Paul Pogba

Madmax

A small minority boos a couple of players and we decide not to give young players a chance?

Drogba was booed for constantly diving by the way - he stopped it and became a better player.

But oh no...what if someone boos Pogba? Best not sign him just in case.

What I meant is that, chalobah is an easier target for criticism at his young age than any other player.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand you, we all love terry. Especially when he got the captain's band.

He can only get his chance when

1. Lampard and essien leaves

2. We have a world class pivot combination, with him as a direct sub for a year or two

That's how I see his future, because I can't imagine him just being thrown in to start when lamps and essien leaves.

This is how I see it as well.

Nothing wrong with having Chalobah as next in line as the 3rd choice CM. He'd still get plenty of game time.

I understand TOPTB's qualms, we all want to see our academy products make it, but I seriously don't think signing an extra midfielder who would start alongside Ramires would hamper Chalobah. If anything I wouldn't want Nat to be thrown into the deep end simply because it's a lot better if he become a gradual starter over a span of two years or so - but as said before, being 3rd choice would still get him plenty of game time.

I understand you, we all love terry. Especially when he got the captain's band.

He can only get his chance when

1. Lampard and essien leaves

2. We have a world class pivot combination, with him as a direct sub for a year or two

That's how I see his future, because I can't imagine him just being thrown in to start when lamps and essien leaves.

He shouldn't be thrown in to start but he should be given a chance to fight for that spot. Buying another young player for a lot of money is just a bizarre move to make when Nat has shown so much already.

This is a guy touted for England and Chelsea's captaincy and he had a great season with Watford, but this year he's been sent to a worse Championship team. It's a fucking joke and buying Pogba simply compounds it in my opinion.

What I meant is that, chalobah is an easier target for criticism at his young age than any other player.

I know what you meant. Still think it's completely wrong.

This is how I see it as well.

Nothing wrong with having Chalobah as next in line as the 3rd choice CM. He'd still get plenty of game time.

I understand TOPTB's qualms, we all want to see our academy products make it, but I seriously don't think signing an extra midfielder who would start alongside Ramires would hamper Chalobah. If anything I wouldn't want Nat to be thrown into the deep end simply because it's a lot better if he become a gradual starter over a span of two years or so - but as said before, being 3rd choice would still get him plenty of game time.

So where's Van Ginkel in this? And Mikel? And Loftus-Cheek?

I actually disagree with your comment about us all wanting to see our academy products make it. I think there's plenty of fans who couldn't give a fuck where the players come from so long as we're winning titles.

If we can't get gundogan, and pogba is available for 20-25mil its honestly a no-brainer.

He has high experience champs lge, winning titles, and is basically a young yaya toure. (I can't find any other player this similar to yaya)

He is very good on the ball,(he's not raw) he has very good vision and pass technique. He can spray long passes and he is strong and fast. (Perfect dm qualities we are looking for)

He can score goals from distance, and it will piss of manutd fans if we get him.

Pls with all this reasons, I don't know why anyone will object to this signing.

Well one he isn't a defensive midfielder. Hes a box to box midfielder, we already have the second best one in the EPL imo so why buy another? We need a suitable player to play next to Ramires, signing Pogba to be that player would be the same as playing Lamps there, someone who is used to going up and down the pitch supporting the attackers. We'd effectively be filling a square hole with a round peg, we need to get someone to play next to Ramires or play Mikel more frequently.

Gundogan on the other hand is perfect for what we need, he plays as the deepest midfielder for Dortmund effectively, hes the hub of their team, keeps them ticking, controlling the tempo, we need someone like that.

As talented as Pogba is he isn't the answer.

So where's Van Ginkel in this? And Mikel? And Loftus-Cheek?

I actually disagree with your comment about us all wanting to see our academy products make it. I think there's plenty of fans who couldn't give a fuck where the players come from so long as we're winning titles.

Van Ginkel & Mikel would be behind Nat in my eyes + Marco needs to recover from his injury so wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to another club to get regular minutes.

I don't think RLC is anywhere near ready compared to Chalobah so I wouldn't involve him in the conversation just yet.

You're right in regards that our fans in general probably care more about titles but there are a lot at the same time who want to see Chalobah come through because he obviously has the talent. Personally, I would love it if Nat made it and I'm pretty sure he actually will - but signing another midfielder will not hamper his development IMO especially when Lampard and Essien are leaving in the near future.

I disagree. That isn't the way our crowd works.

Please. Our fans made Nathanial the scapegoat for Watford not winning promotion last season. Imagine what would happen if he played badly for Chelsea!

There is a reason why Frank said that to the fans you're always as good as your last game.

Please. Our fans made Nathanial the scapegoat for Watford not winning promotion last season. Imagine what would happen if he played badly for Chelsea!

Not the supporters I know. In fact I think you're very wrong indeed. Many supporters who followed his progress were mightily impressed with how he did throughout the season and acknowledged that the final was an aberration.

So please yourself.

Van Ginkel & Mikel woul be behind Nat in my eyes + Marco needs to recover from his injury so wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to another club to get regular minutes.

I don't think RLC is anywhere near ready compared to Chalobah so I wouldn't involve him in the conversation just yet.

You're right in regards that our fans in general probably care more about titles but there are a lot at the same time who want to see Chalobah come through because he obviously has the talent. Personally, I would love it if Nat made it and I'm pretty sure he actually will - but signing another midfielder will not hamper his development IMO especially when Lampard and Essien are leaving in the near future.

Exactly. Nate is the future, hes only 19 or 20, we need a midfield player right now, Lampard/Essien are on their last legs, Mikel seems to have fallen slightly out of favor and Marco is out for the season. Mourinho has made it clear he wants Nate to play for us, hes sent him on loan to prepare him so hes good enough to play for us, I personally believe next season he will get regular game time, but still we need a midfielder of equal quality to Rami who can help us right now.

