Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

You guys seriously lack proper fullbacks, that's so weird. And I still don't understand how Nainggolan is not a key player for Belgium.

But the big problem with Belgium for me is the lack of goals.

Yea the fullback issue will keep us from being a really great side I'm afraid. And Wilmots obviously.

Concerning Nainggolan I think the idiot realised his mistake and he should play a bigger role from now on. I don't think he watches Serie A much, bringing players like Meunier to play left back while Cavanda (Lazio) doesn't even get a look in.

Haha yea was suprised by that comment. On paper they have the potential to be a geat side, but they have a long way to go^^

edit; also in 2010 we were still utter crap with 90% different players

The potential is huge, but we have to start with a great coach to reach our potential ofcourse. With Wilmots, I don't think we can reach higher than quarter finals at a World Cup.

-------------------Courtois---------------------

Meunier-Kompany-Denayer-Vertonghen

----------Nainggolan----------------------------

------------------------De Bruyne--------------

--------------------Praet-------------------------

Mirallas----------Origi----------------Hazard

Fantastic team we have. This is an ideal mix of experienced and young players for me.

The potential is huge, but we have to start with a great coach to reach our potential ofcourse. With Wilmots, I don't think we can reach higher than quarter finals at a World Cup.

-------------------Courtois---------------------

Meunier-Kompany-Denayer-Vertonghen

----------Nainggolan----------------------------

------------------------De Bruyne--------------

--------------------Praet-------------------------

Mirallas----------Origi----------------Hazard

Fantastic team we have. This is an ideal mix of experienced and young players for me.

Sure, not bad on paper, the potential is obvious. But so many great young prospects have stagnated and eventually disappeared in obscurity that it's way too early to speculate on players like Praet Origi and Denayer

You guys seriously lack proper fullbacks, that's so weird. And I still don't understand how Nainggolan is not a key player for Belgium.

But the big problem with Belgium for me is the lack of goals.

At the right back there isn't any problem. Meunier can play there and for me he is by far the best player in the Belgian league. In any average PL team, he will be instantly one of the best players. An excellent modern back. He is strong and wins every duel, he covers a huge distance every game, he is fast, creates danger at the other side every single time he gets the ball, his dribbling is excellent, his passing is excellent, his crosses are excellent. Defensively very good and in an attacking way even better.

At the right back there isn't any problem. Meunier can play there and for me he is by far the best player in the Belgian league. In any average PL team, he will be instantly one of the best players. An excellent modern back. He is strong and wins every duel, he covers a huge distance every game, he is fast, creates danger at the other side every single time he gets the ball, his dribbling is excellent, his passing is excellent, his crosses are excellent. Defensively very good and in an attacking way even better.

Did you just say Meunier is the best player in the league?

Sure, not bad on paper, the potential is obvious. But so many great young prospects have stagnated and eventually disappeared in obscurity that it's way too early to speculate on players like Praet Origi and Denayer

Praet becomes better every season, so I really trust in this guy, and he is a huge talent. Origi is obviously tired this season, so maybe we have to wait what he will bring the coming seasons indeed. Denayer is at the age of 19 one of the best players in Scotland. And we don't have world class centre backs next to Kompany, so for me it's obvious that we should give a chance to the biggest talent there.

Did you just say Meunier is the best player in the league?

In my opinion, BY FAR. Yes

For me the Golden Shoe was:

1. Meunier

2. Mpoku

3. Praet

But I know that backs can't win that prize, only Kompany did it the last 15 years.

I almost never agree with that competition, when Thorgan won last year I also thought that Vainqueur deserved it much more.

It baffles me how some people can rate Origi higher than Lukaku atm.

This guy Origi, he'll be 20 in a couple of months and I don't even know if he has scored 10 goals in his entire career. In like what, 50? 60 games for Lille?

Guy went missing for some time, he hasn't scored a goal since September last year. For Christ's sake. That's six months w/o a single goal, playing as a forward in a bang average league.

Lukaku is not the ultimate forward, but he was scoring for fun by the age of 20. Ok, in a slightly weaker league than Ligue 1, but still... the guy was scoring week-in, week-out.

Then came to EPL and scored like what, 30+ goals in two seasons on loan?

I've been watching football for so many time and never saw a young guy rated that high to have such a goal drought.

The guy can barely find the net these days, yet he is dubbed as the next big thing...

Looking forward to seeing him in a Liverpool shirt in the next seasons. I would not be surprised to see him flop big time. So easy to overrate players these days.

Praet becomes better every season, so I really trust in this guy, and he is a huge talent. Origi is obviously tired this season, so maybe we have to wait what he will bring the coming seasons indeed. Denayer is at the age of 19 one of the best players in Scotland. And we don't have world class centre backs next to Kompany, so for me it's obvious that we should give a chance to the biggest talent there.

Denayer isn't that good. Hes fast and strong but struggles with positioning and has done all season with Celtic, when he first arrived he was a major reason why in most of Celtic's first games under Ronny Deila they conceded lots of goals which led to lots of losses and draws, hes not been too bad now but hes hardly one of the best players in Scotland lol. He's helped a lot by Virgil van Dijk playing next to him, who has all the skills to potentially be a top 4 team in the PL center back, as well as Craig Gordon, who's recovery is a bit of a miracle, as hes bailed Celtic out a lot, especially in Europe. The best players in Scotland are mainly attacking players, with van Dyke being the exception and possibly Graeme Shinnie as well as Matthews and Lustig.

I don't even think Denayer will develop into that good a player, he just seems to be like Micah Richards, technically he's able to play from the back, hes fast and physically strong but he just doesn't have the intelligence when it comes to positioning and that so has to rely on his pace to get him out of problems he causes himself.

