test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

794 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Sounds like the perfect player for Guardiola. Hope he signs an extension soon. I know he still has 2 years left but in the past there were rumours he wanted to stay in Germany.

3 years. Contract ends in 2020.

What a player. I'm so happy he's ours. 

Cannot wait for him to add more range on his passes and develop more physically. 

There is nothing more Christensen can do to signal that he deserves to be starting. 

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Could Luiz pull off being an outside CB? If Andreas carries on like this then he has to start but he's not as effective on the outside positions.

Azpi - AC - Luiz maybe? I think AC can comfortably play as a RCB as well... they could all interchange depending on match ups etc.

Tomo likes this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Azpi - AC - Luiz maybe? I think AC can comfortably play as a RCB as well... they could all interchange depending on match ups etc.

Andreas isn't very fast which could be an issue as an outside CB, but even if he had the pace i think he's so tailor made for the middle he'd be wasted there. Awesome problem to have though.

The Skipper likes this

Andreas is a great player. If he stays patient with us and the game time he's getting right now, he'll be a guaranteed starter in 1-2 years. We have to remember that David is 30.

God bless being in four competitions. Rotation when we have such quality options at CB feels so nice. Everyone is getting playtime and everyone is developing while having the hunger to establish themselves in the starting XI.

Like John Stones except really good! :D

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Could Luiz pull off being an outside CB? If Andreas carries on like this then he has to start but he's not as effective on the outside positions.

Problem with Luiz playing other than central is that he starts getting forward more which is where he can sometimes lose his head and then you get the things like the Arsenal sending off...

Pizy, Blue-in-me-Veins and Tomo like this

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Andreas isn't very fast which could be an issue as an outside CB, but even if he had the pace i think he's so tailor made for the middle he'd be wasted there. Awesome problem to have though.

He may not be fast but he definitely isn't a slouch either. He has decent enough pace, especially for a CB.

Stats and Tomo like this

Christensen, Zouma, Ampadu, Rudiger, the future is bright for our cb choices. 

I am honestly in awe of how he has developed. I remember his first game against Bayern, they lost 3-0 i think, and he looked lost on the pitch, you could clearly see how nervous he was. To see him playing with the confidence and calmness that he has now is absolutely incredible. I knew he had potential, but i never knew he was this fucking good, and he is just 21 years old!

We genuinely have our next captain now, and better yet, he is OUR player, he came from OUR youth team, and he is THE best young CB in the world, which just speaks volume about the level of players we are creating there.

He needs to be a permanent starter, not next year, not in January, but NOW, he is ready, i am sure of that.

6 hours ago, lucashm said:

I am honestly in awe of how he has developed. I remember his first game against Bayern, they lost 3-0 i think, and he looked lost on the pitch, you could clearly see how nervous he was. To see him playing with the confidence and calmness that he has now is absolutely incredible. I knew he had potential, but i never knew he was this fucking good, and he is just 21 years old!

We genuinely have our next captain now, and better yet, he is OUR player, he came from OUR youth team, and he is THE best young CB in the world, which just speaks volume about the level of players we are creating there.

He needs to be a permanent starter, not next year, not in January, but NOW, he is ready, i am sure of that.

If only he were English he'd be all over the TV