Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From FFP point chelsea and psg cant buy him unless they sell a player, only bayern manu real can. , barca has a ban

From a purely FFP standpoint, we could probably afford to spend more than we have done in recent windows. I suspect one of the reasons we haven't is so that we can build up an FFP surplus. That way, if a marquee signing of interest becomes available, we'll be in position to make a move.

P.S. Barca have huge pull. If they want Pogba, and if they are his first choice destination, I think it will certainly be possible for them to persuade him to wait an extra five months for their ban to expire.

The summer of 2015 will be know as the Battle of Pogba. Chelsea, PSG and Real are IMO the only teams currently capable of paying for him. Is ManU ready to pay +80million euros for a player they let of free two seasons ago? I don't think so. If Real are getting Reus, I don't think even they can afford him, unless they sell Bale of course.

From FFP point of view, how much would Chelsea need to sell in order to be able to pay possible world record for Pogba?

Before we think about if we can afford an £80m transfer fee, I think we need to consider whether we should spend that much on one player. Personally, I think we are still a few top class players short of being ready for that kind of shopping. I doubt we could make a marquee signing and buy two other top level players in the same year.

In any case, I'd like Jose to take a long hard look at Loftus-Cheek before he commits huge resources to Pogba. I'd only be happy for the boss to sign off on Pogba if he decides that we are not going to be able to help Ruben maximise his potential. I'm not committing one way or the other on whether Ruben can reach Pogba's level but if Jose decides he can get somewhere close, and save us £80m in the process, then that's all good.

I will admit I haven't.

he is a brilliant player. can control the tempo of the game. even defensively he is solid. but most importantly he has a knack of scoring goals. the importance of a goal scorer in the midfield can be understood by chelsea fans more than any other set of fans.

but, i have to admit that this talk of 80-100mil is crazy. absolutely crazy.

This kid isn't just some player. He is from another planet and as a top club Chelsea should do whatever it takes to get him not only to our side but more importantly away of our rivals' sides. In a world where Di Maria goes for 60 and Suarez for 80, discussions of world-record beater sums isn't that far-fetched notion.

As where it comes to him preventing Loftus-Cheek to make breakthrough, I don't believe it will at any means weaken his chances in comparison to our current setting. If Oscar is simply exchanged for Pogba, RLC still has to be above Ramires, Mikel and Ake, so in order to help his situation we should sell one of those squad players then? As Cesc won't be with us that long anyways I think, RLC has a good chance of making it here in 3-4 years so the best option for him in my opinion for next season would be a loan to Middlesbrough.

Battle for Pogba? Haha. This guy will Madrid player, as well as all players they want. The FFP is commissioned of leaving them without rivals to sign the "Big players". Buy from whomever they want and how they want.

I'm not so sure that Paul Pogba finally going to join Real Madrid.

Yes, it is more likely that Pogba finally finished at Real Madrid. But perhaps his signing it a capicho of Florentino Perez (Real Madrid president) and not a desire of Carlo Ancelotti.

In Spain reports say that Florentino Perez has two quirks: Reus and Pogba. But Ancelotti also has his personal whim: Marco Verratti (Italian player which PSG Ancelotti at PSG and train). And reports say that Ancelotti does not want to Reus but he would be willing to accept the signing of Reus if Real Madrid finally sign Marco Verratti.

If Real Madrid record to Marco Verratti I see very complicated that they fichen also to Pogba.

Obviously Ancelotti (despite today's defeat against Atletico de Madrid) will continue to be the coach of Real Madrid next season and probably Florentino Perez listen to requests from their coach.

I think the signing of Paul Pogba (by either team) will be a long story.

Regards to ALL.

This kid isn't just some player. He is from another planet and as a top club Chelsea should do whatever it takes to get him not only to our side but more importantly away of our rivals' sides. In a world where Di Maria goes for 60 and Suarez for 80, discussions of world-record beater sums isn't that far-fetched notion.

As where it comes to him preventing Loftus-Cheek to make breakthrough, I don't believe it will at any means weaken his chances in comparison to our current setting. If Oscar is simply exchanged for Pogba, RLC still has to be above Ramires, Mikel and Ake, so in order to help his situation we should sell one of those squad players then? As Cesc won't be with us that long anyways I think, RLC has a good chance of making it here in 3-4 years so the best option for him in my opinion for next season would be a loan to Middlesbrough.

Well we'll see on Ruben but Boro are obviously hoping for promotion this season. In that case they could only take one of our players on loan. I don't know because I haven't watched them but it must be a reasonable guess that their first choice at the moment would be to ask for Bamford again.

I've never been entirely convinced by Pogba if I'm honest. He is clearly a good young player but I think he is wildly overrated.

What aspect of his game do you find overrated and what midfielder would you rather have in his price range

For the price being quoted I feel Koke is a better alternative personally. Given the success Spanish imports are having in the premier league, that sways me more towards the spaniard.

Koke is a perfect player for Diego Costa. I saw Diego Costa with Koke and they understand without looking between them.

In addition, Koke can play on the right and left side, his other great quality apart from his great physical work.

There are many options for the midfield, but Koke is a great option.

Regards.

He was immense once again against Milan. It's a joy to watch him.

Thanks LAM09,

The fact that I don't even really know what areas of the pitch Pogba likes to occupy tells you how much I watch him. When I read your comment though it tempted me to seek out an all touches video of his performance yesterday and I found the one below. (Skip past the first 45 seconds which contain the usual waste of time, close up shots.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lfcm5wu_kw

Is this representative of the performance you saw? I ask because there aren't all that many touches which makes me wonder if it's edited. It also doesn't include any defensive contributions he made. Not great information to base an opinion on but, since it's all I've got...

Based on the touches we do see, I have to say I'm surprised by your comment. I see evidence of a talented and confident player who produced two or there impressive involvements but there is also evidence of play that would frustrate the heck out of me if he was wearing a Chelsea shirt.

Rather as I accuse Ruben Loftus-Cheek of doing at times, there are things in that display which are more about trying to look good than they are about being effective. For example, there's the passage from about 2:46 where he does that pointless little drag of his, gives a simple pass, gets it back, dawdles on it and is dispossessed.

There were good things too but nothing more than I think we're entitled to expect from a top level player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You