Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the majority of people on here mock him as some shit defender yet on the SS commentary they were complimenting him about how good of a defender he has become here icon_rolleyes.gif

Commentators are absolutely clueless most of the time.

We actually watch him every game unlike the commentators.

And so does Mourinho and that is why he keeps his placce in the team. Mourinho will criticize players if he needs to. He done it with Oscar. Cahill has remained a firm starter in the team and I am sure our manager who watches him every game would say Cahill is a very important player for us.

And so does Mourinho and that is why he keeps his placce in the team. Mourinho will criticize players if he needs to. He done it with Oscar. Cahill has remained a firm starter in the team and I am sure our manager who watches him every game would say Cahill is a very important player for us.

Is there something Cahill does that Terry is incapable of doing?

How about the other way around: is there anything that Terry does that Cahill just can't do?

Terry has been playing very well indeed, but he ain't getting any younger.

If we have someone like Varane, doubt Cahill would be starting games right now. We don't exactly have many options at CB now, do we?

If we have someone like Varane, doubt Cahill would be starting games right now. We don't exactly have many options at CB now, do we?

Well if Cahill was playing as bad as people suggested he would have been dropped. Yes, Varane is better than Cahill. Same way Reus is a better no.10 than Oscar. We don't have Varane, we don't have Reus. If Mourinho thought Cahill was that bad he would have bought Mangalae in the summer. Funny how people solely give credit to Terry for all our defensive players. Yes, Terry has been the best CB in the league this season but you don't keep the amount of CS we have done without an excellent partnership between your two CB.

Well if Cahill was playing as bad as people suggested he would have been dropped. Yes, Varane is better than Cahill. Same way Reus is a better no.10 than Oscar. We don't have Varane, we don't have Reus. If Mourinho thought Cahill was that bad he would have bought Mangalae in the summer. Funny how people solely give credit to Terry for all our defensive players. Yes, Terry has been the best CB in the league this season but you don't keep the amount of CS we have done without an excellent partnership between your two CB.

Don't think people are saying cahill has been so bad. Don't know of anyone who wouldn't want Cahill In the squad to be honest. Chelsea in general does not have 'bad' players, though for me, Mikel comes real close...

Oscar is 23 and I am sure Chelsea expect him to improve, because as much as I like the kid, he is NOT good enough just yet. Then you go into characteristics, and Oscar is actually better defensively than Reus right now, but I digress.

Cahill is 29 and if we can improve on him, why not? Wanna go English? Don't see many great English defenders since JT, so that's going to be tough. I personally like Phil Jones, but also very raw product who makes mistakes, but he's fairly young. I'd rather go big on Ross right now - guy with that much ball control in pace is as much of a sure thing as it gets.

Don't think people are saying cahill has been so bad. Don't know of anyone who wouldn't want Cahill In the squad to be honest. Chelsea in general does not have 'bad' players, though for me, Mikel comes real close...

Oscar is 23 and I am sure Chelsea expect him to improve, because as much as I like the kid, he is NOT good enough just yet. Then you go into characteristics, and Oscar is actually better defensively than Reus right now, but I digress.

Cahill is 29 and if we can improve on him, why not? Wanna go English? Don't see many great English defenders since JT, so that's going to be tough. I personally like Phil Jones, but also very raw product who makes mistakes, but he's fairly young. I'd rather go big on Ross right now - guy with that much ball control in pace is as much of a sure thing as it gets.

Believe me. There are some people here who think Cahill is really bad and it totally baffles me because I think he is a quality all round defender. You just have to see the comments on this thread to see how much people do not rate him. Mikel is no Matic but do I think he is a valuable player for the squad? I do.

Regarding Barkley, he is one of my favourite players in the PL. If i had to pick any English player in my team it would be him. Fantastic player and as he showed against QPR he can do a very good job in the CM position even though he is considered a no.10.

Believe me. There are some people here who think Cahill is really bad and it totally baffles me because I think he is a quality all round defender. You just have to see the comments on this thread to see how much people do not rate him. Mikel is no Matic but do I think he is a valuable player for the squad? I do.

Regarding Barkley, he is one of my favourite players in the PL. If i had to pick any English player in my team it would be him. Fantastic player and as he showed against QPR he can do a very good job in the CM position even though he is considered a no.10.

He's not shit, not by any stretch of the imagination (although he does have some face palming tenancies that have started to creep back in his game off late).

What it boils down too is think back to 07/08 when we lost JT for a bit but we were fine cause Carvalho stepped up to lead the defence, can Cahill do the same?

The major concern about Cahill is can he step up and lead if need be? Could he lead Zouma through a CL final if Terry is unavailable? With Terry he is fine,,without him (further enhanced by his world cup displays) leave a lot to be desired and until he proves otherwise, that will always be a valid concern.

Look you posted about Oscar saying he is just not good enough yet but he is 23. Phil Jones is 22 or 23 and lets be honest, is nowhere near as good as Gary Cahill right now and thats a fact. Too many mistakes? Hes so injury prone he's not even worth considering either in my eyes, he had the chance to be an elite central defender eventually but Ferguson moved him around so many different positions- hes generally very average as a right back and central defender - and his injury record is embarrassing really, I would've had him a few years back yes but I think his opportunity of being the next big English CB has passed. Sure you can say Cahill went up to the top the long way but Jones started out billed as an absolutely huge English talent (like we've never heard of plenty of them before) then made a big move and really struggled for consistency.

wow, this thread is pretty quite.

if JT had made a tackle which GC made in the first half to stop mane from being thru on goal, then we would have been jizzing all over.

good performance. probably the only defender out of the back 4 that can hold his head up high.

wow, this thread is pretty quite.

if JT had made a tackle which GC made in the first half to stop mane from being thru on goal, then we would have been jizzing all over.

good performance. probably the only defender out of the back 4 that can hold his head up high.

Great tacke indeed. Terry made one just like that a little earlier, but that (tackles like that) isn't the reason terry is the better player. Terry is a far more complete footballer.

Good performance by cahill though.