Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Ofcourse pre-season matters, it's the basis for a manager to form his squad for the season. Every player is equally motivated to do well in those games because that's the period places are up for grabs. Well for most clubs anyway.

What he means is it can't be used as a basis of how the player will do when it really counts, Moses looked good in America, now he looks out of his depth at Liverpool. Marin was our best pre season player in 2012 but whenever he played competitive games he made Wright-Phillips spell at Chelsea look like the second coming of Zola. Kezman was our best player in 2004 pre season,i could go on.

What he means is it can't be used as a basis of how the player will do when it really counts, Moses looked good in America, now he looks out of his depth at Liverpool. Marin was our best pre season player in 2012 but whenever he played competitive games he made Wright-Phillips spell at Chelsea look like the second coming of Zola. Kezman was our best player in 2004 pre season,i could go on.

And beyond that, places aren't up for grabs as much as people think. Moses played really well in pre-season but was never going to play a big role with Chelsea and it was blindingly obvious. Chelsea had a bunch of more talented players at the position and Moses was poor over a full season last year, De Bruyne played well but was never going to play ahead of Mata and Oscar. If there is a position that is truly up for grabs, something can change, but in reality that is extremely rare on top clubs because you know everybody who is going to start's abilities. You have game-tape, you have scouts, you have statistics. One or two games in the middle of the season are impossible to evaluate players on. Looking good for 2 exhibition games is completely meaningless when you have so much more important data, video, etc...to go on from games that actually matter. .

His manager just said (in the Belgian press) Kevin wants to leave, and preferably with a transfer in stead of a loan...

I'm guessing you mean his agent? Jose didn't say anything about him wanting to leave..

Anyway was reading this [http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-fails-to-convince-bundesligabound-kevin-de-bruyne-to-stay-at-chelsea-8992875.html] and came across this quote..

De Bruyne has made just two late appearances as a substitute since then and is now looking to move on to protect his dream of playing for Belgium at the World Cup.

Lets be honest, who the hell is going to take his place given he was Belgium's best player in qualification and has no real quality competition on the right wing? If he was Courtois or Lukaku then yeah I get it as Courtois has Mignolet for competition and Lukaku has Benteke for competition to start but De Bruyne? He has next to no competition on the right wing... if he wants to go and play for Wolfsburg then well I don't know. He should have been aware he would struggle for games this season, Mourinho finds an 11 he likes and sticks with it 9 times out of 10.

A loan is the least he should ask for to be fair. He came back because he probably thought he would be given chances but instead of giving him that we decided to sign more Attacking Mids.

I would be worried too if I was constantly not playing knowing there's a world cup coming in the summer. This makes you wonder on why we keep signing youngsters if we don't trust them later and I'm not even referring to those from the youth team..

I was very excited to see him play in a blue shirt especially after his pre-season performances but the way things are going, never happening. Better luck with whichever team he goes to.

Lets be honest, who the hell is going to take his place given he was Belgium's best player in qualification and has no real quality competition on the right wing? If he was Courtois or Lukaku then yeah I get it as Courtois has Mignolet for competition and Lukaku has Benteke for competition to start but De Bruyne? He has next to no competition on the right wing... if he wants to go and play for Wolfsburg then well I don't know. He should have been aware he would struggle for games this season, Mourinho finds an 11 he likes and sticks with it 9 times out of 10.

Mirallas.

And of course i meant agent. :)

A loan is the least he should ask for to be fair. He came back because he probably thought he would be given chances but instead of giving him that we decided to sign more Attacking Mids.

I would be worried too if I was constantly not playing knowing there's a world cup coming in the summer. This makes you wonder on why we keep signing youngsters if we don't trust them later and I'm not even referring to those from the youth team..

I was very excited to see him play in a blue shirt especially after his pre-season performances but the way things are going, never happening. Better luck with whichever team he goes to.

While the statement is true about some players, it isn't true about Kevin.

I dont think its a matter of not trusting him because of his age.. Jose said that the reason being is because the other AMs are doing well. Now although its uterr bullshit IMO, I guess that's the reason for Jose.

I mean its not like Lukaku's case where the club doesn't trust him to lead the line for us at 20.

Btw, I have absolutely no doubt about (national coach) Wilmots benching him if he's playing as little as he is now in May. There are options. Mirallas is having a very decent season, hazard can play on both flanks if needed, Dries Mertens or Nacer Chadli could cover the left wing and if that doesn't work you have the likes of Bakkali and other backup players who could step in. And that's even without the (small) possibility of Januzaj choosing to play for Belgium.

I'm guessing you mean his agent? Jose didn't say anything about him wanting to leave..

Anyway was reading this [http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-fails-to-convince-bundesligabound-kevin-de-bruyne-to-stay-at-chelsea-8992875.html] and came across this quote..

What are you on about mate? Mirallas, Chadli, Bakkali, Mertens, Hazard can all play RW.....

And in Dutch manager means agent in football terms.

KDB played very little for Chelsea. Therefore, if I were him, I´d ask to move out of Chelsea completely. It just does not make sense for him to come back next season & go through this shit he was subjected to.

Say bye-bye to KDB in January. Given a proper chance, this kid just might be a very valuable player, but somehow, he was not given the opportunity at Chelsea.

KDB played very little for Chelsea. Therefore, if I were him, I´d ask to move out of Chelsea completely. It just does not make sense for him to come back next season & go through this shit he was subjected to.

Say bye-bye to KDB in January. Given a proper chance, this kid just might be a very valuable player, but somehow, he was not given the opportunity at Chelsea.

I agree with you, the signing of Willian was the signal that they were no plan for KDB under the reign of José

I agree with you, the signing of Willian was the signal that they were no plan for KDB under the reign of José

Well, what I gonna post here is strictly my opinion. I believe, Chelsea is patching up holes for years, uselessly.

Since the club had won the CL, luckily, I thought it was the time to introduce young blood into the squad. It has not happened, I feel.

Constantly, the management brings in a bunch of have beens. BA, Eto´o, Essien just to name a few. Young & promising players are not getting chances to play. I know, Chelsea wants to win trophies yearly. However, one or two years without a trophy would not be the end of the world, I feel. Even with a young blood, the team could have ended in the top four places. Experienced new players getting ready for better achievements, later. Oh well, the way the team is going now, who knows, what awaits them ?

William signing really made my head scratch, i mean willian cost even more than oscar or mata not to mention when we already had kdb & others overstocked in amc position.