Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I really dont get why we have to loan him ...

We dont owe Leverkusen anything I don't get why its our problem to find a replacement for them .

We pay money, u either except it or not.

We're idiots. Yes, we've had some good signings lately but we prove it time and time again that we are just fucking clueless in the transfer market. Emanalo is not the angel he is portrayed to be.

We're idiots. Yes, we've had some good signings lately but we prove it time and time again that we are just fucking clueless in the transfer market. Emanalo is not the angel he is portrayed to be.

I dunno I mean we did sign good players..

Still we do dumb shit.

On ESPN Press Pass they mentioned KDB has already agreed terms with Dortmund and we are the ones blocking the move. It seems KDB wants to leave and the only way we change that is to recall him this season or loan him in England (close to home).

Honestly though, it seems more and more likely we will sell him and yet another player will bite us in the ass.

Who has bite us in the ass?

Sturridge?

Borini?

Stoch?

Rajkovic?

Hardly top talents that you think they have the potential to be like Hazard, Mata or Lampard.

Sturridge was good, but it was mainly the fault of the club trying to bring the best out of Torres, which was a fail event.

Other then that, I don't think there has been a player we let go that turned out to be world class.

If you have one, please let me know so I can rationalize with you about this.

I would imagine our First 11, front 3 would be

Schurrle Mata Hazard

Once Schurlle is settled in.

You're going to be bitterly disappointed, my friend.

The crux of the problem here is that Kevin is already a better player than Schurrle. That's why it makes no sense to loan him out and pay 20m to get Schurrle.

You're going to be bitterly disappointed, my friend.

The crux of the problem here is that Kevin is already a better player than Schurrle. That's why it makes no sense to loan him out and pay 20m to get Schurrle.

Why would i be bitterly disappointed?

I have already said several times i would rather we didn't loan KDB, but i don't see it as as big an issue as many make out for the reasons i have already stated such as:

1. Re-sale Value.

2. KDB gets to be star of a champions league team and gain valuable experience.

3. Schurlle gives us an alternative option

Just because we all rate Kevin highly doesn't mean the club will just put him in the first 11, so in truth he could be just a squad player for this season, so i don't see a problem with his loan deal. Selfishly/impatiently, i would love to see him come here straight away under mou, then become a world beater and play alongside Mata and Hazard but it doesn't always work like this.

Schurlle is another option, so it shouldn't be a KDB vs Schurlle thing. They are both Young talented Chelsea players. (if this goes through).

I meant the part where you said Schurrle will be a starter.

I was only saying what i thought it would be, and what Mourinho would go with. Don't particular have an opinion as yet, as to what i would play before we get to august.

I was only saying what i thought it would be, and what Mourinho would go with. Don't particular have an opinion as yet, as to what i would play before we get to august.

Yes I know that that's what you think. That's why I said you're going to be disappointed.

I'm confident KDB will be called back, he's a typical Mourinho player. ULTIMATE BEAST in a counter-attacking system.

I Love your optimism.

I would like to think that JM would find a way of playing him so he wouldn't have to worry about losing his WC spot. Unless...

The bottom line is that while some people believe sending 'em on loan would send 'em a bad message, I believe it send 'em a good message. While some see that the board disregards their achievement ; I see the board "rewarding" them by sending them in better teams. While some choose to believe the club let them on the side of the road ; I see the board respecting them, because they give them the opportunity to have a bright future even if it's not at Chelsea — I bet that a lot of our young players of the past would have loved such a treatment.

I thought that Lukaku himselfs came out and said that he felt like he needed another loan before coming in our team — because it was better for him, or something ? If my memory serves my right, Kalas also said that he needed to make another step before joining our ranks. I believe that Courtois said that he was aware that he would not take over Cech before two years or something along those lines. To me, these players that what the club is doing to 'em is a good thing. The board doesn't exactly let them sleep outside at night on the pavement ; he follows them throughout their development and research what's the best for both parties.

If you want to reward a player for doing well on a loan spell, you give him a chance to play in the first team. It's not like De Bruyne is an 18 year old who needs another 2-3 seasons on loan to get some experience under his belt.

I don't see the point in loaning out KDB to the Bundesliga again..when we could clearly use someone of his ability in the midfield rotation.

Looking at Lukaku, he just wants to learn...and if we end up not buying another striker...he'd probably fancy his chances of competing against Floppes & Ba for a first-team spot.

As for Kalas, he isn't ready. Should be playing against stronger opposition week in week out if he wants to play for Chelsea.

I stayed away from this topic as long as I could — and hopped to do so for the upcoming months — but I am too bothered by what's going on in this topic. And, Choulo, if I'm quoting you on this, it's not to single you out, but because the sentence of yours that I bolded is the illustration of what I am annoyed about.

There's two ways to analyse the situation regarding some of our youngsters, namely KdB and Lukaku (these being the more talked about). There's two ways to interprete the fact that, a priori, the club wants to loan them out, again, for the next season. One way being to see that as a lack of concern from the board about the players themselves, about their future. The other being to see this as the club's will to offer them the best for their development and thus their future.

It appears that the trend on this forum is that to see the situation from the first point of view that I mentioned. Indeed, a lot of people seems to think that the club overlooks these young players, that the club disregards them, because they do not reward them for their good season. These people see this as a mean behavior toward them ; these people blast the board.

