Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

kevin lacks confidence, that's the matter. It's better for him to leave and make us proud at the World cup. Wish hem all the luck.

PS, Willian was out of reach, what a player!! There's no way KDB would get in the team with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle and Willian.

Not so much hope to see him again this season now that we're knocked out of the league games.

The dude should demand that loan.

Also he has too much potential than Moses and Moses should be the one that should be leaving next summer.

Difficult to judge him on what we have seen so far, but I think it's clear his time is limited here on the field.

The most sensible thing to do would of been to loan him and not do what we did with Romelu. Let the kid either go or be loaned, he is being shackled here and it ain't right on his development.

Not so much hope to see him again this season now that we're knocked out of the league games.

The dude should demand that loan.

Also he has too much potential than Moses and Moses should be the one that should be leaving next summer.

Even if he gets a loan...he will still be the 6th best attacking midfielder at Chelsea

He has alot of potential...but what can you do? Spending 30 million on Willian basically ended KDB's Chelsea career..

This is a lie. How do you explain the goal then? Or the time he set Ba up from a low cross or forced a good save from the 'keeper?

If we treated other players like we treated KDB and they would be the same. Especially a young player with his relative inexperience. Especially one who actually started the season well. First bad appearance in the C1C - boom, dropped to training with the reserved and didn't make an appearance for a month. Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Willian and Schurrle have all had more chances than him and more bad games than him. They've also had some good games, as they don't start once a month. Seen nothing to suggest KDB is any less talented than them.

The lengths people go through to defend KDB's play is baffling. The players you mention have all had some bad games and some good games. They have all had great games even carrying us, showing energy, drive, defensive effort, etc... De Bruyne has now started 5 games with Chelsea and been awful in 4 of them. He isn't creating chances and he is a pylon defensively. He has no goals and 1 assist in 9 appearances. He didn't "start the season well" he had one great half. How long is a team supposed to keep starting a player because of one great half at home against Hull? He has potential and he could turn out to be a very good player, but he doesn't deserve to play right now. Part of playing on a team with depth is learning to be able to play when you get your opportunities. Every player does better with more consistent player time but you have to be able to contribute even if you're sitting down for a month. People are not handed roles, they have to earn them and in those little chances, you have to show something and De Bruyne has shown absolutely nothing.

I think he's a good player who will have a good career, just not with us.

When we signed him Oscar and Hazard were not here, and would probably (almost certainly in Hazard's case) have not come here if we didn't win the CL and had to go Europa, meaning KDB would have probably come in as early as 12/13 and established himself.

But the thing is Willian and Schurrle offer something different in extreme workrate and a bit more width, which compliments the Mazacar while De Bruyne is practically an extended version of Mazacar.

Unlucky for the lad, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

The lengths people go through to defend KDB's play is baffling. The players you mention have all had some bad games and some good games. They have all had great games even carrying us, showing energy, drive, defensive effort, etc... De Bruyne has now started 5 games with Chelsea and been awful in 4 of them. He isn't creating chances and he is a pylon defensively. He has no goals and 1 assist in 9 appearances. He didn't "start the season well" he had one great half. How long is a team supposed to keep starting a player because of one great half at home against Hull? He has potential and he could turn out to be a very good player, but he doesn't deserve to play right now. Part of playing on a team with depth is learning to be able to play when you get your opportunities. Every player does better with more consistent player time but you have to be able to contribute even if you're sitting down for a month. People are not handed roles, they have to earn them and in those little chances, you have to show something and De Bruyne has shown absolutely nothing.

KDB wasn't awful last night for a start. Those 4 starts have come in a period 4 months. A start a month, what do you expect him to do? It is baffling that people seem to expect a masterclass performance and nothing else. You mention he's not creating chances - what chances did Schurrle, for instance, create last night? It has already been mentioned how KDB had a big hand in the goal, forced a good save from the 'keeper and I can remember at least one chance from a low cross that went to Ba. Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist in 11 appearances, Schurrle has 3 goals and 1 assist in 17 appearances. None of their stats is hardly inspiring. 4 of those 9 appearances were subs. You can't just manipulate stats to suit your lopsided view on de Bruyne's time at Chelsea so far. No one is saying he should start every game. I do believe, however, that he has been misused. Can anyone justify getting dropped to train with the reserves for a week and no appearances for a month because of one bad game, or is this some sort of selective treatment that can only happen to KDB. Starting once a month is not enough to build a case to get into the team, do you really believe that if KDB was rotated in and out the side our squad would be worse off? He is a good player who could quite easily contribute a lot to our season if given the chance - just like he has for Belgium and just like he did for Bremen.

In all, it´s sad to see him go, at least I thought he was meant to play, maybe not in every game, but 20- 30 minutes he could have from the start of this season. Somehow, he never got that chance. Now, what could he say about Jose ? The guy gave me a great chance to play but I am not good enough ? I doubt it. However, he will be looked upon as another young talent that got fucked.

