Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He looks good but right now Lukaku is a better striker. Bamford has performed on loan in L1 and the Championship. Lukaku has got into double figures in the prem for 2 seasons running. You see the difference? The PL is much more competitive than the Championship. You can't also base much on friendlies because even last season Lukaku was our top scorer in friendlies iirc. I like Bamford but let's not jump to conclusions yet because he is not in the same league as Lukaku currently and has not been tested in the PL which is much more difficult.

Lukaku scored half of his goals from penalty.

If Torres scored all our penalty last season he would be double figure too but that wouldn't make him better than he is.

If Torres scored all our penalty last season he would be double figure too but that wouldn't make him better than he is.

oh really? so baines died? or was he dropped from everton?

all of lukaku's goal for everton

whu -1

newcastle -2

city-1

villa -1

pool -2

stoke-1

soton-1

whu-1

swansea-1

cardiff-1

newcastle -1

arsenal-1

city-1

fa cup-

arsenal-1

all in all 15 goals last season in PL and 1 in fa cup and NOT ONE OF THEM FROM PENALTIES!!! "scores half his goals from the penalty"... atleast get your facts right man!!! its one thing not to like a certain player but another to say absolutely idiotic things about him which are just WRONG!!!

lukaku's wba goals

pool-1

reading-1

newcastle-1

sunderland-1(pen)

swansea-1

norwich-1

fulham-1

readin-2

pool-1

sunderland-2 (one pen)

swansea-1

soton-1

united-3

17 goals, 2 pens

all in all, in the last 2 seasons on loan, lukaku has scored a total of 33 goals (16+17) and 2 of them have been penalties. "half his goals are penalties"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i still cant get over this statement!!!!

lukaku's wba goals

pool-1

reading-1

newcastle-1

sunderland-1(pen)

swansea-1

norwich-1

fulham-1

readin-2

pool-1

sunderland-2 (one pen)

swansea-1

soton-1

united-3

17 goals, 2 pens

all in all, in the last 2 seasons on loan, lukaku has scored a total of 33 goals (16+17) and 2 of them have been penalties. "half his goals are penalties"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i still cant get over this statement!!!!

remember ALL Lampards goals came from penalties or deflections :ph34r:

i mean i myself would love to see bamford make it big here!!! but someone who has played in the league1 and championship in the last 2 seasons and has still been outscored by lukaku (33 to 29) while lukaku played for wba which finished 8th in the PL and everton that finished 5th in PL and were within touching distance of CL spot is been said to be not as good!!! i mean seriously there is something wrong going on here!!!

Another one we are going to ruin because of a stupid loan, just like Chalobah last season his past the championship level and he needs a EPL loan now otherwise his career will stagnate just like every other prospect in the last 8 years has done

i mean i myself would love to see bamford make it big here!!! but someone who has played in the league1 and championship in the last 2 seasons and has still been outscored by lukaku (33 to 29) while lukaku played for wba which finished 8th in the PL and everton that finished 5th in PL and were within touching distance of CL spot is been said to be not as good!!! i mean seriously there is something wrong going on here!!!

maybe it has to do more with his attitude than his ability.

maybe it has to do more with his attitude than his ability.

He is.no worse than Lukaku - backica

If Torres scored all our penalty last season he would be double figure too but that wouldn't make him better than he is. - sherry33

i dont see attitude anywhere? these guys straightforward are doubting lukaku's ability!!!

please no,,his level is not in championship again. only PL will improved him...

The Championship is a tough place - there's immense competition and every game is a battle - it's hard to shine in the Championship - so I don't mind him developing there for a season.

If he can tough it out there and still score. He will have a future in the EPL...

oh really? so baines died? or was he dropped from everton?

all of lukaku's goal for everton

whu -1

newcastle -2

city-1

villa -1

pool -2

stoke-1

soton-1

whu-1

swansea-1

cardiff-1

newcastle -1

arsenal-1

city-1

fa cup-

arsenal-1

all in all 15 goals last season in PL and 1 in fa cup and NOT ONE OF THEM FROM PENALTIES!!! "scores half his goals from the penalty"... atleast get your facts right man!!! its one thing not to like a certain player but another to say absolutely idiotic things about him which are just WRONG!!!

Yeah i now checked, i thought there were a lot more from pen kick for whatever reason.

Anyway, yes i dislike Lukaku even thought i didn't mean to throw that thing at him on purpose just had the feeling he scored a lot more from pen.

