Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

no. people are still moaning because our loan system is BOGUS. nothing goes on merit.it just a business scheme for profit and a way around FFP.

anyone thinking that bamford would get a chance next season on his performances at palace is as deluded and misguided as i have been for the past 4-5 years since we started this.

I have to say i agree 100% with this. Surely these kids and there agents know that as soon as you sign for Chelsea there's the probability that you'll never kick a ball for us. It must be disheartening to have a huge life changing deal to play with a massive club when in reality you'll be spending it at a run of the mill Dutch club.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Madmax (sorry cant do a quote)

"We cannot make someone from the Championship out third Striker"

Bamford was the best player in the Championship and not just any striker ... The place he should have got is that of the third striker because he deserves it ... instead we get a striker who probably has past his prime and had a bad season ... What is the sense in that? We talk about youth and then we go back ...

Other thing that a lot of us keep stating ... player has to prove to get into the 11 ... What else is there to be proved from Bamford ... I feel he was very lucky that he atleast got a chance to showcase his talent which lot of others haven't ... and yes he taken it with both hands ... Now he is loaned to Crystal Palace, what happens if the loan goes like that of Josh... The momentum is gone and suddenly no ones talking abt it ... Josh is a classic example ...

Food for thought: Why is it that RLC is not out on loan while the likes of Ake, Bamford, Chalaboh, Kalas need to undergo loan spell and prove themselves.

That my 2 cents on this entire integrating youth thing ... And like you mentioned that u were hopeful, same with me but with every passing season that is just sailing away ...

You need to ask yourself how much Bamford would play as third striker. I know Drogba got quite a few games but will we see another season of Costa and Remy being injured so much? I'm not sure if Palace is the right team for him since he does have a lot of competition there but presumably something's been worked out because the club it seems does see something in him. Had we signed a striker permanently I'd be concerned too but Falcao is here for the short term.

I don't disagree with u ... It is risk and maybe a huge one ...

But then again isn't it better that he be part of the team which is managed by one of best in the world and when he get a chance (which he will) he can rise to occasion ... maybe and just maybe if he performs like he has done elsewhere he could very well be a second striker next season ... I would rather have him here and give him chances 20-25% game time in terms of dead rubbers & subs than send him to place where he is not considered as their own ... Builds confidence on the youth .. and more important the progress should be gradual which I don't think currently is ...

Food for thought: Why is it that RLC is not out on loan while the likes of Ake, Bamford, Chalaboh, Kalas need to undergo loan spell and prove themselves

I agree mate. RLC seems to be one of Mous personal projects just like Falcao. People are jumping on the RLC hype train and all the lad has played is a few minutes. Hes not getting any experience (opposite to Bamfordino) trotting out for 8 minutes and watching the game from the bench. He would have done himaself and us much more good getting top class playing time elsewhere and trying again next season. Or is it just because hes HG hes with us and easy to control as a kid?

I have to say i agree 100% with this. Surely these kids and there agents know that as soon as you sign for Chelsea there's the probability that you'll never kick a ball for us. It must be disheartening to have a huge life changing deal to play with a massive club when in reality you'll be spending it at a run of the mill Dutch club.

Im sorry to say bruv I'm with you.

IF I was a young player full of prospect and skills unless I was promised a 1st team spot there wouldnt be a chance on earth I would sign for us.I know we as a club have found that its possible to make a few quid on the loanagoround IF they get media attention but the likelyhood of the playing in Chelsea blue is very limited.

We would have much better chances to keep them for their 1st year, give them a FAIR go, and see how it went then.

Ive been trying to think of young players we have brought in, played them for years and made money on their sales that way.

no. people are still moaning because our loan system is BOGUS. nothing goes on merit.it just a business scheme for profit and a way around FFP.

anyone thinking that bamford would get a chance next season on his performances at palace is as deluded and misguided as i have been for the past 4-5 years since we started this.

Who realistically thinks Chelsea are going to use a player who was loaned out to Crystal Palace next season though honestly? Anyone who thinks that is a bit deluded. Why would we weaken our squad, not signing Falcao to use a Championship player? Because hes English and came through our academy (or was bought and put into our academy)??? Bullshit.

People are always complaining about our loan system but without it and the funds we make through selling players from it would we have been able to have signed all of these guys we've brought in in recent times like Matic, Costa, Fabregas and the rest, without having to face any sanctions?

Probably not.

I think even if we don't promote many youth players or guys we buy at 17 or 18 from other clubs, we are making A LOT of money for them and that is in my eyes if you look at it, is just as good for Chelsea as it is bringing players through business wise, as we can still invest a lot and not have to worry about fines or reduced 25 man squads in Europe etc etc linked with FFP.

Football is a sport but it also a business and always has been. Also since Roman has been here how many players have we sold that have gone on to have proved us wrong for selling them as well as being successful with their next club? Robben is the only one I can think of who was genuinely worth keeping and Ballack although he was released not sold. Sturridge and De Bruyne weren't worth keeping here and although they've done well in other teams how many titles have they won? Lukaku the same? How much money did we get for them? Maybe 65M or close enough combined...