However, despite being very criticizing toward the board by the past, I stand by their side regarding these cases ; I choose to see from the bright side. Firstly, I believe that a lot of people has forgotten all the good the Club did to them by loaning them last season. Instead of letting them rotting on the bench or in the stands, the board found a way to offer them the possibility to play week in, week out. Had Lukaku stayed here, he would have had all the time he wished to learn to speak portuguese with Ferreira and go to the barbershop with Malouda, simply because he would not have been good enough, and because he would not have had playing time because of the ladyboy. Had de Bryune stayed here, he might have ended up to play "who's gonna play the less" with Marin. But no, being loaned out allow them to develop properly and to get exposure as well. In this regard, they flourished (or started) and made a name for themselves. Thanks to that, the both of them are playing in their National team. Lukaku has well enough developed to be considered by a lot competent enough to be our striker next season ; while de Bryune has attracted the interest of Dortmund, the emerging top club, who's allegedly ready to splash 17 millions d'euro to aquire his service.

So, to start of, the way the club has handled these two players isn't that bad, is it ? And now, what if they are loaned out again ? Is this a bad message send by the board ? Mind yourselves, would it be a good message send by the board if we were to keep them and let them counting the clouds on the bench ? I don't think the club is acting badly. Into my eyes, the Club just want to cuddle them ; he wants to brings out the best out of them, could it be on a sportive or commercial level. If de Bryune is once again loaned out the up-coming season, he will be able to play an important role in a Champions League team which will be competing for the top four in its league. Lukaku will play on a regular basis for a team playing in the Europa League aiming for a good spot in the Premier League. As a matter of fact, they will develop even further and they will gain experience. Thanks to it, they will be legit candidates for their National team ; they will play the World Cup in Brazil next summer. They will also be serious candidates to have an important role in our team in two seasons. Up to now, is this a bad thing ? And, even if next summer they are sold for a X or Y reason, retrospectively, would the year on loan be a bad thing ? Not really, they will have a good rep and be able to join top a team, thus playing top football and having big fat wages.

The bottom line is that while some people believe sending 'em on loan would send 'em a bad message, I believe it send 'em a good message. While some see that the board disregards their achievement ; I see the board "rewarding" them by sending them in better teams. While some choose to believe the club let them on the side of the road ; I see the board respecting them, because they give them the opportunity to have a bright future even if it's not at Chelsea — I bet that a lot of our young players of the past would have loved such a treatment.

Finally, don't we forget the fact the your loaned players seems to be in harmony with the Club's philosophy ? I mean... I thought that Lukaku himselfs came out and said that he felt like he needed another loan before coming in our team — because it was better for him, or something ? If my memory serves my right, Kalas also said that he needed to make another step before joining our ranks. I believe that Courtois said that he was aware that he would not take over Cech before two years or something along those lines. To me, these players that what the club is doing to 'em is a good thing. The board doesn't exactly let them sleep outside at night on the pavement ; he follows them throughout their development and research what's the best for both parties.

Handling yougsters is a bit like growing your own sess crops. You have to be patient. It takes them time to flourish and to be able to offer you what you are looking for. And, strangely enough, to your own eyes it seems that because of a godly injustice your friends' crops grow faster than yours, and thus you're too tempted to "roll that shit, light that shit, smoke it" sooner than you're supposed to be. But you have to wait, even if it means that you have to visit umpteen times your dealer in the meantime — it does not mean you don't want your sess crops anymore, nor that you want to let 'em die, it means that you want them to reach their pinnacle and to blossom as vegetal beings. If you decide to consume your own production too early, you will end up disappointed because it would be neither smokable, nor salable. Et voilà.

P.S. Pardon me if my comment does not have any coherence or sense, I've been doing my homework until this late hour, which has throughoutly messed me up.

Sorry I can't give you post the proper respect and answer in a similarly long post, but I have an exam in 45 mins. But I will try to answer briefly. First, it's not exactly fair to hold me responsible for every criticism the board receives because of one sentence. In fact I've been among the people calling to loan out again Courtois, Chalobah and even Lukaku (depending on circumstances). But you can't say that all of those cases with our loaned players are the same.

Like I said on the previous page, it all boils down to the fact Kevin is A LOT better than plenty of the options we already have here. That's where we disagree. You say that he will be counting clouds on the bench, I say that he will at least get 30-35 appearances (not starts) for us next season because in my eyes, he is much better than Moses, Lampard, and even Oscar and more importantly Schurrle. That's where the problem is. What will you think when you know you are better than half your teammates but your club is using you just as a tool to lure a player that you are also better than? The message that the board is sending to Kevin is that they don't believe he is good enough despite everyone else believing in his ability.

Sorry I can't give you post the proper respect and answer in a similarly long post, but I have an exam in 45 mins. But I will try to answer briefly. First, it's not exactly fair to hold me responsible for every criticism the board receives because of one sentence. In fact I've been among the people calling to loan out again Courtois, Chalobah and even Lukaku (depending on circumstances). But you can't say that all of those cases with our loaned players are the same.

Like I said on the previous page, it all boils down to the fact Kevin is A LOT better than plenty of the options we already have here. That's where we disagree. You say that he will be counting clouds on the bench, I say that he will at least get 30-35 appearances (not starts) for us next season because in my eyes, he is much better than Moses, Lampard, and even Oscar and more importantly Schurrle. That's where the problem is. What will you think when you know you are better than half your teammates but your club is using you just as a tool to lure a player that you are also better than? The message that the board is sending to Kevin is that they don't believe he is good enough despite everyone else believing in his ability.

Better then Lampard?

Lampard who is probably now the best player ever in the history of this club?

Damn, he is either that good or the over hype is going overboard. Like when people did the same thing with Kakuta......