test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

891 posts in this topic

David Luiz isn't getting games as a CB and people expect Kalas to get some. I called this in the beginning of the year. It's a waste of time to keep youth CBs as depth at a top top European team. It's just way too risk to experiment with CBs. Not worth it.

The Skipper likes this

I'm going to have to disagree with the statement of Mourinho refusing to integrate youth. At Madrid he brought in Varane at 18 years old which was a massively bold move at probably the biggest club in Europe especially at the expense of Carvalho. At Chelsea in his first spell I seem to remember him playing a lot of young englishmen too, most of which were already at the club when he arrived (Parker, Joe Cole, Johnson, Bridge off hand). I must admit I didn't follow much of his time at Inter so I have no idea what he did there but I just think it's a tad unfair for people to accuse Mourinho for not bringing through youth when he's never been at a club for more than 3 years. We all know that owners demand success immeadiately and if you try to integrate youth and you get a few bad results the axe will come down so it's almost pointless to try sometimes.

I am sad about the situation with Kalas this season but lets be honest who would've thought that JT and Cahill would be pretty much fit all year round? I would've bet on at least one of them being out for a while which would've meant that Kalas would have got a lot more game time.

Not attacking you here, or overly defending Mourinho, we'll both have to wait and see, but I just have high hopes for some of our players to be integrate in when some of our older, current players retire/leave the club.

Parker, Cole and Brdge were as much "youngsters" as Oscar and Hazard are now (obviously not comparing ability, but age) and let's be honest, Jose failed with Johnson as is evident by the amount of shit that Glen talks about him. I did say here at Chelsea, but it was really at Inter that he got this "reputation" for failing to integrate youth because they had some very highly rated youngsters like Balotelli and Arnautovic who all failed to make it through (granted some of those had more to do with their attitude than Jose). Really, Varane is the only youngster Jose has managed to bring through the ranks (bar his Porto days because I know little about that).

You can't really blame the Kalas situation on JT's form because if JT and Cahill both pick up an injury, every Chelsea fan would tell you that our back four would be: Azpi-Iva-Luiz-Cole and Kalas would be on the bench. Him not staying long at one club isn't really an excuse either because last season Rafa gave chances to the likes of Piazon and Christensen and Ake was practically a first team player in the last couple of months.

The point about being successful and integrating youths is a good one, though. I always say that it is near impossible for top teams to integrate youth without the loan system. But this is exactly why I see this season as a huge opportunity missed. This season we did not have the expectations of winning any trophies. Yes we are surpassing expectations in the league and CL but the stakes were much lower. It would have been the perfect opportunity to give a couple of youngsters a chance even if it had to be at the expense of a few points

Bottom line is, Jose has obviously either failed or refused to integrate youth in his career, because Varane alone is not enough. This probably remain his reputation until he proves otherwise, and trust me there is nothing I'd like more than for him to do so.

Last time Huth got games despite us having the 3 best CB's in the prem.

And then was sold to buy Ben Haim. I literally facepalm when I remember that.

Vybz Kartel likes this

Was impressed with what I saw again yesterday. If given a proper chance I think he can be our next JT. His composed on and off the ball, can use both feet. Has the body too. I think in 3-4 years he might break in to the first team.

He played very well yesterday IMO. If he had scored after beating 2-3 men it would've been one hell of a goal! Really hope he breaks through, will be amazing for the national team if he does. He is already playing at U21 national team despite his age. Exciting prospect.

Styles likes this

Oh God, the guy just turned 18 a few days ago and his father is already talking about two years of stagnation.

He expected what in this two years? A Champions League trophy? EPL starts at the age of 17?

@ChelsTransfer: Christensen Sr: "We are forced to think about Andreas' future. From our point of view, something needs to happen after the summer. He should not spend one or two years where he stagnates. Andreas will not go on loan"

I think he will find it is best his son goes on loan to somewhere like Vitesse maybe not next season but when hes 20 so hes counted as a homegrown kid. Hes a good young player, great on the ball for a CB but still that sort of CB can always be a risk and to throw him in the first team against Liverpool potentially against a 60-70 goal strikeforce like I've been reading about on twitter and stuff could be a big risk. If he gets a start tomorrow it could be a real eye opener, he might float or sink.

“Andreas wants to be playing and stretching himself more. There is a problem coming and it is not about money – it is purely about his football career.”

Yep, he will have tons of chances to break into a team with an average squad of 28 and only THREE U-23 players in it. At least Boyata and Rodwell had...

He's not going to be playing regularly in the first team for a while, let him eventually go out on loan so he can gain a bit more experience playing week in, week out with other good professionals.

He still has a long way to go before he is a first team player, blew very hot and cold in the final.

His raw talent is obvious but if he is going to use a play me or let me go ultimatum to the club at this age, only one thing will happen.

I asked Chelsea what plans they had for me, and they told me they have a couple of ideas. I haven't been told what they are, but I'll know during summer. The best thing would of course be to join the first team squad, but if they want me to go on loan I'll happily do it if that's what I need to do in order to reach the first team. But I'd rather stay in Chelsea and fight for a place.

Bold: So the situation is not as black and white as it was painted previously?

No, not at all. I think the media made more of it than it actually was. I haven't made any ultimatum (?) to the club. I have absolutely no intentions of leaving Chelsea. [if I go on loan] I'd like to stay in England to maintain the mentality. That'd be the optimal thing to do, but I haven't had many thoughts about it.

Looks like Christensen is finally getting some good advice. He's too young for the first team and will need to go on loan to get the experience necessary to challenge for that role in the future.

The Skipper likes this

The agent of Chelsea starlet Andreas Christensen has rejected reports linking his client with a loan move to Sunderland.

Speculation has been mounting for some time that the 18-year-old defender could be allowed out on a season-long deal in 2014/15.

Sunderland are reported to be leading the chase for his services, with Gus Poyet prepared to offer the youngster a Premier League stage on which to perform.

Christensen has, however, not given up on taking that step at Stamford Bridge – with Chelsea holding the promising centre-half in high regard.

His representative, Sten Christensen, told Danish publication BT on the loan rumours: “That is news to me. I do not believe that Andreas will be joining Sunderland for the upcoming season. That is not my impression right now. I have not talked to the club about a loan for Andreas. At the moment, the plan is that Andreas will play for Chelsea when pre-season starts after the summer vacation. But things can change quickly in this game.”

Christensen is under contract at Chelsea until the summer of 2016.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9362723/transfer-news-agent-rejects-talk-of-sunderland-loan-for-andreas-christensen

All of a sudden Andreas fallen down the pecking order. Hopefully, he can be loaned out to a good team and show his class. He's an incredible talent.

Good for him, he along with Ake will be on the first team squad. We're set on the back four now, 2 player in every position

As a Chelsea Dane, I am interrested in hearing your opinion on this lad. Here in Denmark, expectations are big towards him, and people call him an amazing talent. I agree to this, but I would love to see him play more(Loan, League Cup etc.). It seems as if we've gotten quite a nice partnership with Middlesbrough(Blackman, Bamford, Big Ken..). Could a loan towards Boro be of interest? I know that Andreas wants to play at a higher level, but a season or half-season in The Championship would definitely give him some hair on his chest. But if loaned to Boro would he even get playtime? Ayala and Big Ken seems to be doing quite well up there. What about other options? Vitesse, another CH club?

Would love to see him in the starting XI over the next years, as it would definitely give the blues some more airing time on Danish TV, and just because he's a Dane :)

As a Chelsea Dane, I am interrested in hearing your opinion on this lad. Here in Denmark, expectations are big towards him, and people call him an amazing talent. I agree to this, but I would love to see him play more(Loan, League Cup etc.). It seems as if we've gotten quite a nice partnership with Middlesbrough(Blackman, Bamford, Big Ken..). Could a loan towards Boro be of interest? I know that Andreas wants to play at a higher level, but a season or half-season in The Championship would definitely give him some hair on his chest. But if loaned to Boro would he even get playtime? Ayala and Big Ken seems to be doing quite well up there. What about other options? Vitesse, another CH club?

Would love to see him in the starting XI over the next years, as it would definitely give the blues some more airing time on Danish TV, and just because he's a Dane :)

We don't loan him out abroad because we need to have home grown players.

Also, we shouldn't loan him out to Middlesbrough as long as Omeruo is there. Ayala is theirs and he seems to be untouchable.

Christensen is still very young, playing in the U21 team at the age of 18 is fine. We should only loan him out if we found him a team that is serious about him. We let Kalas go to Cologne and he hasn't played a minute there.

zolayes likes this

We don't loan him out abroad because we need to have home grown players.

Also, we shouldn't loan him out to Middlesbrough as long as Omeruo is there. Ayala is theirs and he seems to be untouchable.

Christensen is still very young, playing in the U21 team at the age of 18 is fine. We should only loan him out if we found him a team that is serious about him. We let Kalas go to Cologne and he hasn't played a minute there.

Boro is maybe not a option - but there must certainly be other clubs in which he could be of interest.

You're right, he is young, and developing quite fine in the U21 team, but a loan at a CH club with more spectators, playing against more experienced players etc, would be of more interest both for him and the club.

Kalas will hopefully get his change - let's hope he is still developing into the German lifestyle :)

nyikolajevics likes this