test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

27. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

794 posts in this topic

Another one entering the Chelsea 'black hole' never to be seen again...

I would like to be proved wrong and seeing you him on the bench gives me hope...

Anyone know if he's travelled to the US with the squad? The most impressive player in our current youth team IMO

Anyone know if he's travelled to the US with the squad? The most impressive player in our current youth team IMO

Yes, he did. He, Loftus-Cheek, Aké and Blackman are the youth/reserves players who are available tonight

JDY likes this

Played in the crossbar challenge during the open training session yesterday. Advanced to the second round but lost to Cahill in the end

Played in the crossbar challenge during the open training session yesterday. Advanced to the second round but lost to Cahill in the end

Haha seriously!? you met them???

Had a good first half but was all over the place in the second, especially after we conceded. Can't be too critical of him at his age.

i am part danish so i would like to see him succeed here

Me too with all the Bacon I eat ;)

Had a good first half but was all over the place in the second, especially after we conceded. Can't be too critical of him at his age.

the introduction of blackman did not help him

the introduction of blackman did not help him

Can't really fault Blackman. He didn't really make any huge mistake and you can't expect an 18yo keeper to make world-class saves.

I saw the lad play vs Man City last night, he looked pretty decent! Think he could get into the first XI in a year or two? I think he has a chance but I think he should go on loan in the Premiership and see how he does.

I saw the lad play vs Man City last night, he looked pretty decent! Think he could get into the first XI in a year or two? I think he has a chance but I think he should go on loan in the Premiership and see how he does.

Merged with the original thread.

I'm probably swimming against the tide here, but really I don't get the hype about Christensen from those two games. Yes he put in a few good tackles but his positional sense and decision making were pretty poor, imo. Don't get me wrong, the boy clearly has the physical abilities to become a great CB and there is still every chance that he could, but I just saw nothing from him to make me think: "Wow, this kid will definitely be in our first team squad in 2-3 years".

Amblève. and The Skipper like this

I'm probably swimming against the tide here, but really I don't get the hype about Christensen from those two games. Yes he put in a few good tackles but his positional sense and decision making were pretty poor, imo. Don't get me wrong, the boy clearly has the physical abilities to become a great CB and there is still every chance that he could, but I just saw nothing from him to make me think: "Wow, this kid will definitely be in our first team squad in 2-3 years".

Positional sense and decision making come with time. He has the physical and technical skills needed and has looked good at centre-back for the youth team. Too early to say at this time but he's got a good chance of making it.

Positional sense and decision making come with time. He has the physical and technical skills needed and has looked good at centre-back for the youth team. Too early to say at this time but he's got a good chance of making it.

Yes, I agree. I may have phrased my first post wrongly, but that is more or less what I intended to say. Some people on twitter saying that he could be with the first team the season after the next and calling him the Danish "wonder boy" is way over the top. A good performance for an 18yo but certainly nothing out of this world.

Yes, I agree. I may have phrased my first post wrongly, but that is more or less what I intended to say. Some people on twitter saying that he could be with the first team the season after the next and calling him the Danish "wonder boy" is way over the top. A good performance for an 18yo but certainly nothing out of this world.

You just said it yourself. He was up against Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko who are some of the best strikers in England, some would argue in the world and he gave a good account of himself. For an 18 year old, making his first starts for the club at first team level, that is very impressive. Don't think those comments being made are way off the mark