Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

All I know is Chelsea played their best 45 minutes of the season first half against Hull & KDB was MOTM.

Hull is a very poor team. The best 45 minutes of the season was our 2nd half against Spurs, so far. You probably wasnt even watching, since KDB wasnt involved at all.

I really like KDB's playstyle and I hope he can find good form and play regularly. Nothing makes me more excited about the game than miraculous defence-splitting passes. I'm used to go analyzing every possible pass in every single moment while watching football matches and, while I do that, I always choose a "best option" in my head. Nothing amazes me more than a player pulling off some pass that is better than the ones I had predicted to be the best in my mind. It takes real vision, creativity and skill to beat us, viewers, who can read the game from an aerial point and with no pressure on our shoulders. Moreover, I do believe KDB has the potential to not only become a player who will be able do that, but also do it several times per match, assuming he can fulfill that potential. Heck, he has already impressed me with a couple passes so far. If he was able to do that in a bad run of games, I can only dream of what he can become if he is to evolve his game.

It's a bit scary to see how quickly you've been brainwashed by Mourinho. Apparently the Special One still has the gift to convince his fans that a truely awesome player is sh!t and vice versa. He could buy Lionel Messi, put him on the bench, say he's rubbish, throw him out of the squad, and you'll be saying: "Ah, Mourinho's right, Messi is crap anyway ..."

De Bruyne started the first PL match against Hull and was instantly named MOTM. How about that for a debut? The kid hasn't started (in a real match) since. How is that possible? Makes you wonder... And now he's left out of the squad two matches for a bad performance against ... what ... SWINDON ?! Like that match even counts.

Don't be fooled, De Bruyne is one of the best wingers around and he'll be top of the world in a few years time, just not at Chelsea. And the world will be laughing with Mourinho and any of you sheep who are repeating his every word.

Sad to see how a mediocre coach gets to destroy the self-confidence of a genious young player. Just check last year's stats at Werder Bremen, he was overall top 5 in the Bundesliga, at a team that nearly relegated for crying out loud. He's involved at 50% of Belgium's goals in the WC qualifying campaign agianst the likes of Croatia (top ten in the world), Serbia ... 50%! For a midfielder of 21 years old ... That's just insane. And Mourinho drops him to U21.

Ridiculous

You might be biased but a match against Swindon might have been a small thing for Chelsea Football Club in a trivial cup competition but for KDB it should have been a final of UCL. There is no excuse for him not to show up. He was as sharp as a butterknife.

This talk about him being dropped to U21 - if he was left out of the CL squad, should he be training alone? No, of course he will be training with the U21s. Unless there is something concrete, don't make up your mind only based on Daily Fail.

And you are comparing De Bruyne to those guys? Based on what? I very much doubt you had ever heard of De Bruyne before the start of this season. So don't act like you know what he's all about. You won't find any player more modest, level headed than this fellow. He'll prove you wrong. And when he does, I would very much like to see you repeat the stupid things you're saying about him now, and not cheer for him.

Anyway don't judge someone you don't know, that's all I want to say.

Don't contradict yourself. We might not be Belgian, but we are very much aware of what's going around us. The fact that we aren't biased makes us more objective in our assessments - think about that.

:lol: the #10 in Brazil's NT is worse (or isn't better) than an AM in Belgium's NT (as according to you the club performance is unfair given the time Oscar had and Kev didn't, so let's compare NTs)...

Okay then, mate.

:blink:

So in your opinion Oscar is better then Bale too? Oscar's is Brazil's #10 and Bale is only an AM in Wales' national team? :D

I'm not saying that comparing club performance is unfair, there's almost nothing to compare. In the 2 games De Bruyne and Oscar played in the PL, I don't think one was better then the other. They both had a decent/good game against Hull and both were mis-used in the Utd-game. I just think that if De Bruyne got the game-time Oscar did, he would do as well as Oscar is doing. Partly because I like De Bruyne's attributes more to play as a number 10. For me, Oscar doens't create enough chances for a number 10, I don't think he has assisted a goal this season? He's good at finishing chances though.

All I know is Chelsea played their best 45 minutes of the season first half against Hull & KDB was MOTM.

nope. imo we played better the second half against Tottenham... and that's Tots, not some newly promoted side whose manager started the match worshiping mourinho and convinced they would lose.

also think we played very well against bayern until rami was sent off.

but I agree first half against hull was also great, but don't think our best

People should calm down.