Tielmans is the future of Belgium

Hes another one people need to calm down with along with the likes of Origi, Denayer and Praet. A good young player who can go far but if there is too much expectation on him too soon, people will be disappointed in him because he is a good young player but he still needs time and less pressure on him. I mean look at Josh McEachran, Gael Kakuta, Freddy Adu, Michael Johnston, who ever else you want to throw in that list.

Going back to KDB. I think he would have trouble in other big teams like he did at Chelsea. Yes he's very creative but his pass completion is very poor. I realize you won't hit 90% of your passes and still be very creative because you have to take risks, but the balance is still to achieve close to 85%. Mata and Cesc get the assists but they also still manage 85% or above pass completion.

Guys like Oscar, Schurrle, Ramires who get criticised for not completing enough passes, still have a better pass completion than KDB. At a big team, pass completion is much more important than at other teams.

KDB's natural instinct is to try passes, even if they are very risky. This will cause him problems if he moves to other big teams.

Chelsea, City, Barca, Bayern, Real. You need to be able to keep very high possession otherwise you'll get benched.

I would have said Dortmund would be perfect for him because they play so direct, which is perfectly suited for him.

Going back to KDB. I think he would have trouble in other big teams like he did at Chelsea. Yes he's very creative but his pass completion is very poor. I realize you won't hit 90% of your passes and still be very creative because you have to take risks, but the balance is still to achieve close to 85%. Mata and Cesc get the assists but they also still manage 85% or above pass completion.

Guys like Oscar, Schurrle, Ramires who get criticised for not completing enough passes, still have a better pass completion than KDB. At a big team, pass completion is much more important than at other teams.

KDB's natural instinct is to try passes, even if they are very risky. This will cause him problems if he moves to other big teams.

Chelsea, City, Barca, Bayern, Real. You need to be able to keep very high possession otherwise you'll get benched.

I would have said Dortmund would be perfect for him because they play so direct, which is perfectly suited for him.

Agree with what you said. That's definitely a weak part of his game. According to WhoScored, he completes 74,3% of his passes. A slight raise in the EL, 79,3%. Unacceptable at top level. That said, if that's one of your major problems as a young player, you're lucky. Especially since it's a case of dodgy decision making rather than a lack of technique. So it's something that can easily be fixed by training and experience. And the good thing is, he doesn't seem to be losing the ball in dangerous areas. Not to mention his great ability to create chances.

He just needs to learn to keep it simple more often and to be more involved (more touches per game, more passes per game). And come to think of it, that's probably the only major flaw in his game. He's still a bit on the weak side but he makes it up with his impressive engine. He always seems to be on the move, including (long) sprints.

He can become quite a player, just needs to take that next step. I hope Wolfsburg become a force so he doesn't join a rival. I don't think Wolfsburg would sell to Dortmund.

Agree with what you said. That's definitely a weak part of his game. According to WhoScored, he completes 74,3% of his passes. A slight raise in the EL, 79,3%. Unacceptable at top level. That said, if that's one of your major problems as a young player, you're lucky. Especially since it's a case of dodgy decision making rather than a lack of technique. So it's something that can easily be fixed by training and experience. And the good thing is, he doesn't seem to be losing the ball in dangerous areas. Not to mention his great ability to create chances.

He just needs to learn to keep it simple more often and to be more involved (more touches per game, more passes per game). And come to think of it, that's probably the only major flaw in his game. He's still a bit on the weak side but he makes it up with his impressive engine. He always seems to be on the move, including (long) sprints.

He can become quite a player, just needs to take that next step. I hope Wolfsburg become a force so he doesn't join a rival. I don't think Wolfsburg would sell to Dortmund.

He just always tries the most difficult passes you can give, and he succeeds a lot. Every pass of him is meant to bring a teammate alone in front of the goalkeeper. And when a pass doesn't succeed, it's not that bad. The defenders or the goalkeepers can't do that much with it. High risk play certainly works in his position, I would certainly keep that in his game. And yes, Oscar has a higher passing completion, but De Bruyne is obviously a 10 times better passing player than Oscar.

Let us all be players that give the easiest 2 metres pass possible, so we can get a pass completion of 98% and that everybody will cheer for our statistics while we bring nothing extra to our team. Yay

He just always tries the most difficult passes you can give, and he succeeds a lot. Every pass of him is meant to bring a teammate alone in front of the goalkeeper. And when a pass doesn't succeed, it's not that bad. The defenders or the goalkeepers can't do that much with it. High risk play certainly works in his position, I would certainly keep that in his game. And yes, Oscar has a higher passing completion, but De Bruyne is obviously a 10 times better passing player than Oscar.

Let us all be players that give the easiest 2 metre pass possible, so we can get a pass completion of 98% and that everybody will cheer for our statistics while we bring nothing extra to our team. Yay

KDB reminds me of an unathletic Gerrard....

Both love to do hollywood passes, however, i do agree that pass percentage can be skewed from reality

Also, United never bidded for KDB. this is the same team that can't get mata and herrara to start...

Belgian squad and formation that in my mind will win the European Cup:

Courtois

Alderweireld Vermaelen Kompany Vertonghen

Witsel Naingolan

KDB

Januzaj² Hazard³

Benteke/Origi *

* against the weaker oppositions that park the bus, Lukaku against the top teams

² Switched by Mirallas

³ Switched by Mertens

Other subs to play a role : Fellaini, Dembele, Denayer, Praet, T.Hazard, Van den Borre

Big 3 in 2016 will be Germany, France and Spain fighting for the title...

However, with germany, it all goes down to if lahm returns from retirement, if not, I can see France winning it (granted ribery is still playing)