Andreas Christensen

Wilson

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Watched him last night. Never fails to surprise how good and comfortable he is on the ball. 

I really hope we are not selling him for fucking 20 million. That would be an absolutely stupid move. He is so confident and elegant, him and the Muscle Guy(Zouma) would be a perfect CB-pair.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I really hope we are not selling him for fucking 20 million. That would be an absolutely stupid move. He is so confident and elegant, him and the Muscle Guy(Zouma) would be a perfect CB-pair.

I would not bet against us selling him at the end of this season. We should have brought him back this season. 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I would not bet against us selling him at the end of this season. We should have brought him back this season. 

Hopefully we didn't bring him back for two reasons:

- playing in the Bundesliga and CL is a very good experience as he is still very young.

- we didn't want to break the gentlemen's agreement, we seem to have a good relationship with Borussia.

Just let him finish his loan spell then bring back, we really need a good CB as Terry, Cahill and Ivan are over 30.

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He wanted to stay, and we had an agreement with BMG. He'll come back next year for sure. 

Do we know IF Conte even saw him pre season?

He needs to be told for sure that he is a future part of the club and get him on some golden handcuffs.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Do we know IF Conte even saw him pre season?

He needs to be told for sure that he is a future part of the club and get him on some golden handcuffs.

He wouldn't have come back for pre season. He'd have his pre season with BMG I'd imagine. 

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

C'mon, you can't seriously believe that. Do you not think Conte was briefed about the most promising youth players the club have under contract? We're talking about a guy playing CL football as a starter at a club competing in one of the best leagues in the world at the age of 20, I'm pretty sure even most rival managers know about Christensen and how good he is let alone our own manager.

I personally do doubt it. Which board member above Conte do you have faith in & trust to do their job to the best of their abilities?

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I personally do doubt it. Which board member above Conte do you have faith in & trust to do their job to the best of their abilities?

Idk, Marina doesn't seem that bad really. She's not really in charge of youth and rather negotiations but still.

I take your post was more a dig at Emenalo. Even he has his moments and apart from a few fuck ups in the last year or so I don't really see what he's done wrong to deserve all the abuse. Getting in the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, KdB alone is a masterstroke by him, can't blame him for a few misses in the transfer market. Emenalo knows every player the club have on loan, is an influential member of the board and probably deals with Conte a lot so I have a really hard time believing the case of Christensen hasn't come up.

Anyway even if we assumed the board were all retards Conte, if he's up to the job like I believe he is, should still know Christensen as a player because common sense. He's one of the best 18-23 defenders in the world and now that he is our player already Conte should be making plans for him with next season in mind, which I sincerely hope he is.

22 minutes ago, Jype said:

C'mon, you can't seriously believe that. Do you not think Conte was briefed about the most promising youth players the club have under contract? We're talking about a guy playing CL football as a starter at a club competing in one of the best leagues in the world at the age of 20, I'm pretty sure even most rival managers know about Christensen and how good he is let alone our own manager.

But we are talking about 1 big shit load of players and the amount tat are out on loan might just make the board think they aren't in our present interests. This isn't a player like Cuadrado that gets headlines made and who was playing in his native country.

But I dont understand how some peeps thought processes work and gave up trying long ago. I know that if I was our manager with the problems I had with my defence not having a clean sheet at home since the previos November and a CB like him in our ranks then I'd happily pay some fine to cut the loan short. 

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Emenalo and Eddie Newton. That's their job, especially the latter. He will have briefed Conte on our most promising loanees, no doubt. Conte will probably have heard of Christensen anyway as well. 

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But we are talking about 1 big shit load of players and the amount tat are out on loan might just make the board think they aren't in our present interests. This isn't a player like Cuadrado that gets headlines made and who was playing in his native country.

But I dont understand how some peeps thought processes work and gave up trying long ago. I know that if I was our manager with the problems I had with my defence not having a clean sheet at home since the previos November and a CB like him in our ranks then I'd happily pay some fine to cut the loan short. 

One big shit load of players, yes, but only a handful who actually stand out from the masses. I'm talking about the likes of Christensen and Musonda, surely these guys are performing well enough to catch the eye of anyone at the club the same way the likes of Courtois and De Bruyne did a few years back. 

Not every loanee is planned to play a part in the first team to begin with but it's players like this you just watch them play and immediately you know they're class, miles better than most players their age.

We don't know what was going on behind the curtains during Jose's second term but I'd imagine that Roman and the board weren't particularly happy about selling KdB or Lukaku but were willing to accept it knowing that Jose will bring trophies. I don't think the owner wants the manager to repeat those mistakes this time and thus I seriously doubt that Conte would not be aware of the pool of talented players in the academy or on loan. The club has cut spending in recent years and to me it is giving a signal  that the club wants to become more self-sufficient, integrate the youth from the academy and give serious chances to some of the players that were bought for peanuts before going on loan. Trust me, Christensen is part of the plan and will certainly be one of our defenders in the future. I don't know about Conte's history with giving chances to youth players but he has already done more than Jose.

57 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

We don't know what was going on behind the curtains during Jose's second term but I'd imagine that Roman and the board weren't particularly happy about selling KdB or Lukaku but were willing to accept it knowing that Jose will bring trophies. I don't think the owner wants the manager to repeat those mistakes this time and thus I seriously doubt that Conte would not be aware of the pool of talented players in the academy or on loan. The club has cut spending in recent years and to me it is giving a signal  that the club wants to become more self-sufficient, integrate the youth from the academy and give serious chances to some of the players that were bought for peanuts before going on loan. Trust me, Christensen is part of the plan and will certainly be one of our defenders in the future. I don't know about Conte's history with giving chances to youth players but he has already done more than Jose.

You are probably right about the Jose bit and I couldn't think that Conte and his team havent hadd numerous sit downs with the youth management and the transfer/scouting teams. And I do hope they've managed to get into our lads with true potential heads to tell therm theyre needed. When some of these kids have been with us since they were 8 all they've ever dreamed of is a 1st team place here.

And I truly hope that there is a couple of youth used this season. Preaseason I think he must have got a rough idea of the craic. But as our 2 youngest starters against Wet Spam was Dave and Oscar we shall see. I dont think it should be done for the sake of it only if the kid is the best boption to play at that moment.