Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I agree with everything @TorontoChelsea said about pre-season. How can you evaluate a player's role in your plans when most of them are out of form and they don't recover at the same pace? It's all about fitness and getting to know (in a personal level) the new players (or in the case of a new manager all players). Mourinho, Terry, Lampard, Ancelotti, Pep, among others have said the same. Players who recover form quicker or who weren't that out of form for whatever reason tend to take advantage in pre-season against weak sides or european sides that have plenty of players out of form.

That said, I don't think the minutes he's getting now are fair. He's had problems in training earlier the season so it justified his lack of minutes, but right now he should be given more minutes if he's training well as Mourinho said he is. I do think he's wasted his chances with bad matches and bad attitude on training back in August and early September, but if the kid recovered from that he should be given a clean slate and have a fair chance now. Everyone is having them, except him and Bertrand (I don't count Kalas yet because he's in a completely different situation, transitioning from youth among other reasons). 10-15 minutes in a match we look uninterested and just waiting time to pass isn't a chance at all.

He'll probably start against Sunderland and as we played them just two weeks prior, Mourinho will be able to compare his performance with others. I know the lack of matches rhythm can compromise, but André Schurrle proved my old theory that once a player really wants to show he can have a spot in the team his determination, appetite and motivation overcomes his lack of rhythm because being rusty doesn't mean you forgot how to play football. So the proper mental side can make up for the physical aspect if the player shows he really wants it. At this point I'm not even sure Kev is that motivated to prove he can make it here. I guess his head is already in a move - definite based on his agent's words - and that could detract his performance. I don't blame him though. And it's a shame.

I think he would have gotten more minutes had we killed the game like we should have. He was unlucky again, this time because our attackers were missing chances for fun. Nonetheless, he did well in his 10 minutes and looked like he had a point to make.

He got 10 minutes in a game where the tempo was poor before he came on and only got worse. The crowd was dead, the opponents were unmotivated and poor and his teammates were practically asleep so lets spend way too much time analysing his performance.

He was a hot prospect, we loaned him and he impressed in his loan and then he came back to a manager who was unwilling to play him. He's not alone in that, he looks like a shell of the man he was a few months ago and he probably needs to do what Lukaku did and get as far away from this place as possible.

Based on last weeks, when Mou says he's gonna give the kid a chance, he actually means he will drop hem in when we're in a comfortable lead, or all hope of a result is gone; KDB must feel gutted.

What are you on about mate? Mirallas, Chadli, Bakkali, Mertens, Hazard can all play RW.....

And in Dutch manager means agent in football terms.

I thought all of those predominantly played on the left though? They can play there but Kevins much more of a natural there. Can't see any of them bar Hazard unless he plays on the right starting ahead of Kevin..

Yesterday he did well for the minutes he got. I think he wanted the ball so badly that in the first minute he bumped into Ramires.
Further he had a good dribble and delivered the ball nicely to Ba who missed. But the ball of the game was that cross to Hazard from such a distance. One of the few players of Chelsea who can deliver such balls. Too bad he never had a chance. Ok Swindon, but he came back from injury. I will still follow him if he is being transfered during winter period.

Kevin De Bruyne's Chelsea future set to be discussed

De Koster told EXPRESS: "I am going to fly over to London to find a proper solution with Chelsea.

"Should Kevin be granted a transfer, I will be immediately on the phone to Michael Reschke (Leverkusen's general manager). We have a great relationship with him.

"Clubs like Borussia Dortmund, Schalke and Wolfsburg have also enquired.

"Kevin will decide which club offers the best future for him on a sporting level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9069169/transfer-news-kevin-de-bruynes-chelsea-future-set-to-be-discussed

I thought all of those predominantly played on the left though? They can play there but Kevins much more of a natural there. Can't see any of them bar Hazard unless he plays on the right starting ahead of Kevin.. Ye

Yes, with the exception of Mirallas and Bakkali they are more natural Left wingers but can do a job on the right as well. Point is, we have the quality on the bench to leave Kevin out if he doesn't play for his club.

I never understood the link to BVB.

KDB doesnt press and might be worse than Mata defensively. I dont see how he would fit in or excel at BVB..... The korean that was suppose to go to BVB runs like Park Ji Sung did for Man United with a wicked shot.

I always thought the perfect team for him was Liverpool.