Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go hating on Cahill for wanting more money in all honesty. He's doing the same job as the other defenders at the club. I'd be pissed off if I was being paid half of another barman where I work.

In fact yeah it's the reaction everybody could have in similar situation. Though for me it's not an isolated point with him. For almost 2 years that I focus on him everytime I want or can watch him, I'm often disappointed by his apparent behaviour on and off the field.

Look at Coyle's bizarre choices like put Elmander on a flank, Jääskeläinen on the bench whereas fit... Until he recently decided to bench Davies he did not gave the armband to Cahill whereas he could frankly have done it earlier. I see a player who isn't a leader and moan on his team mates, a player who could have extended his contract to help the club who did help him... Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a group of factors that makes me skeptical. And I'm sad to recall me that everytime I watch him the same observations stand out

Anyway if he becomes a Chelsea player, I will support him considering he does his job properly, no problem with that. It's just that my personnal feeling for months does not announces the transfer the best ways

Coyle said Cahill hasn't spoken to Chelsea yet, just his representatives.

And btw heard he was MOTM in their game yesterday.

Yeah I read it too, I wanted to download Bolton-Wolves but I can't find any links on SoccerShouts or motd2u...

In fact yeah it's the reaction everybody could have in similar situation. Though for me it's not an isolated point with him. For almost 2 years that I focus on him everytime I want or can watch him, I'm often disappointed by his apparent behaviour on and off the field.

Look at Coyle's bizarre choices like put Elmander on a flank, Jääskeläinen on the bench whereas fit... Until he recently decided to bench Davies he did not gave the armband to Cahill whereas he could frankly have done it earlier. I see a player who isn't a leader and moan on his team mates, a player who could have extended his contract to help the club who did help him... Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a group of factors that makes me skeptical. And I'm sad to recall me that everytime I watch him the same observations stand out

Anyway if he becomes a Chelsea player, I will support him considering he does his job properly, no problem with that. It's just that my personnal feeling for months does not announces the transfer the best ways

Off topic : That's a masterful sig! Apart from the quote, which is inaccurate as of now :D

Can't go hating on Cahill for wanting more money in all honesty. He's doing the same job as the other defenders at the club. I'd be pissed off if I was being paid half of another barman where I work.

But the difference is that he'll be earning 10's of thousands a week which is still an unbelievable amount of money, not £150 a week that u can't live on. I don't think he'll struggle to buy a weekly shop on 10k-70k a week.

What? Koscielny is absolute garbage

How can you say that ? I'm from Tours and I used to see him playing at the Vallée du Cher, this guy has something special. It's the best and healthiest mentality you'll find all round and has a great talent when it comes to challenge, read the game and distribute properly. A lot of people judged him on Szczesny's howler vs Birmingham but his whole season was amazing, especially for a player coming from France and in that special position that is the CB spot. He did well right to the start and without adaptation

I personally like him and if Koscielny can come from Ligue 2 at thee same age and be a great df..then Cahill is average?! Don't make me laugh..

I watch a lot of games of Koscielny for 4 years now, many from Cahill for 2 years... In terms of distribution and reading of the game and trajectories he's far better than Cahill. Koscielny's sense of anticipation is what makes him win that much challenges, especially aerial ones without being carved from a block of rock. And of course they really have opposite mentalities.

In January 2008, Koscielny just made 18 excellent months with Tours in National (3rd Division, 1st non professional) and Ligue 2 and Tours was in the top 6. Nantes wanted him right in January, he said no a first time, they offered him a contract allowing him to stay on loan until the rest of the season. He said no again.

Whereas Cahill refuses to extend his contract for 2 years with the only target to leave as soon as possible Bolton

Thanks but I did eventually find the whole game on http://www.fullmatches.net/, I want to see the the entire game... for Cahill (was MOTM according to reports) and also Jarvis and Fletcher, my Wolves idols :P