Spain V Northern Ireland

Aesthetic Relic

The smallest glimmer of a chance to get to the Euros tonight against Spain.Apparently they are resting the likes of Puyol, Fabregas, Alonso, Torres, Xavi, Casillas and a few other first team regulars as they've already qualified. That maybe suits us to help us get the 3 points we need, It will only be enough if Latvia beat Sweden. The last time Latvia played Sweden in a qualifying in Latvia they won. I know its a petty stat, but I'll cling onto anything atm. After Israel beating Russia the other night it has given me hope that there could well be a shock on the cards tonight.Match kicks off in 15 minutes :whistling: BBC2 and.Ireland 7:00 KO( if anyone wants to watch the first half on Sky before the England game)*clink clink*My mating call.............Beer :D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we gave it a good bloody go.....take note England censored.gif Every game we played we went out there and played for each other. It goes to show that you dont need 11 world class players out on the pitch to make a team. Under Sanchez we had a never say die attitude and Worthington has carried that on.When I reflect back, the 2 games against Iceland really f**ked us over. Losing 3-0 at home and 2-1 away didnt help matters, add to that a 1-0 defeat away to Latvia.Our away record is shocking tbh. 1 win in our last 15 now, surely if we sorted that out we'd stand a good chance of getting the the World cup in 2012. We have made Windsor Park a fortress and the crowd ALWAYS gets behind the team no matter what.