test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norbbiii

Piazon Signs Extension

Started by norbbiii,

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2589434,00.html

Youth and reserve team midfielder

Lucas Piazon has signed an extension to his contract that will keep him with Chelsea until 2017.

The 18-year-old, who graduated from the same Sao Paulo youth setup as former Blue Juliano Belletti, as well as Brazilian legends Kaka and Cafu, arrived at Chelsea at the beginning of this season and has subsequently scored twiec in five reserve outings, and once in six for the youth team, a winner in the FA Youth Cup against Doncaster Rovers in the third round.

http://www.chelseafc...2589434,00.html

arrived at Chelsea at the beginning of this season and has subsequently scored twiec in five reserve outings, and once in six for the youth team, a winner in the FA Youth Cup against Doncaster Rovers in the third round.

Spell check please, CFC.

Swedish House Mafia likes this

Good news. Get him on the bench. I would rather see him there than Mikel.

Completely different players..

And he isn't good enough to be on the bench. He still has to adapt to England and isn't even the best Reserve player..

Looks like he means to be a Chelsea player for a while then. It would be great if he pushed into the First Team with McEachran.

Ashblues likes this

I'm very curious about his wages..I hate how highly foreign reserve imports are hyped (in contrast to the ones being at the academy for >2-3 years) but if the club is just giving away 5 year contracts with high wages (considering that he has yet to play the game at a professional level) then hype is the last thing we should worry about.

Completely different players..

And he isn't good enough to be on the bench. He still has to adapt to England and isn't even the best Reserve player..

Two different players. DUH!! I wasn't comparing them! We don't need Mikel we have Essien, Ramires and Romeu. Piazon would be another attacking midfield option, which we lack.

Two different players. DUH!! I wasn't comparing them! We don't need Mikel we have Essien, Ramires and Romeu. Piazon would be another attacking midfield option, which we lack.

I know you weren't but Mikel is our back-up holding midfielder. I think it's necessary to have a back-up for Romeu on the bench, even if you don't use him. I'd rather replace Malouda with Piazon (but seen your recently opened topic, you'll probably disagree). They play in more similar positions.