We've played 9 games this season. KDB started 3 and came on in 2

I Know he is belgium's best player even better than hazard (according to belgium supporters who know him well) but hazard is better than KDB for chelsea so he will start more. No need to say if hazard can start then KDB must be starting.

KDB will prove himself, he has fighting spirit.

I just thank God we loaned lukaku because if he was getting as much playing time as KDB, mourinho would be a sworn enemy in belgium

:blink:

So in your opinion Oscar is better then Bale too? Oscar's is Brazil's #10 and Bale is only an AM in Wales' national team? :D

I'm not saying that comparing club performance is unfair, there's almost nothing to compare. In the 2 games De Bruyne and Oscar played in the PL, I don't think one was better then the other. They both had a decent/good game against Hull and both were mis-used in the Utd-game. I just think that if De Bruyne got the game-time Oscar did, he would do as well as Oscar is doing. Partly because I like De Bruyne's attributes more to play as a number 10. For me, Oscar doens't create enough chances for a number 10, I don't think he has assisted a goal this season? He's good at finishing chances though.

right, dude

next time use Cris or Messi and you'll make even more sense.

My point is Oscar has been proving in a very competitive NT that he has quality. He played some out of this world matches for us there in the last two years - not much during CC because he was very tired, but still was a key player. saying he had a meh season for us last year is really downgrading a guy to show how good another is, you don't need to make Oscar (or anyone else) to look bad to actually convince us Kev is good. I at least have been convinced by that for months.

I stand by my words... Oscar is better. Just won CC not beating Croatia and Serbia, but against Italy and Spain. He was immense for us in the CL matches last year, took a while to adapt to the physicality and the style of EPL, but has been showing to be much better adapted this season.

I don't know why 1) I come to Belgian players threads 2) I bother to answer posts here.

We have great Belgian fans here - regardless if they're Chelsea fans too or not - who bring great POVs, information and insight about the players, but the tinted glasses most of you wear about those kids are annoying. Belgian players can never be criticized around here. You say a thing about a belgian and suddenly there are 2, 3, 4 people defending the guy with their lives. the manager favors another player over a belgian, and he's shit and clueless and the belgian player should be loaned or sold because you guys are terrified one of your kids will lose form for not playing... then the best thing to do is keep them all in the belgian league where they're surely to start every single match.

we get it, you have a talent generation of young players. the world has seen it a thousand times before...

right, dude

next time use Cris or Messi and you'll make even more sense.

My point is Oscar has been proving in a very competitive NT that he has quality. He played some out of this world matches for us there in the last two years - not much during CC because he was very tired, but still was a key player. saying he had a meh season for us last year is really downgrading a guy to show how good another is, you don't need to make Oscar (or anyone else) to look bad to actually convince us Kev is good. I at least have been convinced by that for months.

I stand by my words... Oscar is better. Just won CC not beating Croatia and Serbia, but against Italy and Spain. He was immense for us in the CL matches last year, took a while to adapt to the physicality and the style of EPL, but has been showing to be much better adapted this season.

I don't know why 1) I come to Belgian players threads 2) I bother to answer posts here.

We have great Belgian fans here - regardless if they're Chelsea fans too or not - who bring great POVs, information and insight about the players, but the tinted glasses most of you wear about those kids are annoying. Belgian players can never be criticized around here. You say a thing about a belgian and suddenly there are 2, 3, 4 people defending the guy with their lives. the manager favors another player over a belgian, and he's shit and clueless and the belgian player should be loaned or sold because you guys are terrified one of your kids will lose form for not playing... then the best thing to do is keep them all in the belgian league where they're surely to start every single match.

we get it, you have a talent generation of young players. the world has seen it a thousand times before...

You are truly serious about the NT-comparison apparantly. Beating Italy and Spain with Brazil instead of beating Croatia and Serbia with Belgium apparantly is a valid argument to prove that Oscar's better. Seriously?

In my opinion you are doing exactly the same you are blaming "all of the Belgians on this board" of. Oscar clearly is your favorite Chelsea-player, so it's probably not worth further discussion between us both. No-one said Oscar is shit. One guy said Oscar's last season had lots of meh-games. In your opinion, I'm, and with me all the other Belgians, just here to defend the Belgian Chelsea-players.

Well I'm not. It's not just Chelsea, I've always been bothered by coaches using double standards, especially if they are more critically towards younger players and more lenient towards more experienced players. There are more experienced Chelsea-players that haven't played one convincing game this season. Yet they don't get publically punished for one bad game. While they are experienced players from who you should expect even more convincing games then a young player playing his first season in the Premier League. Yet the older players are still with the team and one of the younger players gets stick publically for a bad cup-game. Ofcourse Mourinho has every right to expect more from De Bruyne, but he should not treat him like he did yesterday.

