Lucas Piazón

the wes

But he is getting regular football. NextGen and U21 can't be a lot worse than league one.

League 1 can be a stepping stone for a Championship loan then a premier league one (just like it was for that lad at spuddles).

if we have designs on bringing him through he will have to go on loan at some point, teams challenging for top honours just don't throw in youth players with no first team experience and make them first team regular.

its ok you've already got my vote ......I suppose I could switch .

I do? Well, then never mind :P

if we have designs on bringing him through he will have to go on loan at some point,

Don't know why that has to be the rule? The perfect senario, in my head, would be him getting the odd bench place now, which he is bound to get as we are short on strikers. A couple of good sub performances can lead to a more regular bench place. Then, more consistent good performances from the bench can lead to him being given the odd start here and there in the league. The better he plays the more starts he gets until he becomes a starter.

I know it's a bit optimistic, but there absolutely no reason why that can't happen during the next 3 seasons.

I do? Well, then never mind :P

Don't know why that has to be the rule? The perfect senario, in my head, would be him getting the odd bench place now, which he is bound to get as we are short on strikers. A couple of good sub performances can lead to a more regular bench place. Then, more consistent good performances from the bench can lead to him being given the odd start here and there in the league. The better he plays the more starts he gets until he becomes a starter.

I know it's a bit optimistic, but there absolutely no reason why that can't happen during the next 3 seasons.

It doesn't work that way, its the same for every top club challenging for trophies.

Fergie didn't even bother trying to integrate Welbeck and Cleverly until they went out on loan and proved themself's. It's just too high pressured an environment for the top team's to throw young players in out of nowhere these days, the only exception to the rule is Barcelona.

Piazon may get the odd sub appearance if he stays, but he won't be a regular until he has had atleast 2 great loan spells in the Championship (Bertrand) or 1 great loan spell in the Prem (Danny).

I'm kind of glad the majority think Piazon is overrated and that he isn't rated that highly, no ones really expecting big things from him.

Keeps the pressure off the kid, allows him to build upon the decent talent he has already.

seems he is collecting his haters already :ph34r:

Yeah what the fuck is it with the negativity on here about our prospects????

Here's how it will play out....

He'll get slagged off, leave, join a smaller club, become a star and then all the haters will be up in arms - why don't we develop our youth, another missed opportunity etc.

Unlike Kakuta this guy has real promise...

I don't know what's happened to Kakuta, but he looks like an imposter... He hasnt sneaked off on holiday and left his bro with us has he?

Kakuta was much more impressive when he was thè same age as Piazon at reserve level...

What Kakuta doesn't have and what Piazon does seem to have is the mentality to succeed at the top level. Kakuta might be naturally more talented, but he can't seem to marry that talent with the right mentality to succeed yet.

That's why I think Piazon might be able to make it at CFC.

Yeah what the fuck is it with the negativity on here about our prospects????

Here's how it will play out....

He'll get slagged off, leave, join a smaller club, become a star and then all the haters will be up in arms - why don't we develop our youth, another missed opportunity etc.

Unlike Kakuta this guy has real promise...

I don't know what's happened to Kakuta, but he looks like an imposter... He hasnt sneaked off on holiday and left his bro with us has he?

When was the last player who we let go and went on to become a star somewhere else? Paizon will get his chance to show if he has enough quality to play for Chelsea and if he is good enough, he'll play, and if he's not, he won't. There is some negativity, but I also think a lot of it is a response to the ridiculous levels of optimism about our young players. You take every single young player we have who is being loaned out, with our youth team, etc...and the chances are that maybe zero to one of them becomes good enough to be a Chelsea regular. That's not negativity, that's just the way football works. (As we well know, we have developed about one great player and only a handful of squad players over the past decade.) It's annoying because people are always trying to replace proven internationals with our youth team players and it doesn't work like that. It's fun to speculate on players' futures but until someone has prolonged success at a high level, it's really not worth paying too much attention to them.

When was the last player who we let go and went on to become a star somewhere else? Paizon will get his chance to show if he has enough quality to play for Chelsea and if he is good enough, he'll play, and if he's not, he won't. There is some negativity, but I also think a lot of it is a response to the ridiculous levels of optimism about our young players. You take every single young player we have who is being loaned out, with our youth team, etc...and the chances are that maybe zero to one of them becomes good enough to be a Chelsea regular. That's not negativity, that's just the way football works. (As we well know, we have developed about one great player and only a handful of squad players over the past decade.) It's annoying because people are always trying to replace proven internationals with our youth team players and it doesn't work like that. It's fun to speculate on players' futures but until someone has prolonged success at a high level, it's really not worth paying too much attention to them.

I guess we are all talking about Potential...

It's a subjective thing.

We don't however, have a consistent policy of 'blooding youth' in the team.

This IMHO has been caused by the manager merry-go-round over the past years.

We (pains me to say it) need to adopt Arsenals way of blooding youngsters.

Scott Sinclair would be a good example of a player we didn't really rate - who now has an opportunity at making it big.

Other teams (and teams in other countries) can produce a conveyor belt of talented youngsters, we need to do the same.

If they don't end up playing for us, at least we can sell them, recover the costs of training and help balance te books.

But my problem is, we never give them the platform to succeed :(

Just my opinion tho...

I believe that RDM will give him ample chances this season.Enough chances to ignite a loan interest from the low ranked teams in the premier league.

All would probably come in the cup games. Can't see him feature in the Champions League except maybe against Nordsjaelland. Likely to play in the Carling Cup and if we go far, then he will certainly play a lot.

All would probably come in the cup games. Can't see him feature in the Champions League except maybe against Nordsjaelland. Likely to play in the Carling Cup and if we go far, then he will certainly play a lot.

yeah hence why I really want us to win the Carling Cup.