Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I don't get it. I'd much rather have Kevin than Schurrle. Seems Leverkusen completely screwed us over in this deal..

Different type of players and he's going out on loan where he'll have first team football. Comes back to us next year an even better player. Schurrle adds much needed depth in the squad.

Don't see how we've been "completely screwed".

I know they're different players, but I'd rather have Kevin who could also provide much needed squad depth, except he'd come for free. We're being completely screwed because we're paying 20m and they're getting the better player!

We still own De Bruyne. In terms of squad depth, we need a winger and a striker and Schurrle can fulfil both roles.

We're not being screwed in the slightest. We're using our existing resources to acquire new players whilst also giving players like De Bruyne valuable experience in the Champions League, and also competing at the top end of competitive league.

Personally I'd prefer both players in the squad next season, but this move is fairly logical.

Bottom line is our squad for next season is weaker than it would have been had we simply recalled Kevin. And who says Kevin will be recalled at the end of next season even if we still own him. What kind of message does it give out to him when we don't recall him even after he has an amazing season?

this is the most important thing to get out of the whole transfer saga. the way we use kdb, lukaku in this transfer season would go a long way in determining their future with us.

Hazard must be happy, one of his main reasons to sign for chelsea was because his good friends Lukaku and De bruyne had signed here.

At this rate, his brother, Lukaku and De Bruyne won't be here for another season...

what i dont understand is we do loan KDB, who ll be our players for the front 3. schurlle, moses, MAZACAR. schurlle will take time to settle down, moses blows hot and cold so the onus would again be on MAZACAR to do everything in another 60+ matches long season.

People are acting like we've just sold him for a slice of pie. Please stop. We're (potentially) loaning out a 21 year old player who'll be getting more games as a starter at a CL team than him being a bench option here, likely growing frustrated after a previously successful campaign where he was pivotal to a team's success, which could then cause some problems here. At Bayer he'll be used in a completely different role as to how he would be deployed here and even Werder, meaning when he comes back we'll see if he's that good and able to play wherever he's put or if he does need to specifically be put in 'his' position.

It's not even a done deal. This could all hit a snag if the 2 clubs can't agree a price for Schurrle.

I am inclined to agree with this tbh.

As much as we all rate him highly, realistically he may not get that much game time, especially in his preffered positon, wheras on loan he can go and be the pinnacle of that team, which still has champions league football. The impatient guy in me, wants him to come here straight away, but i think the move will be good for him, and won't be detremental to him at all.

Silly decision in my opinion I would have rather loaned out moses than Kdb , look how he played his last international game created nearly three goals for them imo we need players like him here soon not out in loan where he would start to wonder himself does chelsea really want him ??? :cry: