Andreas Christensen

Wilson

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

I remain hopeful he'll return and become a mainstay. I'd be extremely disappointed if that wasn't the case and wouldn't ever raise my hopes concerning youth players again.

If we'd do to him what's happening to Ake at the moment would be tragic.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Who was it that was worried about whether he'd cope in the PL with challenges? @BlueLyon? The guy is such a clean defender it doesn't matter. 

Indeed and I still am. My point was that he is not better in air than Cahill, and we already struggle in set pieces. Meanwhile Luiz and Azpi are atm not replacable. 

For obvious reasons I would never compare Buli and PL when it comes to defenders. Just take example in Boateng. Not saying he is the rule, but there is obvious that doing it well in germany wont mean the same in PL. Now obviously Christensen has plenty of time to develop further, after all Carvalho wasnt buff either. 

But what is more, Christensen never realy impressed me against better teams tbh. Not yet at least. He can be fantastic sometimes, but everytime they faced a better opponent, it ended with poor performance of both, christensen and bmg as whole. 

Generaly I will always prefer old school defenders, more so in such physical league like PL. They are reliable, there is certain guarantee they wont do some stupid shit and will get the job done. Also, players like Terry, Rio, Vidic gave alot more danger in corners, than what Christensen can offer IMO. Stones, Marquinhos, Christensen, Silva, Ramos (Luiz in past) all these modern CBs are doing so many awful mistakes in some games, its not even funny. 

They make nice passes and control the ball realy well for a CB, then suddenly all the hype they are awesome CBs and one of best in the world. Ramos is a joke of defender in so many games, but he replaces that with leadership and goals. Thiago Silva is a joke since he moved to PsG. Marquinhos has fart moments like against barca. And we all know how Stones plays and how Luiz played.

Tbf if Christensen wasnt already ours and a product of youth development, I wouldnt even consider him for Chelsea. I would prefer Dijk any day. 

Christensen right now is good, he gets so much hype because of his smooth ball skills. Wouldnt surprise me if he had same problems Stones has right now. 

But since he is already ours, lets give him a run. Maybe Im horribly wrong and he will turn great. 

I think he can be good defender, dont get me wrong, but just not my type of CB for this league and our current needs. We need powerful, decently skilled and experienced leader type CB if we are about to replace either of our current 3 CBs.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Indeed and I still am. My point was that he is not better in air than Cahill, and we already struggle in set pieces. Meanwhile Luiz and Azpi are atm not replacable. 

For obvious reasons I would never compare Buli and PL when it comes to defenders. Just take example in Boateng. Not saying he is the rule, but there is obvious that doing it well in germany wont mean the same in PL. Now obviously Christensen has plenty of time to develop further, after all Carvalho wasnt buff either. 

But what is more, Christensen never realy impressed me against better teams tbh. Not yet at least. He can be fantastic sometimes, but everytime they faced a better opponent, it ended with poor performance of both, christensen and bmg as whole. 

Generaly I will always prefer old school defenders, more so in such physical league like PL. They are reliable, there is certain guarantee they wont do some stupid shit and will get the job done. Also, players like Terry, Rio, Vidic gave alot more danger in corners, than what Christensen can offer IMO. Stones, Marquinhos, Christensen, Silva, Ramos (Luiz in past) all these modern CBs are doing so many awful mistakes in some games, its not even funny. 

They make nice passes and control the ball realy well for a CB, then suddenly all the hype they are awesome CBs and one of best in the world. Ramos is a joke of defender in so many games, but he replaces that with leadership and goals. Thiago Silva is a joke since he moved to PsG. Marquinhos has fart moments like against barca. And we all know how Stones plays and how Luiz played.

Tbf if Christensen wasnt already ours and a product of youth development, I wouldnt even consider him for Chelsea. I would prefer Dijk any day. 

Christensen right now is good, he gets so much hype because of his smooth ball skills. Wouldnt surprise me if he had same problems Stones has right now. 

But since he is already ours, lets give him a run. Maybe Im horribly wrong and he will turn great. 

I think he can be good defender, dont get me wrong, but just not my type of CB for this league and our current needs. We need powerful, decently skilled and experienced leader type CB if we are about to replace either of our current 3 CBs.

Christensen is a much better defender than Boateng was at his age. Boateng was a decent prospect but nowhere near as good as Andreas was at his age. He improved significantly under Pep at Bayern. I wouldn't really call him a new school centre back because he has good ball skills. He has a very classy and elegant way of defending, that some old school defenders like Beckenbauer or Maldini for example had too. He wasn't voted BMGs POTY just because he has nice skills on the ball, he's actually a smart defender too. Conte will do wonders with him.

You talk about Cahill being better in the air but that stat proves that it wouldn't be a downgrade per se. The guy will get bigger. He has the right frame already, and will naturally put on more weight in the coming years. Also, Cahill can be quite stupid when it comes to marking in set pieces, as we've seen on numerous occasions in his career. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

England >>>>>>>>>> Germany

Top four/five, definitely. Mid table I may give it to Germany. I think the likes of Schalke, Leverkusen and Gladbach are better than Bournemouth, Southampton, etc. Bottom of the table is hard to say. 

19 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Top four/five, definitely. Mid table I may give it to Germany. I think the likes of Schalke, Leverkusen and Gladbach are better than Bournemouth, Southampton, etc. Bottom of the table is hard to say. 

point still stands

28 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

point still stands

Some players prefer a certain league but Chelsea is a no-brained upgrade for Christiansen. Even not playing every match, Christiansen is potentially an important piece of a great back line. I remember him discussing liking Gladbach a lot but he's in a position to move to one of the biggest clubs in the world and playing a massive role in years to come. I can't see many players not wanting that opportunity. 

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

Not at all, The premier league is massively overrated. 

Some may disagree with this statement but it doesn't matter whether they do or not. The important question is how Andreas looks at this. I'd say the chances must be high that he prefers the Bundesliga, and Germany in general for that matter. BVB would not be so persistent in their desire to keep him unless they know that he wants to stay. 

Germany is where Andreas experienced the breakout moments of his life, that is where he has taken his first steps to manhood. I don't know if he was in a relationship when he left England but he almost certainly is in one now, and his partner could very well be German. In addition to the fact that he knows he can start at Dortmund, there must be lots of other reasons for Andreas to feel an attachment to BVB.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Some may disagree with this statement but it doesn't matter whether they do or not. The important question is how Andreas looks at this and the chances must be high that he prefers the Bundesliga, and Germany in general for that matter. BVB would not be so persistent in their desire to keep him unless they know that he wants to stay. 

Germany is where Andreas experienced the breakout moments of his life, that is where he has taken his first steps to manhood. I don't know if he was in a relationship when he left England but he almost certainly is in one now, and his partner could very well be German. In addition to the fact that he knows he can start at Dortmund, there must be lots of other reasons for Andreas to feel an attachment to BVB.

Ain't nothing money and playing for a EPl champion can't solve, just ask Courtois ;)

On 19. 5. 2017 at 2:23 PM, akgw13 said:

IF we do sell him to Gladbach please for the love of god add in a Buy Back Clause. If a buy back is in the contract then i am fine with him moving there and continuing to develop. 

He isn't going to Gladbach. He is staying with us. Dahoud is also leaving Gladbach for BVB.