Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I think mentally KDB wasnt ready to be at Chelsea and especially under a demanding manager like Jose, i believe he didnt want or couldnt work that much for Jose so thats why he was sold.

As a Chelsea fan i would only regret his departure when he'll play for a big club like us and succeed (and would commit to hard and demanding work). * Although i'll admit he's doing superbly well in Wolfsburg, more than i expected.

Mourinho haters in this forum can cry all they want, till now zero of his non-wanted players is doing that - Mata, Lukaku, Salah, Schurlle, KDB - non of them is playing at a big club playing like a big player. I know most of them are still young but my point is that blaming Jose so much is ridiculous when those players are far away from proving their point. And i think the main reason for this is that members here cant understand the big difference between playing for Chelsea and playing for Everton, Wolfsburg and Fiorentina. And another thing, the fact that from Chelsea they went to those clubs is another fact that proves Jose's point.

Yeah we should see how he does in a big club as well.

Because as of late top performers in Germany besides Bayern tend to do bad outside.

I mean wasn't every player that left Dortmund a total flop?

So in that sense I agree, is best to wait and see how he handles in a bigger club with different demands and style.

Haha, love it how you mention KDB in the same sentence as Salah, Lukaku ... Undisputedly one of the main stars of European football right now. Try to keep up! If you only ever look at Chelsea games and only ever listen to what Mou says, please don't debate on non Chelsea players.

Would KDB and hazard work effectively under Jose? meaning would we see 2014-15 hazard and 2015 KDB on the same team?

I think that is the most important question. A lot of players are held back due to tactics or personal reasons, which might be the case for KDB, however, in this situation I think that is the question you have to look at.

KDB to Munich is complete bs, unless Pep is gone.

I mean wasn't every player that left Dortmund a total flop?

What ? You mean from last great Dortmund team ?

They sold 4 important players from that team : Sahin, Kagawa, Goetze and Lewandowski.

Goetze and Lewandowski are doing fine. No slump in form but usual self most of the time.

Sahin was injured when Real bought him. He was injured and he's done his ligament if I remember correctly. Then he played here and there but picked up injury now and then. It was also difficult for him because there was no position for him in Real, under Mourinho Khedira had cemented place and as you know Mourinho doesn't rotate.

So basically that leaves us with Kagawa. That's a mystery for me but he was a flop, yeah.

I don't count players like Barrios, Perisic, Schieber and all because they weren't stars of Dortmund rather squad players.

So your statement is incorrect.

I'm in agreement. Mata and De Bruyne might have gone for good money, but they shouldn't have been sold IMO. They are both better than our current AMF options.

Having said that, there's a reason why Mourinho keeps playing Oscar and Willan over everyone else.

Well ... Million dollar question! Have no response to that one, mate ...

I like Oscar, there are very few AMC with such versatility but then Jose could easily had someone like KDB/Mata for rotation. It not only could have provided us with rotation but a different dynamic when we play with teams who will park. As we stand with Oscar not doing well, we will go into the market for a ready player by spending money.

Well ... Million dollar question! Have no response to that one, mate ...

I like Oscar, there are very few AMC with such versatility but then Jose could easily had someone like KDB/Mata for rotation. It not only could have provided us with rotation but a different dynamic when we play with teams who will park. As we stand with Oscar not doing well, we will go into the market for a ready player by spending money.

I hope that's the case.

My theory is actually that Mourinho is a ginger racist. How else to explain the exits of De Bruyne & Schürrle??

Mourinho only wants latino's (Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard by the looks) & blacks (Willian, Drogba, Remy, Ramires, Zouma, Mikel ...)

It's the only explanation!!

(this is a joke of course, before I get banned from this forum)

(OR ISN'T IT??)

(it is..)

Cesc is European...

What ? You mean from last great Dortmund team ?

They sold 4 important players from that team : Sahin, Kagawa, Goetze and Lewandowski.

Goetze and Lewandowski are doing fine. No slump in form but usual self most of the time.

Sahin was injured when Real bought him. He was injured and he's done his ligament if I remember correctly. Then he played here and there but picked up injury now and then. It was also difficult for him because there was no position for him in Real, under Mourinho Khedira had cemented place and as you know Mourinho doesn't rotate.

So basically that leaves us with Kagawa. That's a mystery for me but he was a flop, yeah.

I don't count players like Barrios, Perisic, Schieber and all because they weren't stars of Dortmund rather squad players.

So your statement is incorrect.

Yes but they stayed in Bundesliga.

Has anyone that left Bundesliga to Spain or England done that well recently?

Very recently, no. But I can't remember if someone big in Germany moved abroad. Ter Stegen ? He's doing fine I guess.

I don't think that's an issue if you want to point out that some players only perform in Germany not somewhere else. We don't have many examples to judge. There's Kagawa but there's Vidal also.

It is ... But not in Jose's world!!!

If attack is the best form of defence why do Real have such a shit record vs Atletico this season and why have we been seeing off those type of teams for years?

Thinking about the bigger names, I can think of Ozil, Mertesacker, Khedira, Carvajal, Kroos, Dzeko, Can, Mandzukic, Ter Stegen (though Barca have that weird rotation). Bayern pick up most of the stand out players though. And the PL is the only league that makes a lot of big money foreign transfers (Real, Barca and PSG being the exception in their own leagues). Other leagues dealing with a lot more home grown players and players bought at a very young age.

I'm not sure if I understand your point though. So many stars of football were puchased from Ligue 1, Primeira Liga, Eredivisie and South American leagues. Does that say something about the quality of those leagues? And it's not like all PL players do very well when they leave, bar the extremely talented bought for a lot of money of course.

Thinking about the bigger names, I can think of Ozil, Mertesacker, Khedira, Carvajal, Kroos, Dzeko, Can, Mandzukic, Ter Stegen (though Barca have that weird rotation). Bayern pick up most of the stand out players though. And the PL is the only league that makes a lot of big money foreign transfers (Real, Barca and PSG being the exception in their own leagues). Other leagues dealing with a lot more home grown players and players bought at a very young age.

I'm not sure if I understand your point though. So many stars of football were puchased from Ligue 1, Primeira Liga, Eredivisie and South American leagues. Does that say something about the quality of those leagues? And it's not like all PL players do very well when they leave, bar the extremely talented bought for a lot of money of course.

No you are right. I guess I was blindsided by Dortmund and how not so great their players came out after they join another foreign team.

Well that being said just read this about KDB on ESPN:

Wolfsburg's Kevin De Bruyne open to Chelsea return - sources

Wonder how much he'd even cost now if we wanted him back. We seem to have a great relationship with Wolfsburg so I'm not sure it would be THAT difficult to get him back if we truly wanted him. No chance of it happening though.