually talented or not. This method may work 10 years ago but it doesn't now. It may still work on certain players but in other situations, the classic arm around the shoulders approach is needed but he's clearly incapable of that. No wonder he's getting outshone by a number of high profile managers out there.

BlueLyon likes this

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Yes, even players under Pep track back/press/work hard but you didn’t see Messi playing at LB for example right? 

He’s not lazy or selfish either - that’s a narrative Jose is trying to create as always - as a CFC fan who’s experienced that bullshit before (take a look at KDB who Jose tried to brand ‘lazy’) you should know better. 

Mourinho is far from only manager who does that. You exagerrate now. 

Its trend to throw stick at Mou on here, I get it people cant accept he decided to join United. That doesnt mean we shouldnt be objective.

Hazard learned several very good things under management of Mou, he stepped to next level in 2014/15. 

Defending is part of the game and even Pedro was very important to that in Pep days at barcelona. He literaly tracked back to defense if needed. 

Off the ball, every top manager will demand players to run and chase opponent. 

The difference is the style of play. Pep plays possesion, Mou plays counter attacks. And obviously the difference then is Mou players defend for 60min, while Pep players only for 30min of the game. 

But either of the two will demand lot of running and tracking. 

Pochettino is killing his players with training, he demands excellent physical preparation and willingness to run whole game. The difference is Alli, Kane and others accepted that. 

You are naive if you think Pochetino, Pep, Bielsa, Sari, any other quality manager demands any less running than Mou does. Off the ball, everyone has to run. 

However some defend longer in game and some less.

But for example Martial, every manager would want him to be prepared to track back and run when not in possesion. But he is lazy and he needs to improve if he wants to play. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

But for example Martial, every manager would want him to be prepared to track back and run when not in possesion. But he is lazy and he needs to improve if he wants to play. 

Please provide proof he’s lazy. Improve in what exactly? You’re acting like Martial is some 16 year old just breaking through for the academy :lol:.

I’m not sure how saying Mourinho is rubbish at developing young (attacking especially) players equates to me saying that Martial shouldn’t do stuff off the ball. 

Edit:

This is quite timely.  

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Please provide proof he’s lazy. Improve in what exactly? You’re acting like Martial is some 16 year old just breaking through for the academy :lol:.

I’m not sure how saying Mourinho is rubbish at developing young (attacking especially) players equates to me saying that Martial shouldn’t do stuff off the ball. 

Edit:

This is quite timely.  

You cant provide proof black on white regarding Martial lazyness. But as long you watch the United games, you will see what Im talking about.

There is no doubt Martial is extremely talented, I never said he isnt. His ball control is brilliant. But the reason he isnt playing ahead of Rashford is because Rashfors puts in a shift. Rash is prepared to press and track down, run entire game.

Martial needs to develop better tactical understanding and workrate to suceed in PL. If he does that, he can be top 3 players in league. This is where he has to improve.

But until then, I understand why Mou plays Rashford ahead of Martial as first choice and most of united fans see that aswell.

The base in premier league is good tactical understanding and willingness to work hard. Then on top of that comes talent. But every talent from Hazard to Silva to Sanchez knows tactical requirements and the work shift required. Rashford knows it too. Martial as of now doesnt.

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Edit:

This is quite timely.  

As if Pogba would go on a 'televised' interview for MUTV and say anything negative about one of his team-mates. 

Every man and his dog knows Martial's attacking qualities, we saw that Monaco, we saw him being touted as the next Henry for a reason...but right now with Mourinho as his boss, he needs to put in a shift on the defensive end or bide his time and play the super-sub role. 

This whole situation is similar to Real Madrid and Benzema.  In more than one press conference after Higuain got injured, Mourinho said: " If I can't hunt with a dog, I will hunt with a cat"....then later on Benzema said: "Mourinho called me a cat to motivate me to fight for the team, to make me more aggressive, to let out the anger inside of me"

BlueLyon likes this

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Crazy to think he can't even get into the Danish team at the moment.

Good for us if he's not playing for Denmark.

14 hours ago, Stats said:

Crazy to think he can't even get into the Danish team at the moment.

Wait, what? I though he's their second best player

16 hours ago, Yeboii said:

That is ridiculous!

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Wait, what? I though he's their second best player

TBH. They have been doing quite well despite him not playing. Their manager said their current CB pairing work very well but has challenged him to learn a new position to break in the team. Possibly DM, I am thinking.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Good for us if he's not playing for Denmark.

I would not have mind him playing, to build up playing momentum. Not as if he is playing week, in week out for us.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

I would not have mind him playing, to build up playing momentum. Not as if he is playing week, in week out for us.

He has hardly been playing every week and yet, he has been able to maintain his performance level. More concerned of any potential fatigue. The less he plays for the national team, the better it will be for us. We'll be playing every 3-4 days starting next weekend up till January.

Stats likes this

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Who starts for Denmark currently? Kjaer and?

Andreas Bjelland, Brentford CB, those 2 must seriously work if they are keeping Christensen out.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Andreas Bjelland, Brentford CB, those 2 must seriously work if they are keeping Christensen out.

Brentford? Surely AC will have to break into that partnership soon, especially if he breaks into the first team here. But then again some international manager are really weird. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Brentford? Surely AC will have to break into that partnership soon, especially if he breaks into the first team here. But then again some international manager are really weird. 

I think if he plays every week here he will eventually. I don’t think on an international stage it’s particularly correct to pick guys who play every two or three weeks ahead of guys playing every week, trust me I’ve seen years of Scotland playing guys who hardly ever played because they we’re at bigger clubs, it’s nonsense and 9/10 doesn’t work because they lack the match rhythm of somebody playing every week. I’m sure when he was at Mochengladbach he was a regular for Denmark. It will come. He has huge potential, anybody would have to be a fool to say otherwise but I think he needs to play every week (can’t be far off it now) to become a mainstay in the NT.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think if he plays every week here he will eventually. I don’t think on an international stage it’s particularly correct to pick guys who play every two or three weeks ahead of guys playing every week, trust me I’ve seen years of Scotland playing guys who hardly ever played because they we’re at bigger clubs, it’s nonsense and 9/10 doesn’t work because they lack the match rhythm of somebody playing every week. I’m sure when he was at Mochengladbach he was a regular for Denmark. It will come. He has huge potential, anybody would have to be a fool to say otherwise but I think he needs to play every week (can’t be far off it now) to become a mainstay in the NT.

That's exactly the case. Denmark coach prefers players who play regularly for their clubs and said that he won't play some players only because they are at big clubs.
Although Christensen actually started playing more frequently now, he is still on their bench. I don't mind that though, it might be good on one side as he is getting more play time, but on other side I'm not worried about injuries and he won't be tired when he comes back.
The fella from Brentford should be really solid defender though, he keeps the likes of the already mentioned AC, Zanka from Huddersfield and Vestergaard from B.Monchengladbach on the bench :D

OneMoSalah and The Skipper like this

Hopefully Denmark phase out some key players, fully integrate Christensen and make him captain. Our very best years domestically came when we had more than a handful of international captains as our players. More likely Eriksen though, who exudes 0 leadership.