Lucas Piazón

the wes

Is he more likely at Malaga? For the time being we only have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, failing-to-impress Marin, and Piazon - this could has been his chance, in January, to make an impact. It feels like we are rushing things, there is no need to fast-track him. While I will be very impressed if he makes a great impact, I anticipate he'll get the odd sub appearance here and there (like I said I'd gladly be proved wrong).

Championship would have been much better, it has done Chalobah a world of good because he is already at the level of a top Championship player, probably more, but imagine how confident and just in general content he'll be with his regular game-time and doing well, while I foresee another McEachran - type loan here. And if we did loan him, I would have preferred to see it at the end of Jan at least, give him a chance when he would have got some. With Europa League and Moses to ACON this Jan I'd actually not be surprised if he'd get the same amount of appearances here.

Anyway, best of luck to him. Moving away from Piazon, I wonder what the club are planning. We must be looking to buy a player this Jan then, yet another no.10 as the club for some reason have out themselves in that situation. Our targets bar Willian are all fleeting away. Plus, say we got Isco/Willian or whoever, we could quite easily be looking at having Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Isco/whoever, Piazon, KDB(depending on where he's played), all competing for the same 3 spots. This is not even thinking about Kakuta, Benayoun..though they will most likely go. Hmm...

Is he more likely at Malaga? For the time being we only have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, failing-to-impress Marin, and Piazon - this could has been his chance, in January, to make an impact. It feels like we are rushing things, there is no need to fast-track him. While I will be very impressed if he makes a great impact, I anticipate he'll get the odd sub appearance here and there (like I said I'd gladly be proved wrong).

Championship would have been much better, it has done Chalobah a world of good because he is already at the level of a top Championship player, probably more, but imagine how confident and just in general content he'll be with his regular game-time and doing well, while I foresee another McEachran - type loan here. And if we did loan him, I would have preferred to see it at the end of Jan at least, give him a chance when he would have got some. With Europa League and Moses to ACON this Jan I'd actually not be surprised if he'd get the same amount of appearances here.

Anyway, best of luck to him. Moving away from Piazon, I wonder what the club are planning. We must be looking to buy a player this Jan then, yet another no.10 as the club for some reason have out themselves in that situation. Our targets bar Willian are all fleeting away. Plus, say we got Isco/Willian or whoever, we could quite easily be looking at having Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Isco/whoever, Piazon, KDB(depending on where he's played), all competing for the same 3 spots. This is not even thinking about Kakuta, Benayoun..though they will most likely go. Hmm...

Exactly this! Would have liked him to stay with us till the rest of the season, get the odd minutes off the bench in the cups and EL and play with the reserves and NextGen series then loan him out to the championship next season. He only just started to get used to English football, why loan him abroad? I fear we are rushing things with him. But good luck to him in Spain.

Just arrived at the hotel in Málaga , spent all day at the club and now is everything ready to start training! Tks everyone for the support

Gracias a los fans de Malaga por las mensagens

Bit suspicious about this move, I don't think hes anywhere near ready for a team of that quality, no offence to him. Thought the championship or a lower PL club would have been better. Or a lower La Liga team. Hopefully not another Josh at Swansea loan.

Bit suspicious about this move, I don't think hes anywhere near ready for a team of that quality, no offence to him. Thought the championship or a lower PL club would have been better. Or a lower La Liga team. Hopefully not another Josh at Swansea loan.

Or if we are in for Isco are they lining up a Piazon and cash deal? Or swop?

Not trying to sound harsh - but take away his nationality and his similar appearance to Kaka for a moment. Let's pretend he's English and his name is Bob Stewart or something.

What is he actually good at? What makes people think he's good enough to even be on our bench? This isn't a rhetorical question but a genuine one.

From what I've seen, his passing is average, pace is slightly above average, shooting is quite bad, vision is great, dribbling is slightly above average, control and first touch are kinda crap apart from the odd wonder-movement, and that's all I can think of really. Is great vision really enough?

I would have loved him to go to the spanish league, but I would have liked it to be a bottom team there, or at least bottom half- mid level. Malaga is a quality team that already has a good attacking midfield...I can't see him getting a lot there. I'd rather play him every odd game here at Chelsea than for him to play every odd game at Malaga.

But if he does get to play a lot, it will be great experience, so hopefully we know what we're doing on moves like this.

Not trying to sound harsh - but take away his nationality and his similar appearance to Kaka for a moment. Let's pretend he's English and his name is Bob Stewart or something.

What is he actually good at? What makes people think he's good enough to even be on our bench? This isn't a rhetorical question but a genuine one.

From what I've seen, his passing is average, pace is slightly above average, shooting is quite bad, vision is great, dribbling is slightly above average, control and first touch are kinda crap apart from the odd wonder-movement, and that's all I can think of really. Is great vision really enough?

Josh is similar in his strengths and weaknes. Except the physic part. And I would say josh is more hyped than piazon.

I don't think you've watched Piazon closely enough........at all

Unpopular opinion here, sorru, but I agree. Not that he isn't a good talent - but the whole fact he is a young playmaker from Brazil generally makes people overrate him. I remember when we wee first looking to sign him, no one had even heard of him but quite alot of people were saying he would be going straight into the first team, (not necessarily on this forum). And his first few months in England were actually quite poor, it was not until the latter stages of the FAYC that he grew into things and showed some of his talent, but he somehow automatically became our reserves' best player. He has also looked pretty poor in his first team appearances so far(bar Villa). Generally I find he always over dribbles the ball, both at youth and the couple of starts he had, will get past one and then panics, becomes indicisive, and dribbles into a defender. Once he learns when to release it he can become a good player.