Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say that ? I'm from Tours and I used to see him playing at the Vallée du Cher, this guy has something special. It's the best and healthiest mentality you'll find all round and has a great talent when it comes to challenge, read the game and distribute properly. A lot of people judged him on Szczesny's howler vs Birmingham but his whole season was amazing, especially for a player coming from France and in that special position that is the CB spot. He did well right to the start and without adaptation

I watch a lot of games of Koscielny for 4 years now, many from Cahill for 2 years... In terms of distribution and reading of the game and trajectories he's far better than Cahill. Koscielny's sense of anticipation is what makes him win that much challenges, especially aerial ones without being carved from a block of rock. And of course they really have opposite mentalities.

In January 2008, Koscielny just made 18 excellent months with Tours in National (3rd Division, 1st non professional) and Ligue 2 and Tours was in the top 6. Nantes wanted him right in January, he said no a first time, they offered him a contract allowing him to stay on loan until the rest of the season. He said no again.

Whereas Cahill refuses to extend his contract for 2 years with the only target to leave as soon as possible Bolton

Thanks but I did eventually find the whole game on http://www.fullmatches.net/, I want to see the the entire game... for Cahill (was MOTM according to reports) and also Jarvis and Fletcher, my Wolves idols :P

wow, quite knowledgeable there!, i rememeber reading an article on him prior to his move to arsenal and he had the amazing statistic of winning every tackle he made in ligue 1 prior to his move to arsenal.

anyway in regards to cahills potential move to chelsea, i think we can do better. the money thing is a misnomer really, alot of the old boys are on contracts that aren't representative of what a footballler should be paid, also people who aren't footballers don't earn 50k per week so its incomparable(for people saying you'd be upset of your peers were earning more ect). if cahill doesn't wan't to accept the terms offered then fuck him quite frankly, he aint worth more than 50k pw imo, even that is genourous. shame the money doesn't seem to be forthcoming, i'd rather see AVB stick with what he has untill the summer and go for someone better, dejan lovren from lyon has been really impressive the past 2 seasons, adil rami from valencia would be a better option aswell. that said i see the need to buy english so i suppose those mentioned should maybe be bought on top of cahill.

If an only if this is about money then I'd say goodbye to him, and bid for Godin or some other target AVB has in mind, not Roman or Gourlay, and I know avb has been given freedom but you never know what roman will do when the boat starts sinking. I'd really love Cahill so maybe avb would try Luiz at the dm role. Atleast there if he makes a mistake he has backup.

He isn't really the kind of player who is worth to drag negocations for. If he ain't happy with what we give to him, and if he doesn't say yes or no quickly then we should move on and tell him to fuck off. There's a ton of footballers as good as him. Not a loose.