Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a striker, I think he can go out on loan. How good he is will be based on his assists or goals. it is easier for a striker to do that compared to say a midfielder on loan.

• 1 month later...

Not unexpected but would have liked to see Bamford be our 3rd choice ST for the upcoming season. Oh well.

He'd barely get a kick if he stayed here as back up to Costa and Torres or Lukaku. The odd 20 minutes on a rare occasion he's on the bench.

I just hope we're not rushing him with a PL loan. I honestly would have preferred he spends a season in the championship at a team that is guaranteed to play him as a starter.

This is my gutt instinct too. A full year at Derby, where don't forget he wasn't an automatic starter every game there, would be far more beneficial to him than being on the bench or perhaps starting a team where he barely sees the ball and loses most weeks.

Mourinho is keen to see Bamford working alongside Costa & Torres but plans to loan him to continue his development #CFC (Evening Standard)

Bamford made a big impression among #CFC coaching staff and is considered a genuine prospect for the first team in future (Evening Standard)

QPR keen on luring Patrick Bamford from Stamford Bridge [on loan] #CFC #QPRFC (Evening Standard)

Chuffed for the kid that he's made a good impression! Hopefully he can be our next breakout star. Don't send him to QPR though, Rio 'tweeting camelface' Ferdinand will infect him with his twat-like tendencies.

He's very good on the ball. If we lost Lukaku then I think this guy could very well benefit because he has a wonderful maturity and dedication to his game.

I will accept AFOTT any fucker other than Torres ... but not sure Pat is ready yet

He is.no worse than Lukaku

..we didn't pay him 15 mil so there is no hype around him

I love his.first touch, tehnique, movements..just clasical striker. Hope to see him in the first team next year...if we didn't get drogba back he would be our third striker...in my opinion..

He is.no worse than Lukaku

..we didn't pay him 15 mil so there is no hype around him

I love his.first touch, tehnique, movements..just clasical striker. Hope to see him in the first team next year...if we didn't get drogba back he would be our third striker...in my opinion..

He looks good but right now Lukaku is a better striker. Bamford has performed on loan in L1 and the Championship. Lukaku has got into double figures in the prem for 2 seasons running. You see the difference? The PL is much more competitive than the Championship. You can't also base much on friendlies because even last season Lukaku was our top scorer in friendlies iirc. I like Bamford but let's not jump to conclusions yet because he is not in the same league as Lukaku currently and has not been tested in the PL which is much more difficult.