The midfield was the weakest part of our team last year defensively, wingers didn't work back, our 10 didn't press the oppositions 8 and we don't have a proper partner for our best midfielder yet. Rafa and Jose have sorted the wingers coming back to help the fullback in different ways and Jose has moved Oscar into the middle as he is a runner and will press the oppositions deepest midfielder when he gets the ball. He needs to get the next part right because a good midfield player next to Ramires will allow him to do what hes good at, breaking up the pitch causing the opposition problems.

I don't think that's true, football these days is such a high pressured environment, even Ferguson who's job security was a high as mine on fifa career mode with easy board difficulty, hesitated when it came to playing young players in the last 10 years, with exception of Rafeal, who did he play regularly without a PL loan first? even Wenger (who is widely hailed for his youth integration) wouldn't make Wilshere a trusted first team member until he proved himself at Bolton.

I personally think there has to be a balance between the two, club and supporters meeting in the middle so to speak, club's (not just our's) are ultra cautious while the supporters (in general) would happily chuck any half decent product in at the age of 18. We could probably be able to integrate youngsters if that means no title for a few years, but in the world of FFP, we can just not afford to end up outside the top 4.

Not the supporters I know. In fact I think you're very wrong indeed. Many supporters who followed his progress were mightily impressed with how he did throughout the season and acknowledged that the final was an aberration.

So please yourself.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/5751-29-nathaniel-chalobah/page-39

Go ahead, read the few pages during and after the final game.

Well one he isn't a defensive midfielder. Hes a box to box midfielder, we already have the second best one in the EPL imo so why buy another? We need a suitable player to play next to Ramires, signing Pogba to be that player would be the same as playing Lamps there, someone who is used to going up and down the pitch supporting the attackers. We'd effectively be filling a square hole with a round peg, we need to get someone to play next to Ramires or play Mikel more frequently.

Gundogan on the other hand is perfect for what we need, he plays as the deepest midfielder for Dortmund effectively, hes the hub of their team, keeps them ticking, controlling the tempo, we need someone like that.

As talented as Pogba is he isn't the answer.

Yes I said if we can't get gundogan, I can hardly find a better option than pogba.

He's not a typical box to box like you are pointing out,(vidal is more of that) his passing is fantastic. He is like yaya toure. His passing range alone will be a massive improvement in our pivot, he has come in to replace pirlo a lot of times and never changed the way juve play with pirlo's absence.

So its unfair to say he's just a box to box.

Look at yaya toure, he can play as a box to box for mancity, and still fit in as a DM fantastically for barcelona.

Pogba is this type of player.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/5751-29-nathaniel-chalobah/page-39

Go ahead, read the few pages during and after the final game.

So when you say 'our fans' you mean the people in that particular thread?

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

Madmax

Toli

IlyaDamdnodononcdov

Nono

These seem to be the people who blamed him. Most people (like me) saw it as a bad team performance.

Please.

I personally think there has to be a balance between the two, club and supporters meeting in the middle so to speak, club's (not just our's) are ultra cautious while the supporters (in general) would happily chuck any half decent product in at the age of 18. We could probably be able to integrate youngsters if that means no title for a few years, but in the world of FFP, we can just not afford to end up outside the top 4.

We're not talking about a 'half-decent product' here.

As for this meeting in the middle I agree, and we're not even close to that right now.

Madmax

Toli

IlyaDamdnodononcdov

Nono

These seem to be the people who blamed him. Most people (like me) saw it as a bad team performance.

Please.

There were more people in that thread blaming him than there were defending him. That is a sample of our fans. And yes, those people are as much Chelsea fans as you are.

We're not talking about a 'half-decent product' here.

As for this meeting in the middle I agree, and we're not even close to that right now.

I agree and hopefully work will be done on changing that under Jose. Despite the myth that he hates young players, he gave Huth 2 years to prove himself and gave him a fair amount of games despite having the 3 best CB's in the league. He even gave Scott Sinclair his debut in a title decider.

Im aware we are not talking about a 'half decent' product, that comment was more tongue in cheek and not referring to Nathaniel but youth players in general

If we were a midtable club, Chalobah and McEachran would probably be regular's by now, but the problem that would bring, is team's better than us would be sniffing about like a preying mantis.

There were more people in that thread blaming him than there were defending him. That is a sample of our fans. And yes, those people are as much Chelsea fans as you are.

I don't for a minute believe they are a sampling of the Chelsea supporters...not by a long shot. In fact I think that's a pretty big insult to Chelsea supporters to suggest that.

Some people came into that thread, slagged him off and a few members who know they're stuff defended him. One of the people criticising him said it was the first time he had seen him play.

Please. :rolleyes:

Madmax

Toli

IlyaDamdnodononcdov

Nono

Please.

You still can't get away from the fact that significant number of fans will jump on him as an easy target if we are not doing well.

The best option is to integrate him slowly especially as lamps and essien will both vacate that position for him.

You still can't get away from the fact that significant number of fans will jump on him as an easy target if we are not doing well.

The best option is to integrate him slowly especially as lamps and essien will both vacate that position for him.

Well the problem with that fact is it's not a fact. It's your opinion, and I'm not entirely sure what it's based on. Don't confuse TalkChelsea with Stamford Bridge because they are vastly different places.

As a young player I think he'd get a massive amount of support. The Chelsea support is knowledgable enough to know just how special this kid is, and being English helps as well. He'd get a lot of leeway and I doubt he'd be expected to carry the team from the off.

The signing of Pogba simply puts one more player in front of him and that could damage his prospects immensely.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You