Thing is we have Costa who does everything Lukaku does and way better. While i watched only 3-4 matches of him and other highlights i can say his passing is poor and same can be said about his defensive skills. He can't create a goal on his own even if his life depends on it and if he does it rarely happens. Lately he got annoying outside of the field also in my opinion.

As a little edit to my post after i checked your last reply, no he doesn't have talent to become one of the best and even 40% serious Balotelli would be better than him.

Bamford on the otherside if given proper training for development will be one of the best.

Don't take this offensively but please do your research because that is rubbish.

Yeah i now checked, i thought there were a lot more from pen kick for whatever reason.

Anyway, yes i dislike Lukaku even thought i didn't mean to throw that thing at him on purpose just had the feeling he scored a lot more from pen.

Thing is we have Costa who does everything Lukaku does and way better. While i watched only 3-4 matches of him and other highlights i can say his passing is poor and same can be said about his defensive skills. He can't create a goal on his own even if his life depends on it and if he does it rarely happens. Lately he got annoying outside of the field also in my opinion.

creates something out of nothing and in the other one scores from a half chance.

costa is better than lukaku, torres, 36 year old DD and bamford. so does that mean we dont need any of them? every striker goes thru a lean patch. costa will too. even in a good patch their might be matches where we are tied at 0-0 and need a second striker to come in and change the game, lukaku would be perfect for that. remeber his performance against pool (for wba) in the 3-0 win when he came off the bench, or his performance against usa in the WC!!!

dzeko is no where as good as aguero in anything yet being the 3rd striker, he was one of the main reasons for city winning the PL. thats what good options do for u.

ps - a serious question. did u just go to whoscored.com and see lukaku's weaknesses listed as "passing" and "defensive contribution" and simply reproduced it here??? cos any1 who knows lukaku would easily say that his passing is fine, but his main weakness is his first touch which is probably championship-striker level.

creates something out of nothing and in the other one scores from a half chance.

costa is better than lukaku, torres, 36 year old DD and bamford. so does that mean we dont need any of them? every striker goes thru a lean patch. costa will too. even in a good patch their might be matches where we are tied at 0-0 and need a second striker to come in and change the game, lukaku would be perfect for that. remeber his performance against pool (for wba) in the 3-0 win when he came off the bench, or his performance against usa in the WC!!!

dzeko is no where as good as aguero in anything yet being the 3rd striker, he was one of the main reasons for city winning the PL. thats what good options do for u.

ps - a serious question. did u just go to whoscored.com and see lukaku's weaknesses listed as "passing" and "defensive contribution" and simply reproduced it here??? cos any1 who knows lukaku would easily say that his passing is fine, but his main weakness is his first touch which is probably championship-striker level.

While I don't nessaserialy agree with Sherrys point, using a couple of clips doesn't mean that's what he always does.

There's s 30 second clip of Mata going on a mazy run vs City and nutmegging Kompany but we all know as Chelsea fans that Juan was anonymous vs City every single time.

The Championship is a tough place - there's immense competition and every game is a battle - it's hard to shine in the Championship - so I don't mind him developing there for a season.

If he can tough it out there and still score. He will have a future in the EPL...

Fact is he spent a lot of time for Derby on the wing too. Bamford just has that knack for scoring, but he's also a better footballer than Lukaku.

Are you seriously comparing Dzeko to Lukaku?

Dzeko would easily be our 2nd striker imo i think he could even challenge Costa in the starting line up. Or maybe thats my opinion about him.

Lukaku does create goals but as i said it rarely happens. He is just a pussy in my opinion runned off last year after missing a pen kick when he could have stayed and establise himself here. Now he is whining because he is not good enough.

Funny you talk about the USA match he was poor in all matches. Even Torres won the Golden Boot back in Euro 2012 and he was shitty.

I usually check whoscored, and i really think his passing and defending is poor (even Torres looks better) more to it as you said his first touch is also crap, his mentality also looks fragile.

I guess you can call me a typical hater but i loved him when he came here the first time but with each month i started to dislike him more and more.

While I don't nessaserialy agree with Sherrys point, using a couple of clips doesn't mean that's what he always does.

There's s 30 second clip of Mata going on a mazy run vs City and nutmegging Kompany but we all know ad Chelsea fans that Juan was anonymous vs City every single time.

did u see the goal where lukaku goes past jamie? or his run against USA in the WC! lukaku running at a tired defence is PERFECT for closing out games. those clips are just examples. lukaku does create something out of nothing specially when the opponent is chasing. as for him scoring 50-50 chances, it should not even be up for debate.