Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Better then Lampard?

Lampard who is probably now the best player ever in the history of this club?

Damn, he is either that good or the over hype is going overboard. Like when people did the same thing with Kakuta......

He probably means Lampard now(age) in his position as CM .... not the epic one :-)

He probably means Lampard now(age) in his position as CM .... not the epic one :-)

Even Lampard now at his age is still at beast and will have him on my team above any other player....well besides Mata.

But today, KDB over Lampard? No way Jose!

Let him stay on loan till Lampard is ready to leave.

Better then Lampard?

Lampard who is probably now the best player ever in the history of this club?

Damn, he is either that good or the over hype is going overboard. Like when people did the same thing with Kakuta......

I meant in the present, unless you have a way of bringing the Lampard of 2005 to play with us next season..

Even Lampard now at his age is still at beast and will have him on my team above any other player....well besides Mata.

But today, KDB over Lampard? No way Jose!

Let him stay on loan till Lampard is ready to leave.

Your sentiment is clouding your brain

Your sentiment is clouding your brain

Probably, but Lampard is still king at Chelsea.

He saved our ass this season so many times, and he is a Chelsea image.

He sets the standards and the examples for new incoming players.

So in this point in time with so many young players, I rather have a Lampard then a KDB.

KDB is still young, and can come back to the team after a season or so.

Does he usually play on the left wing like this for the national team?

Depends on the opposition. When playing away-games he usually plays as a winger to strengthen the central midfield with Fellaini. Our last home-game against Macedonia he played as a number 10 in a central position.

I get the sentimentality for Lampard, but he cannot do as my much as De Bruyne at his age. Lest anyone forget De Bruyne LED the Bundesliga in kilometers run with 356kms. What is mind blowing is that De Bruyne has been the best Midfielder/player for Belgium (excepting for Courtois) over the last 12 months and Dortmund is courting him for the paltry sum of 17 million which some posters here seem to have no issue with....

De Bruyne should be starting for Chelsea next year and I wouldn't begrudge him one bit to move Dortmund because he'll actually have a good shot at starting there.

I get the sentimentality for Lampard, but he cannot do as my much as De Bruyne at his age. Lest anyone forget De Bruyne LED the Bundesliga in kilometers run with 356kms. What is mind blowing is that De Bruyne has been the best Midfielder/player for Belgium (excepting for Courtois) over the last 12 months and Dortmund is courting him for the paltry sum of 17 million which some posters here seem to have no issue with....

De Bruyne should be starting for Chelsea next year and I wouldn't begrudge him one bit to move Dortmund because he'll actually have a good shot at starting there.

On the right wing?

If he could adapt to the right wing I feel he could be our version of Bayern's Muller. They possess very similar qualities; Only Muller is probably better at heading whereas De Bruyne is better at passing + crossing. Both have a great work rate and while not being the past tacklers they will win the ball back one way or another.

They're probably both level when it comes to finishing too.

On the right wing?

It depends on what Dortmund's needs are and how Klopp sees De Bruyne fitting into his style. I could see De Bruyne being given lots of freedom of movement at Dortmund. I will admit I'd need to go back and watch Dortmund matches to see what Klopp does and see who Dortmund is losing. I'm of the opinion that De Bruyne is too impactful a player to leave on the bench

If he could adapt to the right wing I feel he could be our version of Bayern's Muller. They possess very similar qualities; Only Muller is probably better at heading whereas De Bruyne is better at passing + crossing. Both have a great work rate and while not being the past tacklers they will win the ball back one way or another.

I'd say they're quite different, tbh. Muller isn't pacy and he isn't a ball-player. He is very, very intelligent though. Aware. His movement is fantastic. KdB (from what I've seen) is much more technical, much more of an on-the-ball player. Not extremely pacy though.

A loan or selling him would be stupid imo

Here in belgium people rate him equal even higher than hazard, thats not my opinion but to be fair in our NT he's been better than eden.

This guy is a real gem, hopefully mou realise this

It depends on what Dortmund's needs are and how Klopp sees De Bruyne fitting into his style. I could see De Bruyne being given lots of freedom of movement at Dortmund. I will admit I'd need to go back and watch Dortmund matches to see what Klopp does and see who Dortmund is losing. I'm of the opinion that De Bruyne is too impactful a player to leave on the bench

I meant where would you see him starting for us.

Sorry I can't give you post the proper respect and answer in a similarly long post, but I have an exam in 45 mins. But I will try to answer briefly. First, it's not exactly fair to hold me responsible for every criticism the board receives because of one sentence. In fact I've been among the people calling to loan out again Courtois, Chalobah and even Lukaku (depending on circumstances). But you can't say that all of those cases with our loaned players are the same.

Like I said on the previous page, it all boils down to the fact Kevin is A LOT better than plenty of the options we already have here. That's where we disagree. You say that he will be counting clouds on the bench, I say that he will at least get 30-35 appearances (not starts) for us next season because in my eyes, he is much better than Moses, Lampard, and even Oscar and more importantly Schurrle. That's where the problem is. What will you think when you know you are better than half your teammates but your club is using you just as a tool to lure a player that you are also better than? The message that the board is sending to Kevin is that they don't believe he is good enough despite everyone else believing in his ability.

KDB is similar to Oscar and Mata, I know not the same at all, but they are attacking creative type players.

Schurrle is a different player, people aren't understand this at all, they are just too bothered about the price tag.

They are different players, Muller is more movement and work rate than De Bruyne.

That's not De Bruynes place at all, De Bruyne has far too much creativity to be placed there out wide, he needs to be playing centre also where he can kick a ball more effectively on his right foot.