Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

"He's not a player who takes the ball and starts dribbling, and likes to have the opponent in front of him. De Bruyne's super when he has the space on the counter attack, but at Bayern you usually only have three, four metres -- no huge spaces. But he is a good player, and he is still young. He can still learn."

Interesting comment from Ribery on KDB.

"He's not a player who takes the ball and starts dribbling, and likes to have the opponent in front of him. De Bruyne's super when he has the space on the counter attack, but at Bayern you usually only have three, four metres -- no huge spaces. But he is a good player, and he is still young. He can still learn."

Interesting comment from Ribery on KDB.

LOL Ribery is a bitter cunt. KDB is lightyears ahead of him already. All what is left for Ribery is the way down and he knows that. But he is right about one thing, KDB will never play for Bayern, nor will Hazard.

KDB better than Ribery? lightyears ahead? you got to be kidding.

I dont think Ribery is bitter, i think he's 100% right. In the end i think we'll all understand KDB isnt a world class talent, it will be very soon maybe. If some big team will sign him this summer, we'll see he needs the space to be affective, and he needs the team to be all around him (something that we'll never happen). But my guess is that no one will go for him, maybe City. The over-hyped kid of the moment, along with Kane.

LOL Ribery is a bitter cunt. KDB is lightyears ahead of him already. All what is left for Ribery is the way down and he knows that. But he is right about one thing, KDB will never play for Bayern, nor will Hazard.

Even I wouldn't say that. :P

KDB is not a Ribery replacement, Hazard is much more suited for that role, sorry guys. ;-)

I dont think Ribery is bitter, i think he's 100% right. In the end i think we'll all understand KDB isnt a world class talent, it will be very soon maybe. If some big team will sign him this summer, we'll see he needs the space to be affective, and he needs the team to be all around him (something that we'll never happen). But my guess is that no one will go for him, maybe City. The over-hyped kid of the moment, along with Kane.

And this is why, I'd imagine, we got rid of him. In the PL there is no space in the AM position against <15 placed teams, it's why Cesc prefers to play deep, while Oscar, at least before he goes away for a few months, is more direct and is less technical. The same applies to both KDB and Mata, and them playing there means that pressing would be a weak strategy, and also being liable to be pressed.

Look KDB isn't Hazard but bar Messi and Hazard very few players have those type of dribbling skills. However, KDB is still quite good in tight spaces so what Ribery is saying is complete rubbish. The point of difference is that KDB creates offense in creative forms. He's more of a Lampard type player.

Even I wouldn't say that. :P

KDB is not a Ribery replacement, Hazard is much more suited for that role, sorry guys. ;-)

Which is exactly what Ribery said in that interview. Thanks for repeating. I repeat: It doesn't matter who, be it KDB or Hazard, Ribery or even BAyern see as the successor to Ribery. Neither will ever play there.

He is. This season, Ribery has started to become ineffective. Has lost most of his pace and hence his ability to go past a defender. He still can get a goal or assist here and there but that is no match for the constant threat and force KDB has been in midfield for Wolfsburg. KDB dominates matches, Ribery can't do that anymore. In 3 days, Ribery will be 32 but his decline has long begun. Bayern won't make the mistake they did 10 years ago, holding on to proven but aging key players and as a consequence drifting down into mediocrity and Eurpean Irrelevance. They will replace Ribery with Griezman in 2016. Götze, Müller and Sinan Kurt will occupy Ribery's position next season mostly to phase him out.

So far KDB has provided 26 assists ... according to kicker.de

- 18 in 27 Bundesliga matches (and 9 goals)
- 2 in 3 DFB-Pokal matches
- 6 in 10 Europa League matches (and 5 goals)

That's 40 (assists or goals) in 40 matches.

Edit: Misimovic provided 20 assists in 33 Bundesliga matches ... almost there, Kevin

KDB is a counterattacking player, lol. KDB gives impossible passes that break the game open when it's completely locked. Ok, he can't dribble like Hazard and Messi, but his dribbling is still very good. But I wonder why Ribéry thinks he's a counterattacking player. Probably because he ruined Bayern with counters, but if you watch other games he does it also when Wolfsburg is the team in possession.

I'm I the only one who doesn't like that he has below 80% passes completed??

It starts to get ugly when all those risky passes keep getting misplaced for long match spells

Do you like forward thinking players or is it a safe back pass that makes you jump out of your seat?

Among the top BuLi players for assists KDB comes off well ... Mueller (71%; a pass success percentage lower than that of KDB) isn't nearly as constructive as KDB while Bayern have the highest pass accuracy in the BuLi, Junuzovic's pass success percentage is even below 70%, etc.

PS KDB's pass success percentage was over 80% in the EL and during the Brazil2014 campaign.

I think KDB is a Mata type of player, but even more of a risk taker but also better athlete.

He has limitations just like Mata where in some instances he would look poor while other times he'd look like the best player on the pitch.

He just needs to find the best fit for him. Don't think he should come back to Chelsea.

From all the top European teams, I reckon City would be the best fit for him as they don't ask much else of their attackers than just attacking. But then again you could argue, this is their downfall in cup competitions.

Do you like forward thinking players or is it a safe back pass that makes you jump out of your seat?

Among the top BuLi players for assists KDB comes off well ... Mueller (71%; a pass success percentage lower than that of KDB) isn't nearly as constructive as KDB while Bayern have the highest pass accuracy in the BuLi, Junuzovic's pass success percentage is even below 70%, etc.

PS KDB's pass success percentage was over 80% in the EL and during the Brazil2014 campaign.

Muller is a striker /forward while KDB is an attacking midfielder, so obviously strikers normally have below 80% but not midfielders.

I'll obviously love some risky passes as long as we can press and collect it back when the pass is poor. But compared to midfielders in top teams in the Champions League, I'm struggling to remember who has below 80% possession (75% to be exact)