Not a very promising add for Chelsea, is it ?

I can understand the folk discarding him as rubbish, because he's been total crap for us. It's a bit sad though that he's being labeled worthless by some, who have obviously not seen the Bundesliga last year or Belgiums qualifying campain.

Understandably, but sad. The big winners are gonna be the club that buys him eventually, because he hasn't even shown 10% of what he does when he's got decent form.

KDB wasn't awful last night for a start. Those 4 starts have come in a period 4 months. A start a month, what do you expect him to do? It is baffling that people seem to expect a masterclass performance and nothing else. You mention he's not creating chances - what chances did Schurrle, for instance, create last night? It has already been mentioned how KDB had a big hand in the goal, forced a good save from the 'keeper and I can remember at least one chance from a low cross that went to Ba. Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist in 11 appearances, Schurrle has 3 goals and 1 assist in 17 appearances. None of their stats is hardly inspiring. 4 of those 9 appearances were subs. You can't just manipulate stats to suit your lopsided view on de Bruyne's time at Chelsea so far. No one is saying he should start every game. I do believe, however, that he has been misused. Can anyone justify getting dropped to train with the reserves for a week and no appearances for a month because of one bad game, or is this some sort of selective treatment that can only happen to KDB. Starting once a month is not enough to build a case to get into the team, do you really believe that if KDB was rotated in and out the side our squad would be worse off? He is a good player who could quite easily contribute a lot to our season if given the chance - just like he has for Belgium and just like he did for Bremen.

It's not a masterclass performance or nothing else. He was awful and it's not even arguable. Some performances are subjective. Many are. This performance had almost nothing. Your level of "OK" for an attacking player is absurd. He forced a save!!! OH MY GOD. HE"S AMAZING! !!! In 120 minutes, he forced one save and had a good cross and a couple of nice passes against the worst team in the Premier League. He also made no tackles, passed the ball to the other team in front of our net, had a lot of loose passes, had 3 fouls and was invisible for about 118 of those 120 minutes. That is pretty much the definition of an awful performance. (This also goes to the absurd difference in expectations people have for different positions on here. Central midfielders have to protect and cover for the back four, move the ball quickly, set up the attack, distribute and press. Attacking midfielders have to make a couple of nice passes or shots.) Yes, Willian and Schurrle etc...don't have the best stats but they have played very well in a number of games and have all been better than De Bruyne. They press well, they look involved, and so on. Both, also do a lot of good defensive work. De Bruyne is an atrocious defensive player is successful on about 25% of tackles attempts and has generally looked lost. He is never going to do what he did for Bremen or he does for Belgium because that free role doesn't exist at Chelsea and if it did, it would still go to Mata or Oscar or Hazard and not De Bruyne. Having offensive success for Bremen where he had no defensive responsibilities and in a system built for attacking midfielders (with Hunt as well) was never going to happen at Chelsea. People couldn't understand that De Bruyne was never going to come in and be a starter right away. He was going to have to earn his playing time and he hasn't. You have some fantasy of De Bruyne coming in and doing what he did for Bremen and you refuse to let it go. You really think Mourinho should be playing De Bruyne more to get him going? Who cares if he's been awful, right? Who cares if other players are more deserving. I mean, the purpose of Chelsea is not to win, it's to get De Bruyne in a good rhythm? Let's suffer through a few bad games just to get him going, right? Let's sit down five players who have all been better than him, cost ourselves a shot at the Premier League crown so we can get De Bruyne playing with confidence.

Anyways, I'm so sick of the "poor KDB" stuff. Yes, it's hard to play well once a month, but it's not that hard not to be terrible every time you play. The situation is what it is at Chelsea. It's crowded so you have to earn playing time. It's not complicated. If he played well, he'd get more time. He isn't getting playing time not because of some conspiracy it;'s because he's been awful and he doesn't fit the system. Mata, Azpilicueta, Willian, and Schurle all had to sit for long stretches. It's hurt their play, but they've still contributed and have good games. De Bruyne hasn't.

