Lucas Piazón

the wes

What an odd move... this honestly surprises me more than when we signed Torres..

I understand Malaga are facing financial troubles so loans are a good idea, but Piazon!? He's made 1 league appearance in his career so far! When did Malaga get the chance to scout him!? I'm thinking he may be put into their "B" team or reserves or however they do stuff over there, unless of course that would've been specifically stated if it was the case.

Malaga are probably the 3rd best team in La Liga (takeaway Falcao and there's no way Atletico are 3rd best), so this is just.. yeah. Hope it works out.

It would depend, I don't think he will get much play time if he is unable to make an impact in his first few substitute appearances - on the other hand I think Piazon is far more suited to play regularly in La Liga than in the EPL. Just as Josh found out during his loan at Swansea, physical and defensive preparation are quite important for mid table teams in the Premiership. I guess whether the loan is successful would also depend on what other business Malaga does during the transfer window - they are in the Champions League and they will have to rotate their squad if they want to do well in the League and CL.

That is what will come down to, Piazon needs to contribute and make a impact right away. Pellegrini and Malaga are not interested developing Piazon since he is there for six months, and only will play him if he perform right away.

Josh struggled early and Gylfi who was also loaned made his impact from the beginning. Tbf to Josh his problem was lack of fitness he barely played for the first team and secondly he was not even part of the reserves. It was a tough task, asking him to match Swansea intensity level and a side in the midst of fighting regulation.

Well Malaga has some great players in attacking three. With Isco, Eliseu (having very good season on left side) and Juaquin (experienced spanish player) plus Portillo and Buannanote in subs, Piazon will have to play very good. Unless Pellegrini gives him lot of play time or Piazon explodes in first match, I dont see him play much...But we might get surprised...