Lucas Piazón

the wes

Let him play in the next gen series then next season he can have a loan stint, after that his skills will be developed ready for a shot at the first team, its too early now.

No reason why he can't still do all of the above. As LDN pointed our, getting him "registered" doesn't mean a lot.

I guess I'm the only one on here who doesn't see much special with this guy.

If he didn't look a little bit like Kaka (Let's say he swapped appearances with..Conor Clifford) and came from anywhere but South America or Spain; I'm sure he wouldn't be getting even half the hype he's receiving.

Go ahead now - Flame me for voicing an opinion :ph34r:

If he didn't look a little bit like Kaka (Let's say he swapped appearances with..Conor Clifford) and came from anywhere but South American or Spain; I'm sure he wouldn't be getting even half the hype he's receiving.

You are not alone. I dont think hes anywhere near the first team. Weve got lots of youngsters that deserves more than him, like Mceachran

You are not alone. I dont think hes anywhere near the first team. Weve got lots of youngsters that deserves more than him, like Mceachran

We have long established that here at CFC a player's profile is more important than his ability. Piazon was being labeled the new Kaka and chased by all the big club in Europe when we signed him, that's why he will get a chance before any talents from our own academy. The same goes for Lukaku who was unfairly chosen in our preseason matches over Patrick Bamford who was doing much better than Lukaku in the reserves.

We have long established that here at CFC a player's profile is more important than his ability. Piazon was being labeled the new Kaka and chased by all the big club in Europe when we signed him, that's why he will get a chance before any talents from our own academy. The same goes for Lukaku who was unfairly chosen in our preseason matches over Patrick Bamford who was doing much better than Lukaku in the reserves.

How long has Bamford been with academy again?...Definitely not longer than Lukaku, and anybody that watch Romelu with the reserves could clearly see he was above that level, didn't he score like 5 in 3games one time? From the games I saw he was pretty good for the reserves, I haven't seen much of Bamford who just came in January...

I am not trying to over hype Piazon or nothing, but him, Nathaniel and Feruz were stunning in the FA Youth Cup race, he plays well for the reserves also, and played well and scored in preseason for the first team, playing less than in CF as ladyboy...I think he gradually proved himself to managers through the ranks in a short time and should be given a shot if the opportunity arises...I believe the Kaka resemblance leads to people giving him unfair criticisms, because they expect the see a performance from an 18yr old resembling that of a former Ballon D or in his prime...Was there any player in the entire Youth Cup that was better than this kid?...

He definitely need to play the Next Gen Series and the U18 and U21 league, but I don't think he is a going on loan anytime soon...If I recall correctly, he said chelsea doesn't plan on loaning him out, in an interview..

P.S He has also been here longer than Bamford

I have to admit i am realy looking forward to seeing piazon in the 1st team this season! i know he wont have much game time but he realy is an extremely exciting prospect! plays alot like kaka but alot younger and potentialy could be better just hope hes given the oppurtunity to impress:)

If he didn't look a little bit like Kaka (Let's say he swapped appearances with..Conor Clifford) and came from anywhere but South America or Spain; I'm sure he wouldn't be getting even half the hype he's receiving.

you are entitled to your opinion but no need to disrespect those who have been impressed by his play. What he looks like or comes from is

irrelevant

• 2 weeks later...

What's this I hear about plans to loan him to Palace? I really think he should stay here this year, play with the U21s and participate in the NextGen league. And with Lukaku loaned out, he could seriously get some minutes with the first team in Carling cup matches and some 10-15mins sub cameos.

I don't want him anywhere near the first team, not yet.

Kakuta and McEachran had decent cameo's at the start and expectation's for both went through the roof, i'd rather Piazon plays in the next gen series this year aswell as the reformed reserve league, then next season goes on loan.

Kakuta and McEachran had decent cameo's at the start and expectation's for both went through the roof, i'd rather Piazon plays in the next gen series this year aswell as the reformed reserve league, then next season goes on loan.

NOT ON LOAN

I agree about the first part but I have my reservations about loans. The thing with loans is they either make or break a player, and unfortunately it is the latter most of the times. I personally would love to see him play with the U21 for two season while being slowly integrated with the first team.

I agree about the first part but I have my reservations about loans. The thing with loans is they either make or break a player, and unfortunately it is the latter most of the times. I personally would love to see him play with the U21 for two season while being slowly integrated with the first team.

you have expressed well why I said "NOT ON LOAN"

Were have to find him somewhere he is guarentee'd playing time, even if that means starting in League one, a bit like Spurs with that Caulkler guy.

you have expressed well why I said "NOT ON LOAN"

That's what I'm here for! :D

Were have to find him somewhere he is guarentee'd playing time, even if that means starting in League one, a bit like Spurs with that Caulkler guy.

But he is getting regular football. NextGen and U21 can't be a lot worse than league one.