John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Terry and AVB claimed the issue was over because Terry and Ferdinand had a chat after the match. That doesn't jibe with the fact that the FA has opened an investigation with QPR's request. Either Ferdinand didn't agree about the chat and requested an inquiry OR QPR and/or the FA are going ahead with the investigation despite Ferdinand's non-cooperation.

This is serious stuff. I'd like to think Terry would not racially abuse someone. Obviously because I wouldn't want to support a player of questionable racial sensitivity. But even if he and I disagreed on the subject matter, I'd like to think he's not stupid enough to spout racial nonsense in a PL match under white hot glare. Please tell me players nowadays know better?

In any case aside from the thorny morality issues, this is going to hang over the club until a resolution is reached. Fail to get a result against Arsenal and it will be a very slippery slope.

But why should there be any doubt? If anything was said it was obviously in the heat of the moment...the man is after all, good friends with Drogba,Cole,Essien,etc...

i heard he was actually shouting ''blind cunt'' at the ref. which ive seen the vid and it looks that way to me. If thats true, hes right on both shouts. Think when it all blows over he deserves an apology from the media for implying it any other way. Yet another media witch hunt aimed at jt.

To clarify Terry is absolutely innocent until proven otherwise in my eyes. I may have not written my post better because it was about possible 'whys' and such since an official investigation has been launched. If the FA can not find definitely against Terry, he should be cleared and be left in good standing. So that's that.

Sorry to say that he has lots of black friends and teammates reasoning isn't always airtight. Let's take Terry out of this just to make sure I'm not impugning him unfairly.

So speaking generally, a person can say something in the heat of the moment that he may take care to not say around co-workers. Luis Aragones who disparaged Thierry Henry racially had black ex-players who stood up for the old coach and said he was like a father to them. Yet, he was 100% caught on camera describing Henry in a very crude and cringeworthy term. We're human, we are capable of contradictions.

Falsely accusing someone being racist is just as bad as racism.

Agreed.

It's not racist, if it was said. It is offensive though. But if QPR are reporting it, without Anton Ferdinand even confirming what was said, then you're very right.

Agreed.

It's not racist, if it was said. It is offensive though. But if QPR are reporting it, without Anton Ferdinand even confirming what was said, then you're very right.

Why aren't they reporting their own fans who enjoyed abusing JT's parents?

By Chelsea fans?

I wouldn't be shocked if it was mate after what i heard at the Chelsea v Wigan match at the DW stadium i think it was in 2008. Avram grant was subject to Gas chamber noises it was vile and it shocked me at how many people were doing it. I don't think

I don't think Terry said anything like what they are portraying. He probably agreed with Ferdinand sarcastically that he did say black whatever. I doubt he would say it in a direct context because Ashley is really sensitive about these things, i remember against Spain when he was the most effected by the monkey chants even though SWP was the main attraction for those chants. Ashley kept giving the ball away as soon as he heard the chants.