You probably wasnt even watching, since KDB wasnt involved at all.

I've seen every match of Chelsea this season start to finish regardless of who's playing :-) (except Swindon, I have to be honest)

Okay, I take back what I said about Luiz. I don't like the way he plays, but that's my problem.

True Chelsea were good second half against Tottenham, but not nearly as fluent & quick as first half against Hull. Okay, you can't compare Tottenham & Hull, but still, football was a lot better back then. Seeing them play like that I thought they'd be champions this year 10 points ahead of the rest.

Reason why second half against Tottenham was good, obvioulsy Juan Mata coming in. For me still the best player of Chelse. He should ALWAYS play. As for De Bruyne, he just deserves a fair shot. To start two or three matches in a row, and not in league cup or other friendlies ... I'm sure he'd surprise you, as he did with the whole of Germany in the Bündesliga.

Time will tell, I have good hope for him.

I just thank God we loaned lukaku because if he was getting as much playing time as KDB, mourinho would be a sworn enemy in belgium

It's not all about the Belgians. I wasn't too convinved about Lukaku playing for Chelsea either. But okay, if you look at how he's playing at Everton now, maybe it was a bad decision from Mou after all. I think we can safely assume that he would have scored a lot more goals than Torres, Etoo or Ba (maybe even the 3 of them combined :-)) ... but okay Lukaku still requires a lot of polishing, definitely in the technical area, and I fear he'll never really break through at Chelsea. And Hazard, I think he needs to step up as well, his stats are nowhere this seasons, maybe replace him by De Bruyne ;-)

It's not all about the Belgians. I wasn't too convinved about Lukaku playing for Chelsea either. But okay, if you look at how he's playing at Everton now, maybe it was a bad decision from Mou after all. I think we can safely assume that he would have scored a lot more goals than Torres, Etoo or Ba (maybe even the 3 of them combined :-)) ... but okay Lukaku still requires a lot of polishing, definitely in the technical area, and I fear he'll never really break through at Chelsea. And Hazard, I think he needs to step up as well, his stats are nowhere this seasons, maybe replace him by De Bruyne ;-)

I can understand you guys frustration on KDB. He is your best player in qualifiers, so naturally it will be frustrating to see him not play much.

But in chelsea, hazard is seen as the better player so he will play more. He needs to step up though but I blame it on his niggling injuries, I think it hasn't properly healed and he's been playing with it this season.

Lukaku will shine but to tell you my true opinion, I really want him to develop his first touch and chest control. Its too random for my liking(it can be very good, then horribly bad few seconds later) if he does this, he'll be a far better player than he already is.

On KDB, he is a good player. His technique of passing is rare, he can provide any type of pass. This makes his vision look better than it is because others can't execute passes like KDB can. His weakness is his tackling and sometimes he tries to over pass at impossible angles, that's why his passing accuracy is normally low for a midfielder.

Jose stormed out because he didn't want the media to start questioning him about every player he drops because the critics will just be waiting for wrong answers. But once he adjusts to jose's system, he'll play more trust me. Jose likes quick transitions counters and KDB's long range passing will suit it well.

I'm belgian and I'm a huge fan of KDB, but even I am getting frustrated with some of the Belgian fanboys over here.
Let's be honest, Kevin has not been performing well enough, except for the Hull game. He needs to step up his game and it seems more then normal that Mourinho is trying to make that clear to Kevin. The words in the media might have been a bit harsh to be honest, but guess that's Mou style. I hope Kevin has the right attitude to pick it up and prove Mourinho wrong. Hopefully he will also be given future opportunities to prove he does deserve a place on the first team.

To some people I would like to mention though that KDB wasn't chosen as the youth player of the year in the Bundlesliga last season just for giggles. There is a reason why he is rated quite highly in Germany. And yes, for Chelsea he has been underperforming so far, so I can't say I disagree with Mourinho.

However I do think if KDB is not able to prove Mourinho wrong by January, that he should be able to be send out on a loan.

I dont understand what a loan will do for him....

KDB is going to still behind Oscar and Hazard. In addition, both Willian and Schurrle were both Mourinho buys, so I still think Mourinho values those two before KDB....

KDB is going to still behind Oscar and Hazard. In addition, both Willian and Schurrle were both Mourinho buys, so I still think Mourinho values those two before KDB....

