Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Yep, I really believe Mourinho misjudged his potential. The fact that he went to get Salah when De Bruyne was still at Chelsea speaks loads. Shame shame shame

oh please! Jose sold him because KDB did not suit his system and also because the player did not want remain patient and fight for his place( which is nothing bad at all) because not everyone can be as understanding as Schurle.

I am sure he was aware of his potential but chose to sell him because it was the best option for both parties. Why do you think he sold Mata? Every manager has their kind of philosophy and sadly KDB couldn't meet ours. There is no need of blaming Jose just because KDB is doing well.

As for signing Salah, you can see the changes in his game. He constantly tracks back and is trying his best to impress his manager. Granted his performances haven't been great but I am sure he'll find some form.

because the player did not want remain patient and fight for his place

I'm not looking to go into this discussion all over again.

But there's a difference between being on the bench more than you like & not getting any chances at all, not even making the 18 in most matches, except for stupid league cup.

In the second case, you really can't say a player is "unpatient" if he want to leave, "humiliated" is probably the better word. Especially for a player with the proven potential of KDB.

Now that's the last - I promise - I will say about that, I don't care how many replies I get.

Yep, I really believe Mourinho misjudged his potential. The fact that he went to get Salah when De Bruyne was still at Chelsea speaks loads. Shame shame shame

You're wrong, he first sold KDB at the start of the window and then got Matic. At the end of the window Mata suddenly wanted to leave, which left us only with Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Schurrle for 3 positions. That's why he bought Salah, to replace a (left footed) attacking mid with another one.

You're wrong, he first sold KDB at the start of the window and then got Matic. At the end of the window Mata suddenly wanted to leave, which left us only with Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Schurrle for 3 positions. That's why he bought Salah, to replace a (left footed) attacking mid with another one.

Sorry, you're right! It was Willian who was brought in moments after Mourinho called De Bruyne "a potential key player for this Chelsea". Salah was only in January.

Sorry, you're right! It was Willian who was brought in moments after Mourinho called De Bruyne "a potential key player for this Chelsea". Salah was only in January.

Yeah but Willian was a great buy IMO, not worth his price tag (yet) bus was very important and consistent last season. This season Willian isn't at his best yet, he must improve in attack!

For KDB, I'm also dissapointed he left because he showed great potential in his loan spell in Germany.

Mourinho loves hard working, pacy attacking players. That's why he bought Schurrle, Willian and Salah, and let KDB and Mata go.

Who is a better set piece taker?

Cesc or KDB....

The politically correct answer would always be Cesc, but Im not too sure...

To be honest, KDB is not really brilliant at it.

If he'd be in the starting 11, I would always want Januzaj to take our corners for example. But he's not.

Our national team lacks a natural free kick taker at the moment. If only Luc Nilis was still playing. ^^

Yeah but Willian was a great buy IMO, not worth his price tag (yet) bus was very important and consistent last season. This season Willian isn't at his best yet, he must improve in attack!

Of course, I'm not saying anything bad about Willian! I actually love this player. Check my profile and you'll notice that I got him down as my favourite.

But that doesn't matter for KDB's case. Moments after he decided to stay at Chelsea because of what Mourinho said, a new AMR/C is bought for £££££££££.

Mourinho loves hard working, pacy attacking players. That's why he bought Schurrle, Willian and Salah, and let KDB and Mata go.

Same as what @johnnythefirst is saying

+

A player with a bad workrate doesn't make it in the Bundesliga, the most physical competitions of all, let alone be one of the standout players.

I think it's sad to see that any player dropped by Mourinho automatically gets a bad name: Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne ... Just because Mou doesn't want them in his team, doesn't mean they are players with a bad attitude.

Of course, I'm not saying anything bad about Willian! I actually love this player. Check my profile and you'll notice that I got him down as my favourite.

But that doesn't matter for KDB's case. Moments after he decided to stay at Chelsea because of what Mourinho said, a new AMR/C is bought for £££££££££.

Didn't see your profile, Willian is also one of my fav players.

Same as what @johnnythefirst is saying

+

A player with a bad workrate doesn't make it in the Bundesliga, the most physical competitions of all, let alone be one of the standout players.

I think it's sad to see that any player dropped by Mourinho automatically gets a bad name: Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne ... Just because Mou doesn't want them in his team, doesn't mean they are players with a bad attitude.

KDB actually works really hard, I've seen all the Belgium matches during the WC. But from the moment Mourinho decided to use Oscar as his #10, Mata and KDB were played out of position as wingers and they aren't the type of wingers Mourinho likes. He loves wingers who are pacy and hard working, that's what I meant.

For KDB, I'm also dissapointed he left because he showed great potential in his loan spell in Germany.

In every team he's played in, KDB has been one of the hardest working players. Ran the most miles in the Bundesliga at a certain stage last season. His workrate has been brilliant for the national team as well, both offensive and defensive with pressing the opponent.

You could say that he needed to improve on his ball-winning-skills, as he lost quite a few battles for 50-50-balls in his Chelsea-period. But he wouldn't be the first to need some adapting entering the PL. Blaming him a lack of work-rate would be wrong though.

Can't stop to think that, would he have gotten Willian's playing time last season, KDB would be a first team player for Chelsea this year.