Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Seriously, i wonder why all are so hooked on prizes?. Well,.. he is good for 6-7-8 mill but not 9-10- or 11, whats the point?.

Its about us wanting a player or not, Let the little Roman Empire worries about cash. Cahill will be a great player in CFC,

no doubt.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure his transfer fee is included in the 25m stated? If it's not, then his wages are 95k if the figures are accurate :o

I am not sure at all. But I did as if it was, because I don't even want to think him to be on £90k..

I am not sure at all. But I did as if it was, because I don't even want to think him to be on £90k..

haha I know... but I don't think the transfer fee is included (assuming the figures are accurate in the first place) :wacko:

Anyway it's the Mirror. Hope we'll get some more accurate confirmations when he signs

The fee is only 5 mil, so we can give him around 70k wage without problem....

We shouldn't take this into consideration. If we pay another average player way more than he deserves to, it will send the wrong message. Thus every time we will try to sign squad players, they'll want to get paid over the odds. We should try and reduce our huge wage bill, and to eliminate all the players who are paid way more than what they should (i.e. Kalou and his £60k-a-week wage, Malouda and his £80k ; and to a lesser extend, reduce Terry's and Lampard's wage). Last time I checked, we had the second most important wage bill in England, after City, which is mind-blowing considering we have a thin squad and our players aren't good enough. Furthermore, with the FFP, we will be in trouble if we don't manage to have an healthy wage (we may risk to get knock out of the UCL and we won't be able to have a good squad depth). Hence, giving a big wage to an average player will see us taking the wrong path. There are no little savings.

We shouldn't take this into consideration. If we pay another average player way more than he deserves, it will send the wrong message. Thus every time we will try to sign a squad player, they'll want to get paid over the odds. We should try and reduce our huge wage bill, and to eliminate all the players who are paid way more than what they should (i.e. Kalou and his £60k-a-week wage, Malouda and his £80k ; and to a lesser extend, reduce Terry's and Lampard's wage). Last time I checked, we had the second most important wage bill in England, after City, which is mind-blowing considering we have a thin squad and our players aren't good enough. Furthermore, with the FFP, we will be in trouble if we don't manage to have an healthy wage (we may risk to get knock out of the UCL and we won't be able to have a good squad depth). Hence, giving a big wage to an average player will see us taking the wrong path. There are no little savings.

Excellent post.

The fee is only 5 mil, so we can give him around 70k wage without problem....

We could probably pay him 200k no problem! But we gotta use him as an example of the big wages aren't gonna happen anymore! Especially when I hear mata is on 60k a few years back we would give mata 120k as a starter! Cahill should suck it up and be proud to be playing for us competing for trophies

With Cahill, AVB should try Luiz as a right back, I think in that position we could take the best from his attacking skills, and we would suffer less from his defensive mistakes.

AVB's been pretty clear he sees Luiz as a CB only. Cahill is a replacement for Alex and slots in as one of three (and four when Iva is needed) CBs to be rotated.

I really like this signing, I think it's a great fit for AVB's system.