Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I clearly did....but it proves that people shouldnt take pre season that seriously as its mainly about getting players back up to speed with their fitness levels and not about how they look when the team is playing at about 50-75%

The debate wasn't about fitness levels. Your point was about 'fitting in the system'. Preseason illustratie he did fit in imo.

The debate wasn't about fitness levels. Your point was about 'fitting in the system'. Preseason illustratie he did fit in imo.

and in my opinion you cannot tell whether some one seriously fits in until proper matches are played hence thats why I mentioned that pre season are only played at 50 - 75% i.e more time on the ball, not so much pressure, less tackles etc etc. Even Lukaku looked good in the same pre season

Are we really still going on about that one statement? Goodness...

We have no idea what happened between Jose and Kevin so we can't fully judge but regardless it was a bit unprofessional and childish from Kevin to give that answer publicly. He should have just said "I don't know" as the media and PR trainers tell him to.

and in my opinion you cannot tell whether some one seriously fits in until proper matches are played hence thats why I mentioned that pre season are only played at 50 - 75% i.e more time on the ball, not so much pressure, less tackles etc etc. Even Lukaku looked good in the same pre season

Well, you cannot claim one did NOT fit in according to your own logic. Which is what you did in your original statement.

Well, you cannot claim one did NOT fit in according to your own logic. Which is what you did in your original statement.

said he looked out of place........look at Swindon game for example.

However if your logic is that if players like kdb look great in pre season then that means they fit in...so be it.

Obviously the coaches and manager deemed to differ once the season got into full swing

said he looked out of place........look at Swindon game for example.

However if your logic is that if players like kdb look great in pre season then that means they fit in...so be it.

Obviously the coaches and manager deemed to differ once the season got into full swing

You said literally:

"he didnt work with the system at all"

Which is a pretty bold statement to make after a good preseason and very few competition games (in which he was out form like any player would be).

Now go pick a fight with someone else. You seem keen on it.

You are the one picking a fight....bold statement backed up by the manager.

Luxury players like him and Mata did not fit in

So much interpretation. He could just have had a row with Mou, which is far more likely. Your statement is in no way backed by the manager.

Even their current lineup has struggled for balance, always giving chances to opponents to score against them. Of the five in midfield you named there, only 1 or maybe 2 will/can defend. The rest won't even bother a jot.

Any idea where you can find info on clean sheet records? They only conceded 6 more goals than Chelsea.

You said literally:

"he didnt work with the system at all"

Which is a pretty bold statement to make after a good preseason and very few competition games (in which he was out form like any player would be).

Now go pick a fight with someone else. You seem keen on it.

The system being what was happening in training according to reports...him not liking the regime, being asked to do things he didnt like.

thats not fitting into the system.

Apart from that I didnt think he was all that once the season got going