Who realistically thinks Chelsea are going to use a player who was loaned out to Crystal Palace next season though honestly? Anyone who thinks that is a bit deluded, because realistically he will probably go on loan again after this season and maybe even the one after too depending how he does or sold unless he is remarkable and improves into a top 4/title challenging team level player.

I don't think we should weaken our squad to incorporate championship level players to be honest and anyone expecting we would use Bamford this year before he was loaned out really had to be dreaming.

So basically you just agreed to evrything I said with a angry mean tone to it. And if we are not going to use champiomships player of the season, then as I said, our loan system is BOGUS.

So basically you just agreed to evrything I said with a angry mean tone to it. And if we are not going to use champiomships player of the season, then as I said, our loan system is BOGUS.

Yes I did but I'm just trying to come across and say ANYONE who is realistically expecting us to use Championship players in a squad where we are trying to win the CL, the league and domestic cups is having a laugh. Theres no point giving him a chance because if he was good enough he'd of spent a season already in the PL on loan. There is a decent progression in his development hes gone from League 1 to the Championship and now hes going to hopefully be a regular in the PL in a team that will be comfortable in terms of safety. No point saying our system is bogus because guys are coming through that are at a high standard now after a few loans as well so we are definitely making profit/having ready made players if we keep them. Thats why I don't see why its so bogus because if we can get someone for 6M and develop him and sell him for 19M as hes not regularly playing here/not impressed the coach or whatever then why not? 13M profit straight up...

Yes I did but I'm just trying to come across and say ANYONE who is realistically expecting us to use Championship players in a squad where we are trying to win the CL, the league and domestic cups is having a laugh. Theres no point giving him a chance because if he was good enough he'd of spent a season already in the PL on loan. There is a decent progression in his development hes gone from League 1 to the Championship and now hes going to hopefully be a regular in the PL in a team that will be comfortable in terms of safety. No point saying our system is bogus because guys are coming through that are at a high standard now after a few loans as well so we are definitely making profit/having ready made players if we keep them. Thats why I don't see why its so bogus because if we can get someone for 6M and develop him and sell him for 19M as hes not regularly playing here/not impressed the coach or whatever then why not? 13M profit straight up...

so the championship player of the (not just ANY PLAYER in championship) is not good enough to be our 3rd striker!!! seriously. morgan schneiderlein was apparently a league 1 or league 2 player some years ago, right now, each of us would want him in our team.

also, lets look at it this way. kdb , bought for 6, sold for 17. profit of 11mil. chelsea buys one creative player in cesc for 30mil. chelsea fans currently are cribbing for some quality creative signing which should cost us 20mil. if we dont make that signing, i dont see us winning cl (at max a semi) and may even lose PL. so theres that 20mil difference again. so as i see it, we might have made a profit for the sake of the numbers. but in reality, we are making losses by not using them for the club's benefit.

so the championship player of the (not just ANY PLAYER in championship) is not good enough to be our 3rd striker!!! seriously. morgan schneiderlein was apparently a league 1 or league 2 player some years ago, right now, each of us would want him in our team.

also, lets look at it this way. kdb , bought for 6, sold for 17. profit of 11mil. chelsea buys one creative player in cesc for 30mil. chelsea fans currently are cribbing for some quality creative signing which should cost us 20mil. if we dont make that signing, i dont see us winning cl (at max a semi) and may even lose PL. so theres that 20mil difference again. so as i see it, we might have made a profit for the sake of the numbers. but in reality, we are making losses by not using them for the club's benefit.

Championship player, championship player o the year... doesn't make a difference its a totally different level. Morgan Schneiderlin played for Southampton and went up the levels with them, so what? Not everyone is Morgan Schneiderlin or Harry Kane (who if he hadn't had that season last year nobody would be too bothered about Bamford not being in the squad).

Championship player, championship player o the year... doesn't make a difference its a totally different level. Morgan Schneiderlin played for Southampton and went up the levels with them, so what? Not everyone is Morgan Schneiderlin or Harry Kane (who if he hadn't had that season last year nobody would be too bothered about Bamford not being in the squad).

PL player (hill), PL player of the season (hazard) - seriously? does not make a difference?

not everyone is morgan but there are some who are. but we will never know, would we.

PL player (hill), PL player of the season (hazard) - seriously? does not make a difference?

not everyone is morgan but there are some who are. but we will never know, would we.

It does in the PL but nobody in the Championship would get a game here is what I am trying to say....

A poorly thought out loan move rears its ugly head again. I'm willing to bet he will not start more than 4 games at best all season.

If he can't force his way in ahead of Wickham and Campbell (two painfully averages strikers) then he won't make it here and won't deserve too either.

If he's a good as we hope he will be/is he will e above those clowns from minute one.