Spot on. In a team with 6 absolute top attacking midfielders it's only logical he was never gonna be a first XI player. On top of Hazard, Mata and Oscar who were already settled in last season, Willian and Schürrle were buyings from Mourinho himself. And he was the loanie who had a great season at a Bundesliga midtable team. The preseason might have given him false hope that he could claim something, and now the lack of prospects on game time have completely demotivated him. He simply had unreal expectations and Mourinho has guilt on that. Sign that he is not a top player? Maybe, but it was always gonna end like this. A loan is also unnecessary as with the current offensive wealth in the Chelsea team he would not get a consecutive run of games, ever. Leaving is the best solution.

You are truly serious about the NT-comparison apparantly. Beating Italy and Spain with Brazil instead of beating Croatia and Serbia with Belgium apparantly is a valid argument to prove that Oscar's better. Seriously?

In my opinion you are doing exactly the same you are blaming "all of the Belgians on this board" of. Oscar clearly is your favorite Chelsea-player, so it's probably not worth further discussion between us both. No-one said Oscar is shit. One guy said Oscar's last season had lots of meh-games. In your opinion, I'm, and with me all the other Belgians, just here to defend the Belgian Chelsea-players.

Well I'm not. It's not just Chelsea, I've always been bothered by coaches using double standards, especially if they are more critically towards younger players and more lenient towards more experienced players. There are more experienced Chelsea-players that haven't played one convincing game this season. Yet they don't get publically punished for one bad game. While they are experienced players from who you should expect even more convincing games then a young player playing his first season in the Premier League. Yet the older players are still with the team and one of the younger players gets stick publically for a bad cup-game. Ofcourse Mourinho has every right to expect more from De Bruyne, but he should not treat him like he did yesterday.

I used the NT to show you Oscar isn't a nobody. He's actually a very good player. If you go pages back in this very thread you'll see me defending de Bruyne, asking things about him that I don't know (such as his abilities to play as a CM), you'll see me longing to see him playing more and just worshiping him in the Hull's match and complaining about his absence in the following game against Villa.

Also my favorite player happens to be Eden Hazard (reason why my home kit is his and not Oscar's). Momentarily I'm favoring Oscar because Eden is struggling, and my faves will always be based on their performances. There isn't much of a fangirl bone in my body in my teams' players - unless when the ones I have soft spots for are also performing on high level (I fangirl to no end on Cris, but when he had his shitty streak last season I bitched about him during the matches to no end).

Also I didn't mean all Belgians, I made that clear... I like and look forward to reading many of them. Weckerz, Hamilton, mediator, and a few others. It doesn't change the fact many of you are very defensive of the players, which is okay actually (I defend Chelsea as a crazy girl in general forums in Portuguese I'm part of), but it makes criticizing a bad performance or bad form sort of entering a mined field because then we're accused of not knowing the players well, of being unfair, of talking about we don't know, or in Kev's case the most used argument is that he's the most talented player in Belgium NT, miles ahead of Eddie. Well, it doesn't translate into club form then. Eden had an amazing season for us (considering he had some issues adapting, as expected) and for Chelsea FC he is the best of all Belgians we have (including the loaned) imo.

I do agree with you about others having bad performances and not being dropped from the team. The biggest example of that is exactly Hazard, but it could be said about Lampard too when Mou insists on playing him twice a week and compromising our midfield. Cole has also been alternating some horror matches with decent ones.

Kev is much more talented than André imo, but André has been showing much more will, clutch, and relentless work for us than Kev is, and that makes up for the technical part if the guy is giving his all. Any manager values those things.

As for who's better, let's agree we disagree? I admit I don't know Kev as well as you guys do, so I can't say who will end up being the best player, but right now for the club Oscar is better and he's very good in our NT as well. As I have a huge soft spot for Belgium I've watched 3 of your last 4 matches (missed exactly the one Kev seemingly played the best as I didn't watch the match against Scotland, in comparison including the CC I've watched only 2 and a half Brazil's matches in the last 10), I saw him playing very well, but nothing out of this world as made out here most time. Maybe I wasn't lucky to watch his best matches or maybe it's just different perceptions.

Well I suggested a loan since that means Chelsea is still playing the card of potential, but then again Kevin is 22 years old now so I he's becoming at an age at which you are not youth anymore.

Either way I hope Kevin proves Mourinho wrong, but if he is not able to, they should indeed loan/sell him, depending on what might be best for Chelsea.