Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes, all a player need is the chance to prove himself (or herself). You only have to look at Harry Kane as an example. Didn't shine during his time out on loan and early in his Spurs career. But when he was given the chance to show what he can do around end of 2014, he took it and has never looked back since.

6 minutes ago, DANILA said:

if he couldn't break into a role at CP, why do you guys expect him to play well at cfc?

because teams where players go on loan, them prefer to give more time at your player that give an opportunity to players on loan since isn't a them player!

3 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

because teams where players go on loan, them prefer to give more time at your player that give an opportunity to players on loan since isn't a them player!

english pls? or russian lol

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Let's not take the piss out of someone who isn't as fluent in English as others please. It's easy to understand what he's trying to get at. 

Sorry - I saw he/she is from USA so I assumed his/her english should be fine.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Sometimes, all a player need is the chance to prove himself (or herself). You only have to look at Harry Kane as an example. Didn't shine during his time out on loan and early in his Spurs career. But when he was given the chance to show what he can do around end of 2014, he took it and has never looked back since.

Kane is the exception rather than the rule, using Kane as an example as to why we should give player chances is akin to using Fergie as evidence of why managers should be given time.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Kane is the exception rather than the rule, using Kane as an example as to why we should give player chances is akin to using Fergie as evidence of why managers should be given time.

This!!! How many non-Kane stories are there? Very few. 

This season Kane has struggled a bit more - injuries etc. in my mind he still needs to do this over a few more seasons

but sad to say, Poch is a decent manager and has a pretty good young squad full of energy and running - it makes our team look really ridiculous :(

13 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

So If we sent a 21 year old Sturridge to Palace would he have been benched because Palace don't own him?

Palace strikers scored one goal (from a penalty) between them all season and Bamford didn't get a look in, that speaks volumes.

Eventually instead ofbashing the club we have to accept players aren't good for enough, before anyone quotes me saying how do you know if they won't get a chance? If that's how you think then how about we start Marco Amelia on Sunday against Arsenal?

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So If we sent a 21 year old Sturridge to Palace would he have been benched because Palace don't own him?

Palace strikers scored one goal (from a penalty) between them all season and Bamford didn't get a look in, that speaks volumes.

Eventually instead ofbashing the club we have to accept players aren't good for enough, before anyone quotes me saying how do you know if they won't get a chance? If that's how you think then how about we start Marco Amelia on Sunday against Arsenal?

Or me.

10 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

This!!! How many non-Kane stories are there? Very few. 

This season Kane has struggled a bit more - injuries etc. in my mind he still needs to do this over a few more seasons

but sad to say, Poch is a decent manager and has a pretty good young squad full of energy and running - it makes our team look really ridiculous :(

Could you please give a health warning on any posts that have nice things to say about that lot. It takes me days to recover from reading stuff like this. :(

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But Bamford could turn out to be a success like Kane, couldn't he? You can't turn around and say Bamford is 100% failure and that's why we shouldn't give him opportunities to show what he can do, especially when he has generally done well during his loans.

To be honest, I'm not even sure why some people are so averse to seeing Bamford getting chances in the first team. He's in our books and it's not like we have to go out and buy him from elsewhere.