Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Can't stop to think that, would he have gotten Willian's playing time last season, KDB would be a first team player for Chelsea this year.

Willian has probably an even higher work rate. I don't know what it is with those Chelsea Brazilians nowadays, but they just run & work like crazy! That said, KDB would've made up for that in football intelligence. Few players are as smart as he is on the pitch. Comparable to Cesc in that aspect. Not quite there yet of course, but with the same amount of experience, this player will be a monster! I'd be very surprised if we won't see him play for Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund next season or the one after. Like to know the reaction then of the people here saying that he "didn't have the right attitude to make it at a top team". It's a shame that these players leave The Bridge with that kind of stamp on their face, without any reason.

Willian has probably an even higher work rate. I don't know what it is with those Chelsea Brazilians nowadays, but they just run & work like crazy! That said, KDB would've made up for that in football intelligence. Few players are as smart as he is on the pitch. Comparable to Cesc in that aspect. Not quite there yet of course, but with the same amount of experience, this player will be a monster! I'd be very surprised if we won't see him play for Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund next season or the one after. Like to know the reaction then of the people here saying that he "didn't have the right attitude to make it at a top team". It's a shame that these players leave The Bridge with that kind of stamp on their face, without any reason.

He wont and cant make a Pep run team.

Also, why join bvb when bvb probably wont make champs league?

Same as what @johnnythefirst is saying

+

A player with a bad workrate doesn't make it in the Bundesliga, the most physical competitions of all, let alone be one of the standout players.

I think it's sad to see that any player dropped by Mourinho automatically gets a bad name: Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne ... Just because Mou doesn't want them in his team, doesn't mean they are players with a bad attitude.

alot goes into mou's dicisions other than performance on the field. I have a feeling he and KDB and an ego clash and he let the kid go

He didn't lack workrate. People who say he doesn't work hard think working hard equals good defence. Jose doesn't care if you run 15km or 10km, if you do your job you're good enough to rely on.

KDB worked hard but his actuall defending was horrible, players could easily get past him, he couldn't tackle or even press properly, he just lacked any defensive technical abilities and awareness.

Hazard was the same when he first joined, dude was just clueless what to do when opposition had the ball. He wasn't lazy, he just didn't know what to do and where to go when defending. He's gotten so much better now, so much so that I would say he's not a liability at all on defence. Sure, KDB could have gotten there eventually but neither he or Jose seemed to have the patience to make it happen.

I'm a huge KDB fan, loved the guy and was hoping he'd become first choice with us but he disappointed me tbh. Didn't take his chances whenever he got them and I'm sad he left, however I think he made a good decision for himself and I know we got decent money for him too but I'd rather he stayed and continued to fight even if had cost him a year or so on the bench just learning the tactical side of the game.

From a technical standpoint he remains a superior player to Oscar and Schurrle and it's hypocritical that the same people claiming it was the right decision to sell after the limited chances he had, which prompted him to seek more playing time elsewhere in fear of losing his place in the NT are the same people that advocate patience for other players in the team that have gone through far worse barring spells and given significantly more leniency than KDB did while he was here.

Nobody could convince me that having him that we made the right decision.

From a technical standpoint he remains a superior player to Oscar and Schurrle and it's hypocritical that the same people claiming it was the right decision to sell after the limited chances he had, which prompted him to seek more playing time elsewhere in fear of losing his place in the NT are the same people that advocate patience for other players in the team that have gone through far worse barring spells and given significantly more leniency than KDB did while he was here.

I take Oscar over him any day of the week as he gives us better balance.

And now that we got Fabregas he is far superior to KDB, there was no room for him.

Good sell however as mentioned before a refusal to first buy would have been awesome, cause in 2 or 3 years later down the road a space might open up for him in our team.

So we did the right thing in selling him and he did the right thing moving on. As he need to continue to develop.

was kdb not given leniency? i thought most of us , just wanted him to play more

i would love to still have him, shame he needed adaption and wasn't willing to wait. especially as he only went for £17m, and we paid £11 for salah