It's not a masterclass performance or nothing else. He was awful and it's not even arguable. Some performances are subjective. Many are. This performance had almost nothing. Your level of "OK" for an attacking player is absurd. He forced a save!!! OH MY GOD. HE"S AMAZING! !!! In 120 minutes, he forced one save and had a good cross and a couple of nice passes against the worst team in the Premier League. He also made no tackles, passed the ball to the other team in front of our net, had a lot of loose passes, had 3 fouls and was invisible for about 118 of those 120 minutes. That is pretty much the definition of an awful performance. (This also goes to the absurd difference in expectations people have for different positions on here. Central midfielders have to protect and cover for the back four, move the ball quickly, set up the attack, distribute and press. Attacking midfielders have to make a couple of nice passes or shots.) Yes, Willian and Schurrle etc...don't have the best stats but they have played very well in a number of games and have all been better than De Bruyne. They press well, they look involved, and so on. Both, also do a lot of good defensive work. De Bruyne is an atrocious defensive player is successful on about 25% of tackles attempts and has generally looked lost. He is never going to do what he did for Bremen or he does for Belgium because that free role doesn't exist at Chelsea and if it did, it would still go to Mata or Oscar or Hazard and not De Bruyne. Having offensive success for Bremen where he had no defensive responsibilities and in a system built for attacking midfielders (with Hunt as well) was never going to happen at Chelsea. People couldn't understand that De Bruyne was never going to come in and be a starter right away. He was going to have to earn his playing time and he hasn't. You have some fantasy of De Bruyne coming in and doing what he did for Bremen and you refuse to let it go. You really think Mourinho should be playing De Bruyne more to get him going? Who cares if he's been awful, right? Who cares if other players are more deserving. I mean, the purpose of Chelsea is not to win, it's to get De Bruyne in a good rhythm? Let's suffer through a few bad games just to get him going, right? Let's sit down five players who have all been better than him, cost ourselves a shot at the Premier League crown so we can get De Bruyne playing with confidence.

Anyways, I'm so sick of the "poor KDB" stuff. Yes, it's hard to play well once a month, but it's not that hard not to be terrible every time you play. The situation is what it is at Chelsea. It's crowded so you have to earn playing time. It's not complicated. If he played well, he'd get more time. He isn't getting playing time not because of some conspiracy it;'s because he's been awful and he doesn't fit the system. Mata, Azpilicueta, Willian, and Schurle all had to sit for long stretches. It's hurt their play, but they've still contributed and have good games. De Bruyne hasn't.

Where did I say he had an amazing game? I said he was ok. Meanwhile there have been people who genuinely said things ilke 'Luiz completed more long passes than him, HE'S WANK'. And throughout the post you seem to keep referring to how I want KDB given chances other the other 5 players we have for the attacking role. I don't. What I don't want is him to be given one start a month and unless he has a MOTM performance it stays that way. At what point does this suddenly turn to me not being happy if Chelsea win if KDB doesn't play. I am also less than impressed with how Jose has used Kalas (who he said had done enough on loan to come back and be a part of the squad in summer) and Bertrand this season. You seem to keep thinking giving KDB more game time will also somehow hinder the team, again starting to exaggerate about how the other 5 AM's will have to move out the way for KDB. I happen to think it could simply give us another viable option, which is only good for the side, because I don't believe he's any less talented than the other 5 AMs at all. More inexperienced - yes - but still no reason for his exile from the first team proceedings.

Where did I say he had an amazing game? I said he was ok. Meanwhile there have been people who genuinely said things ilke 'Luiz completed more long passes than him, HE'S WANK'. And throughout the post you seem to keep referring to how I want KDB given chances other the other 5 players we have for the attacking role. I don't. What I don't want is him to be given one start a month and unless he has a MOTM performance it stays that way. At what point does this suddenly turn to me not being happy if Chelsea win if KDB doesn't play. I am also less than impressed with how Jose has used Kalas (who he said had done enough on loan to come back and be a part of the squad in summer) and Bertrand this season. You seem to keep thinking giving KDB more game time will also somehow hinder the team, again starting to exaggerate about how the other 5 AM's will have to move out the way for KDB. I happen to think it could simply give us another viable option, which is only good for the side, because I don't believe he's any less talented than the other 5 AMs at all. More inexperienced - yes - but still no reason for his exile from the first team proceedings.

More inexperienced?

Schurrle started playing first team football 2009 and has played 168 club games overall.

Oscar also started in 2009 and has played 169 club games.

De Bruyne started in 2009 (played 2 games in 2008, but im not going to try and manipulate the stats by saying he started a year earlier when he didn't really) and has played 152 club games overall.

Hardly a huge difference experience wise.

More inexperienced?

Schurrle started playing first team football 2009 and has played 168 club games overall.

Oscar also started in 2009 and has played 169 club games.

De Bruyne started in 2009 (played 2 games in 2008, but im not going to try and manipulate the stats by saying he started a year earlier when he didn't really) and has played 152 club games overall.

Hardly a huge difference experience wise.

Sorry should have said I meant experience at the top level, experience in Europe, and big game experience. KDB only started playing at a top European league last season in 12/13, Schurrle has been a regular in the Bundesliga since 2009. KDB did have some group stage games in the CL with Genk, one of them against us of course but no experience in the knockouts. KDB also only started starting for Belgium around the time he joined Bremen.

Oscar is maybe more similar to KDB, he only came to Europe last year. But when he was being bedded in, he wasn't reduced to starts every month despite being more inexperienced than those around him. He was allowed reasonable minutes to bed in, and it didn't hinder us, he improved over the course of that season. Why can't KDB do the same?

Also a nice piece from John Chapman:http://www.belgofoot.be/we-still-need-to-talk-about-kevin/